Signed by Cowboys La'el Collins Extended

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
What's of buying in to potential that we did with Crawford.

Funny how this is praised now.... Lord help Collins and the front office if he struggles with health (again) or a level of competition at RT (that he never yet faced).

Meanwhile everyone in this thread cheering will forget they did so.

Yep. Didn't realize it was #2 highest paid of all RTs. That's too much for a guy who hasn't been very consistent in his career and is playing a new position. We should've paid him middle of the road until he proved otherwise. Anything better than the salary for an undrafted free agent.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What? Who said anything about OGs.

He's now the 2nd highest paid RT according to that tweet when he's never played a down at RT.

The Cowboys are clearly banking on potential here.

I did. OG are being paid 8 figures regularly. He would be the 11th guard in salary.

So are OG more valuable than RT? It's not a difficult question.

The point of my asking it is the RT salary is a function of most teams not having 2 good OT and the most talented OT going on the left side.

Fact is that $7.5m is not that much for a talented OL.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yep. Didn't realize it was #2 highest paid of all RTs. That's too much for a guy who hasn't been very consistent in his career and is playing a new position. We should've paid him middle of the road until he proved otherwise. Anything better than the salary for an undrafted free agent.

He's not. In terms of AAV he is 4th behind Johnson, Wagner, and Moses.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/right-tackle/

Most teams don't have two talented OT.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
GIF_collins_bulldozer.gif

lael.0.gif
Chills. I know what my next jersey purchase is going to be.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I did. OG are being paid 8 figures regularly. He would be the 11th guard in salary.

So are OG more valuable than RT? It's not a difficult question.

The point of my asking it is the RT salary is a function of most teams not having 2 good OT and the most talented OT going on the left side.

Fact is that $7.5m is not that much for a talented OL.

For context, this contract would put him around #40 or so for O-Line (no position distinction).

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
No. Garrett and Doug Free were buddies. Garrett would not bench him under any circumstances.
Wow! For a franchise that is going on 20+ years without playing in or for a Super Bowl...we are still playing THAT game? Wow! Just wow!

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He's not. In terms of AAV he is 4th behind Johnson, Wagner, and Moses.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/right-tackle/

Most teams don't have two talented OT.

Still seems expensive for a guy who lost the LG position and never played a snap at RT. Not that I don't think he has potential, but # 2 or #4 or whatever highest paid seems steep for someone unproven. Then again, if no RTs get paid much then I guess it's not a big deal. Makes me wonder how we could pay a RT that much but couldn't pay a LG in Leary. Isn't RT supposed to be more expensive and valuable than LG? Forgive me, I'm pretty bad when it comes to contracts and money. I just see #2/4 highest paid and that seems like a lot.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Still seems expensive for a guy who lost the LG position and never played a snap at RT. Not that I don't think he has potential, but # 2 or #4 or whatever highest paid seems steep for someone unproven. Then again, if no RTs get paid much then I guess it's not a big deal. Makes me wonder how we could pay a RT that much but couldn't pay a LG in Leary. Isn't RT supposed to be more expensive and valuable than LG? Forgive me, I'm pretty bad when it comes to contracts and money. I just see #2/4 highest paid and that seems like a lot.

How did he lose the LG position?

He's behind 10 OG, 6 C, 17 LT, and 3 RT. IOW he is the 37th highest paid OL. This notion that 5% of the cap is a lot is ludicrous.