La'el Collins - Left Guard?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Word is out that after signing Orlando Brown, the Bengals are going to release La'el Collins. Collins spent his first year playing Left Guard for the Cowboys. Should they consider signing Collins to play the Guard position?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Word is out that after signing Orlando Brown, the Bengals are going to release La'el Collins. Collins spent his first year playing Left Guard for the Cowboys. Should they consider signing Collins to play the Guard position?
If La'el is willing to sign for cheap, I absolutely would. He was a wrecking back his first and only year playing at Left Guard.

conner01

Reaction score
I think they won’t Tyron starting on left side once Steele is healthy
I’d prefer he was depth but I don’t get to make that call. To me Tyler is your future LT so put him there and leave him
The personal stuff with Collins aside I think they see Tyler at guard and Tyron at LT till Tyron retires

conner01

Reaction score
La'el Collins has already played his last game with the Cowboys.

He's already burned his bridges behind him with them.

Here's hoping that he's learned something!
He may have
Hopefully he’s matured but getting cut and not getting big offers may help him in the long run
He can play guard and would be really nice to have there but I don’t see that happening

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I think this would result in a reversal of the locker room culture, and possibly upset the o-line.

Steele took his job away from him. How would it feel to guys like Martin and Steele to see him get rewarded with a position on the roster one year later?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wouldn’t sign him for any more than the vet minimum, then you’d get a vet minimum effort.

We can do better.