Twitter: La'el Collins on his future position

CCBoy

Reaction score
All things considered, if the Cowboys have a real shot at him, take the OT Williams from Texas...make it an outright competition for who starts at right tackle. Either would be solid back at left guard, for a season...other wise, I want a defensive tackle in the first round and a trade up and OG in the second round.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Exactly what you expect until/unless the team says otherwise........

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here we go.

I think the team would have to be idiotic to force him to switch positions twice in two years.

I prefer Collins to stay at OT too, but what I think would be idiotic would be to not put the 5 best players on the field, regardless of whether that is with Collins at OG or OT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here we go.

I think the team would have to be idiotic to force him to switch positions twice in two years.

Where he goes has nothing to do with him. If they can find a good tackle then hes playing guard. If they can come up with a good guard then he is playing tackle.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Easier to find another guard to replace Cooper than it is a RT....makes much more sense for him to stay and let Flemming be the swing.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I prefer Collins to stay at OT too, but what I think would be idiotic would be to not put the 5 best players on the field, regardless of whether that is with Collins at OG or OT.
OL is different then other positions. You can't just put the 5 best they have to fit like a puzzle. OL has to have chemistry more then any other position group. They have to feel how to pass a defender off and trust that the guy beside them will pick him up.

We are a better team with Collins at RT, Fleming the swing tackle and drafting a LG. Keep the same line only changing LG. You seen what happen last year when changing 2 spots did to chemistry.... Took them a few games to get it together and those earlier losses hurt like Rams, GB and Atlanta. All 3 playoff teams that would have gave us a chance at making the playoffs. Especially Atlanta with the Green debacle

revospeed

Reaction score
Looney is going to be given an opportunity to start. Chaz Green wasn’t terrible at guard, but he’s made out of porcelain.