La'el Collins reinstated

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas needs to get their best 5 on the field.

The way I heard Jerry Jones talk this morning it didn’t sound like he was in any hurry to get Steele off the field but he admitted they usually give guys their job back when they return from injury and made a comment that both could be on the field.

So we’ll see.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I thought his best year was at Tackle.

He was never that impressive at guard and we were always better with Ron Leary in the lineup at guard imo.

Im just not impressed with Connor Williams. I know he gets the job done but that guy is so finesse and gets bullied at times.

Connor had 3 flags against Philly, and 4 against NE. At this point I'd rather have anyone on the line at LG. He's getting manhandled.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You guys are quick to turn on our own players. La’el is an all pro level RT. Steele did his job now it’s time to go sit down.

Did Collins do ‘his job’ these past 5 weeks? Well? And why not? This should be good, real good.

What exactly was Collins doing these past 5 weeks? Collins turned on the team and the fans and you are rolling out the red carpet for his triumphant return.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Did Collins do ‘his job’ these past 5 weeks? Well? And why not? This should be good, real good.

What exactly was Collins doing these past 5 weeks? Collins turned on the team and the fans and you are rolling out the red carpet for his triumphant return.
What are you getting at? These aren't the gotcha questions you seem to think they are. They are really dumb, IMO. Your opinion of Collins is very negative, you've made that obvious but it is a problem in only one place... in your head. Collins will be welcomed back to his starting RT position and I hope it ticks you off.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dallas needs to get their best 5 on the field.

The way I heard Jerry Jones talk this morning it didn’t sound like he was in any hurry to get Steele off the field but he admitted they usually give guys their job back when they return from injury and made a comment that both could be on the field.

So we’ll see.

What I’m loving about Steele is he’s got some nasty that we’ve seen throughout the years from a lot of our RT’s. Eric Williams, Colombo, etc

Verdict

Reaction score
What are you getting at? These aren't the gotcha questions you seem to think they are. They are really dumb, IMO. Your opinion of Collins is very negative, you've made that obvious but it is a problem in only one place... in your head. Collins will be welcomed back to his starting RT position and I hope it ticks you off.

I know your response was not directed toward me but if you don’t think his 5 game suspension matters, I think that’s a pretty naive idea.

quickccc

Reaction score
He started out as a LG in the NFL.

yeh, Cowboys envisioned Lael Collins as an OG entering the NFL.

- Reportedly they thought he had shorter than preferred arm length for an OT, and plugged him in at LG ..over incumbent Ron Leary.
He was considered to have first round ability coming out of LSU, but everyone well knows very unfortunate situation that saw him
totally out of the draft.

- Cowboys actually drafted Chaz Green in the 3rd rd. to be the heir apparent to vet Doug Free.
But Green had major durability issues that stunted his development considerably and apparently Free totally surprised the Cowboys
by suddenly retiring.

- That left the club forced to move Collins over to RT, .and he's been there since, while the likes of Jonathan Cooper, Connor Williams have
tried to plug the LG role. The saga still continues here.