Lakers Thread

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
juck;5046223 said:
Tim Donaghey disagrees

I hear him. It sounds as if his voice is coming from the unemployment line.

It is one thing to have somebody associated with a sport that is dishonest or is cheating. It is another thing entirely to have it sanctioned by the League or the Commissioner.

That's not proof that the Commish is fixing games.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
khiladi;5046591 said:
Stern is a puppet, just like Goodell is. He's just a figure-head for what the owners, as a whole want. Being a commisioner is the easiest job in the world in relation to the pay, apparently.

Perhaps, but that is not proof that the League or Stern is fixing games or cheating. That's proof that the Commissioner is doing the job he was hired to do. That is, to represent the best interests of the owners. Cheating or fixing games is not in the best interests of the owners.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, the Lakers playoff run went down with Kobe :(

This could be a career ender or an extender for a few years after a long recovery, only time will tell.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;5047123 said:
Karma.

Me and that woman in Colorado will laugh heartedly at this.

Ridiculous.

That was tough to see, may have just seen his last game. Much respect and as a LA fan, will be missed and thanks for all the memories.

kristie

Reaction score
kobe getting hurt like that sucks. i don't wish this type of injury on anybody.:(:(:(

ghst187

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;5047123 said:
Karma.

Me and that woman in Colorado will laugh heartedly at this.

guess Harrison Barnes is now the "Black Mongoose"?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lakers are in the playoffs, but it seems anticlimactic after the egg the Jazz laid tonight.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jammer;5050453 said:
The Lakers are in the playoffs, but it seems anticlimactic after the egg the Jazz laid tonight.

Actually, no. Lakers beat the Rockets to secure the 7th seed so they actually played their way in going 8 - 2 over the last 10 games of the season and winning the last three games without Kobe.

Which is kinda funny because there were no shortage of people who didn't think the Lakers were making the playoffs.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;5050824 said:
Actually, no. Lakers beat the Rockets to secure the 7th seed so they actually played their way in going 8 - 2 over the last 10 games of the season and winning the last three games without Kobe.

Which is kinda funny because there were no shortage of people who didn't think the Lakers were making the playoffs.

Not only did they make it. Im pretty sure they will take the spurs out!!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY;5050824 said:

I guess when I said it was anticlimatic it was because the Jazz game didn't go down to the wire like I thought it would. I expected more from that game since their playoff chances were on the line also. I didn't expect them to win, but I didn't expect them to lay an egg either.

I went to bed at halftime of the Lakers game secure in the knowledge they were in the playoffs. If the Jazz had won I would have lost a couple of hours of sleep watching the Lakers game.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Wont happen but wouldn't it seem like a for sure thing that the lakers would release bryant if the won it all without him!!?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5051217 said:
Wont happen but wouldn't it seem like a for sure thing that the lakers would release bryant if the won it all without him!!?

No... they would trade him.

Not that either will happen however. But they can indeed beat the Spurs without him.