Lamar Miller or Doug Martin

coach steele

Reaction score
Someone in a previous thread (Lynch vs. Forte) suggested that a better thread would be Miller vs. Martin. Both are FA's and under 26. With that in mind, who do you take?

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Lamar Miller would fit our offense far better than Martin. He's never had under 4 YPC, and this is behind a pretty mediocre run blocking line.

Lamar is like Lesean McCoy he will run wel behind a mediocre line, speed kills, that juke against the Giants was beautiful. I'd take either or. Scheme wise of course Lamar but the Martin has much to like as well especially the power.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lamar is like Lesean McCoy he will run wel behind a mediocre line, speed kills, that juke against the Giants was beautiful. I'd take either or. Scheme wise of course Lamar but the Martin has much to like as well especially the power.

One of the main reasons I liked Murray so much is his patience behind the line along with his stop and start speed. Miller displays just that but has a little more speed and even better cuts. I think Miami is wasting him slightly, they should be having him running the ball down defenses throats.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I liked Murray so much is his patience behind the line along with his stop and start speed. Miller displays just that but has a little more speed and even better cuts. I think Miami is wasting him slightly, they should be having him running the ball down defenses throats.

Oh yeah his speed and cuts are better, Murray I loved but was to stiff. I was hoping we traded for Miller before the deadline.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Of the two, I'd go Martin. Not gonna happen though because the team doesn't value the position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't hate either, but I would rather draft a long term starter. We are going to begin spending big cap resourses soon with Fredericks extention (whenever they decide to do it) and with Martin and Collins following in the coming years. Id rather not tie cap resourses to FA starters. Although signing a Miller or Martin might not hurt our ability to keep lineman

KB1122

Reaction score
I keep reading that we need a running back. I don't know. McFadden's going to break 1000 yards, with a good shot at 1,100 yards, even maybe 1,200, without being the starter for the entire year. His only fault seems to be not being 2014 Murray. But how often does that happen? I'd rather stick with McFadden, pick up a reliable short-yardage bruiser, and spend our money and draft picks at another position.

tm1119

Reaction score
Miami will resign him.

They seem to be working Ajayi in already. Not saying they can't use both, but it's a lot more likely for a team to let a guy walk when they have a young guy they like behind him making peanuts.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They seem to be working Ajayi in already. Not saying they can't use both, but it's a lot more likely for a team to let a guy walk when they have a young guy they like behind him making peanuts.

I think its less about MIami wanting to bring him back and more about MIller. Im pretty sure he doesnt enjoy being as under used as he is.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he'll get away from Miami but Lamar Miller would be fantastic in this offense.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way Miami has misused Miller this season... I could see him not signing with them. Their use of Miller was criminal.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate either, but I would rather draft a long term starter. We are going to begin spending big cap resourses soon with Fredericks extention (whenever they decide to do it) and with Martin and Collins following in the coming years. Id rather not tie cap resourses to FA starters. Although signing a Miller or Martin might not hurt our ability to keep lineman

Lamar Miller is only 24 though. Pretty young for being in the league for 4 years already.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I think dallas will sign forte if anybody but will most likely draft a rb in rounds 2-4.