Lamar Odom traded to Dallas

Ren

Reaction score
Still need a decent C, would hate going into the season with Haywood

Reaction score
Ren;4303126 said:
Still need a decent C, would hate going into the season with Haywood

He's not a bad center. Good defender/rebounder and a decent finisher around the rim. That's all the Mavs need. You guys seriously overrate Chandler. He's nothing without a good point guard. He's simply a product of playing with good point guards like CP3 and Kidd. He's struggled when playing with an average point guard. I don't see him making much of an impact in New York. By the time this season is over whether Dallas repeats or not all y'all will be saying Thank Gkd we didn't overpay for Chandler.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Odom is a very decent player... Cuban is playing Chess...

I'm pretty sure he is going after Dalembert...

I applaud his efforts...

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4305426 said:
Odom is a very decent player... Cuban is playing Chess...

I'm pretty sure he is going after Dalembert...

I applaud his efforts...

lol

Did you figure this out by reading any article written about Dalembert in the last week? It's not some breaking news. They're trying to sign him to a one year deal to have cap space in 2012. Houston is also going after him.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
CATCH17;4300804 said:
I love how you guys think Cuban could actually sway Stern into stopping this trade.

That wasn't really the point.. although yes, its a league owned team so i think the league owners have a say for sure in how the league manages that team.

The point was Cuban whined that the LA trade was unfair, yet this one seems perfectly fair to him?

I get that he's trying to do what's best for his team at any means necessary, but this is a pathetic look for him.

It would have been best for that franchise if that deal had gone through. Now they're going to lose CP3 anyway, and they'll get nothing for it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4301549 said:
Lakers frantically scrambling to make moves after getting their *** swept by the Mavs last season. D Will is gonna end up in Dallas now. We're playing chess and winning here. Picked up Odom for absolutely nothing.

Also, continue to LOL @ any Lakers fans who also root for the Cowboys. If you're not a hot girl that's just dumb and cute, then do not get on message boards and try to talk sports. You have zero credibility as a human. I'm sure you're also a Yankees fan.

:rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Interesting. Cuban doesn't seem to be protesting the trade.

Also:

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Hearing rumblings that league may have pulled out of CP deal
14 minutes ago

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4307800 said:
Interesting. Cuban doesn't seem to be protesting the trade.

Also:

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Hearing rumblings that league may have pulled out of CP deal
14 minutes ago

Good. Just helps the Mavs chances of getting Williams/Paul.

Hopefully Howard doesn't go to LA so all 3 guys will be an option next year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CATCH17;4307910 said:
Good. Just helps the Mavs chances of getting Williams/Paul.

Hopefully Howard doesn't go to LA so all 3 guys will be an option next year.

The trade to Dallas makes sense for LA. Nobody likes it but the truth is that Odom fits the triangle but not a conventional post game. He is an open court guy and he would fit in an offense that slashes to the basket. That's not the Lakers this coming season. It also saves the Lakers 32 Million over the next two years.

As far as a Williams, Paul and Howard, well, if Howard doesn't get traded this year, he will likely sign an extension with Orlando and he is not going to be an option for next off season IMO, if that happens. I don't know about Paul. I think he's headed for a legal battle with the league and if he wins that, he will be a Laker I think. If he doesn't, he may end up in Orlando next year.

Williams has stated that he is going back to the Nets. I am not sure where that leaves him for next year.

Reaction score
^ There is no way Dwight signs an extension with Orlando. He knows he can't win there. They don't have any assets to try acquire another star to help him out nor do they have cap space.

kristie

Reaction score
^ why don't the hornets just trade paul to orlando & have him play with howard?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
kristie;4308499 said:
^ why don't the hornets just trade paul to orlando & have him play with howard?

Orlando doesn't have the cap nor the players to trade for him. Because he is still under contract, it would have to be a trade scenario.

Reaction score
Another thing I just noticed the Mavs have one of the best benches in NBA history.

Lamar - Current reigning 6th man of the year
Jet - Former 6th man of the year and without question the best bench scorer
Carter - While he's not even close to the Carter we saw in Toronto he can still get you 15-20 ppg.
Roddy B - He was injured last year, but when he was healthy he proved to be very dynamic point guard who can score in bunches,

They have one again the best bench in the NBA.