Twitter: Lamb eligible for contract extension 2023

Flamma

Reaction score
Stephen “Cap Boy” basically said the cap savings is for CeeDee, Diggs and Parsons. Stephen needs to shut up. He makes his dad look good.:laugh::facepalm:

Did he really say that? Because none of them will be cap spikes next year. If they sign them all after year 3, the fat cap hits come in 2025 for Diggs, 2026 for Lamb, and 2027 for Parsons. Based on how I see contracts structured. However, the 5th year option can be seen as a considerable cap hit.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Did he really say that? Because none of them will be cap spikes next year. If they sign them all after year 3, the fat cap hits come in 2025 for Diggs, 2026 for Lamb, and 2027 for Parsons. Based on how I see contracts structured. However, the 5th year option can be seen as a considerable cap hit.
He said we have players coming up. Specifically Lamb and Parsons. We all know that means Diggs will have another all pro season and will ask to be the highest paid cornerback.:laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score
He said we have players coming up. Specifically Lamb and Parsons. We all know that means Diggs will have another all pro season and will ask to be the highest paid cornerback.:laugh:

He's just blowing smoke up everyone's butts because he thinks fans don't pay attention to contracts. Well, most probably don't. Some think it's boring ** to look at. But that's why he gets away with it. He's saving the cap space for Dak's cap hit primarily. It will be 50M next year. That's a 30M cap hit jump.

I think he's still going to have to push some of that forward next year, but it won't be a lot. I can't tell how much because I don't know next year's cap.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He's just blowing smoke up everyone's butts because he thinks fans don't pay attention to contracts. Well, most probably don't. Some think it's boring ** to look at. But that's why he gets away with it. He's saving the cap space for Dak's cap hit primarily. It will be 50M next year. That's a 30M cap hit jump.

I think he's still going to have to push some of that forward next year, but it won't be a lot. I can't tell how much because I don't know next year's cap.
If the Cowboys play well this season and win a playoff game, I don’t see the Cowboys paying anyone next season unless the player takes a below market deal. Stephen will double down on the success and blame Dak’s contract on why we can’t pay anyone. Plus Lamb, Diggs, and Parsons can’t go anywhere.

Flamma

Reaction score
If the Cowboys play well this season and win a playoff game, I don’t see the Cowboys paying anyone next season unless the player takes a below market deal. Stephen will double down on the success and blame Dak’s contract on why we can’t pay anyone. Plus Lamb, Diggs, and Parsons can’t go anywhere.

There are reasons why you should extend a player you intend to keep after their 3rd season. Multiple reasons. They don't have to do it. If they wait, the cap hits will be bigger.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There are reasons why you should extend a player you intend to keep after their 3rd season. Multiple reasons. They don't have to do it. If they wait, the cap hits will be bigger.
The Joneses are arrogant. They only pay when the have too. After the Zeke deal they changed the way they do business. They only paid Dak because they had too. Jerrah seemed pissed that he had to right that check. :laugh::laugh: The Cowboys appear to be only about brand building to put more money in the Jones family bank account. The Cowboys organization just has to put a average/good team on the field, the money will keep flowing in.​

Flamma

Reaction score
The Joneses are arrogant. They only pay when the have too. After the Zeke deal they changed the way they do business. They only paid Dak because they had too. Jerrah seemed pissed that he had to right that check. :laugh::laugh: The Cowboys appear to be only about brand building to put more money in the Jones family bank account. The Cowboys organization just has to put a average/good team on the field, the money will keep flowing in.​

Their off seasons going back almost a decade would point to exactly that.