Lamb, Gallup, & Cooper - 6.82 ypa

Swagger

Reaction score
Next game: The Falcons. That has potential to be beyond brutal to our defense. Julio Jones. Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage. When Matt Ryan look at our film...
It will be an interesting game. The Falcons played pretty well despite the scoreline versus the Seahawks. I watched a fair bit of the game. They had a couple of nice early sacks on Wilson. But Wilson was excellent for the Seahawks. I liked the Falcons for this game and but for naive defending by the rookies and some bad decisions they would have had every chance oh and plus Wilson.

I had us being 1-2 after three games and will stick with that. Home field advantage probably won't be much of an advantage in January given the lack of the fans so if we can just make the post season then we have a chance of some sorts.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
And it WAS NOT because they all three ran short routes all night.
That take is crazy....and nearly impossible

either they were all covered or Dak was being conservative.
Yep, this is where Dak misses Kitna who was on him all last year to "Let it rip" and trust yourself. Dak's confidence was shot last night.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak had time, was it perfect? no, but most of the time he had a pocket and a few seconds. He needed to get out of the pocket more and earlier!
Yep, poicket awareness, where and how to move in the pocket, reading the defense, slow release and anticipating a reciever breaking free. None of these things are strengths of Dak.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You really want to believe what you wrote so badly Because you like the guy, but it just isnt true.

There were plenty of plays out there where Dak threw a short pass when a deeper route was open. He was jittery because of the pass protection
Just go ahead and name them.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yep, poicket awareness, where and how to move in the pocket, reading the defense, slow release and anticipating a reciever breaking free. None of these things are strengths of Dak.
This was very true through the first half of 2018. Last night, not so much. This is all of those things.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This was very true through the first half of 2018. Last night, not so much. This is all of those things.

That was great, wish we saw more of that! Looks like he was locked in on Lamb that whole route though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This thread if ridicules. Dak had 25 receptions in the game for 266 that is 10.64 per completion and completed 64% of his passes on the night. However it is from the same old crowd who do not like Dak so it is to be expected even if it is pathetic

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
You don’t have time to throw.
Yet Goff throw deep passes and underneath passes in under 3 seconds. There is time to throw the ball. The route scheme might be an issue? The offense was very vanilla yesterday. Way too conservative. Dak was accurate I was good with how he delivered the ball. I was not OK with how he was targeting short routes. Was that on Dak or the coaches? That I do not know.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yet Goff throw deep passes and underneath passes in under 3 seconds. There is time to throw the ball. The route scheme might be an issue? The offense was very vanilla yesterday. Way too conservative. Dak was accurate I was good with how he delivered the ball. I was not OK with how he was targeting short routes. Was that on Dak or the coaches? That I do not know.

Vast majority of the rams passes were short balls they were not going deep at all.

JBond

Reaction score
I don't understand the dink and dunk approach to much of the Cowboys offense tonight.

All night I kept screaming for them to throw the ball down the field.
I believe the O-line was better than most are giving credit for. I wonder how many other games some fans watch. We need to take deep shots early.

Anyone that watched the Bucks Saints game would say our line is pretty dang good.

Also watched the Seattle game. Jamal is a difference maker, but also plays with the best LB in football in front of him.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Did we throw a screen all game??

Seemed like the rams were allowed to mindlessly pass rush with no worries
Yep, the one time to Zeke and he scored a TD on it. They needed to throw more of them because that is always a good thing to do when the pass rush is fierce. Kellen Moore is garbage.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Vast majority of the rams passes were short balls they were not going deep at all.
That is true for all 32 teams. Majority of passes are short all the time. However, Goff threw more deep than Dak did and he did so in under 3 seconds.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

BuT dAk HaD a cLeAn PoCkEt aLL NiGhT!

See, that is what a $22.5 million a year salary player looks like. Everyone can see the guy. He is always apparent and disruptive ALWAYS right? Please explain Demarcus Lawrence at $21 million?????????????????? "DLaw" only earns $1,5 mil less than Donald? Yikes. D Law is absent most of the time, is hardly noticeable ever, rarely makes an impact, yet earns almost as much as Donald. Absolutely garbage.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Dak IS capable of pushing the ball downfield. We've seen it.
But his default setting is and always has been to play it safe.