Lamb in Kellen's Offense Minus Garrett's Cuffs

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
They said three things
  1. Garrett did not take over the play-calling or overrule Moore any more than first 3 games
  2. Pass/Run was dictated by what the defense presented
  3. Pass/Run initial play call was 1st option, but depending on defense, Dak could change a los

In either case. In the Saints game--the first game that some said Garrett mythically took over the play-calling--we passed WAY more than we ran. But if some think we should've passed more on first down, they need to take that up with Dak....because as a veteran in his 4th year, he certainly should be able to recognize what the defense is showing.

The thing is, regardless of what some say happened, Dallas continued to destroy low ranking defenses just as much after the supposed switch as before. The results were the same.
It was the better defenses that owned us.
Never said he took over the playcalling. What he did was take over the schematic approach.

B/c we were losing, first down was a significant decline.

Overall pass/run balance is entirely meaningless.

I mean believe what you want to believe. If you don't think that JG took greater influence on the offense after week 3, then you're incredibly naive. The offense reverted precisely back to what it had been since 2016.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Same theory that Richard called defensive plays when it was good and Marinelli was responsible when it went bad.

Both are baseless and untrue.

DROPS and player mistakes were bigger killers than any offensive scheme last year.

Cobb vs Saints
Cooper vs Packers
Gallup vs Eagles
The whole team vs Jets/Bills/Pats/Bears
While I agree, the approach to try to win games 20-13 makes every error more impactful.

JG wanted to live with razor thin margins, instead of taking every opportunity to score. It's a horribly stupid way to approach the modern NFL.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Zero verification that Garrett stepped in after three games last year and trashed the offense.

None.

It was rumored and by all accounts just flat out false.

That includes Kellen Moore even saying so as well.

The first three games we played were vs crap defenses. That was that.

We just destroyed the Giants and Skins defense during that early stretch and equally or moreso later.
It was a theme all year--pile up huge stats vs patsy defenses and fold vs good ones.

First 2 games vs Skins and Giants
  • 66 points scored
  • 674 yards passing
  • 7 Passing TDs
  • 1 int
  • 988 Total Yards

Later in year vs Skins and Giants
  • 84 points scored
  • 560 yards passing
  • 7 Passing TDs
  • 1 int
  • 946 Total Yards
hopefully with mccarthy he can maybe add a different approach against the better defenses and help moore gameplan better against top defenses this year.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I mean - I understand the frustration with Garrett and the enthusiasm for this season, but - we played the Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins back to back to back. These guys were damn near moribund defensively.

This offense ran into a buzzsaw when they played winning teams, and that is what ultimately cost us the postseason.
Yep.

And like all of us who liked the pick of Lamb..

I think way too much is being placed on him changing our season from last years failings.

He is going to flash at times but the entire team has to respond to all these changes. Most here have been fans long enough to know..

when teams are having problems and ownership decides to scrap the entire staff and gut it..

it is usually going to take several years to recover and get back to winning again.

So while I like Lamb and alot of the team that has been assembled..

I am not going to talk myself into believing we are just going to suddenly go into this season and pull off another 2016 type year.

I watched Zeke's video about what he thought about McCarthy. One of Zeke's answer was that during his time here, the team had just not won.

That the team was hopeful that McCarthy having won before would change things.

I thought that was a real remark from Zeke. He did not sugar coat it or alibi it..he said they had just not done it and sort of implied to me that part of the reason why was they were forced to endure Garrett and Jerrah cobbling together a team that didn't have enough experience and it didn't work.

Now that is me putting words in Zeke's mouth which he can't say out loud but we all have thought it in the last 10 years.

So these are big changes we are going thru and we shall see what the players do with this change.

It's going to be bumpy if you want to know the truth..

Go Cowboys.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Moore said it was dictated by the looks the defense presented and that there were audible options.
Both Dak and Moore said nothing changed

People were just projecting with zero real evidence

Not that it matters to me.
Just passing along the facts from the actual coaches and players’ mouths

It doesn't matter what anyone says. People will think whatever they want. Even Bryan Broadus who tried getting Garrett fired, told us that the staff he spoke with said Moore was in control on game day. Garrett helped during the week with the plan but Moore was in charge on game day.