Lamb is on pace to break Irvin's single-season Cowboys records

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
to be fair if someone's going to make a post, shouldn't we put what yardage target, also add its an extra game ie always will be an asterisk now in fans minds with all these extra games going from 12-14-16- and now 17

I lie to see them break it say lamb get it at game 16 then its much more valid but if it takes the 17th game and barely squeaks by, not as impressive but great season anyway,

Michael Irvin has the most yards on receptions for the Cowboys in a season, with 1,603 yards in 1995.
Agreed. If it takes him 17 to break the record, its not the same. It'll still be great, but not the same.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well the same could be said for all the record holders in the 80s, 90s, and 00s'. They used to play 14 games a season, up until the 1970s before it went to 16 game seasons.

So should we asterisk those decades after the 70s as well??? If we're going to keep it consistent.....
i guess you missed the fact that i stated that in my first line ,there used to be 12/14/16 games... that pretty much inferred that i understand that... :facepalm: . and yes there should be asterisks we should understand that...

mldardy

Reaction score
Did he forget that Michael Irvin's career was cut short by injury?
Probably. Warren is a Cowboy hater. He also loves to say repeatedly that Brad Johnson had more TD passes than Aikman and of course Emmitt was only good because of 'that oline'. I guess if that's the case Warren was only good because he played with Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, Simeon Rice, and Ronde Barber.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Michael Irvin fans around but he did also have Alvin Harper and Jay Novacek pulling defenders off him at times. Not to mention Troy Aikman throwing and handing off to the all-time leading rusher Emmitt Smith and the the best Oline in history. I think if Lamb breaks his record it should be considered pretty remarkable.
Nobody ever finds reason to penalize or downplay Jerry Rice for the team he had around him like they do for Irvin.

mldardy

Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Michael Irvin fans around but he did also have Alvin Harper and Jay Novacek pulling defenders off him at times. Not to mention Troy Aikman throwing and handing off to the all-time leading rusher Emmitt Smith and the the best Oline in history. I think if Lamb breaks his record it should be considered pretty remarkable.
I love Alvin but give me a break with this, Alvin has over 800 yards in a season once in his career and never caught more than 36 passes in season. Novacek as good as he was, was not a wide receiver or a deep threat. Michael was the primary focus in the passing game. If anything Harper and Novacek benefitted from Irvin the best example of the play in 92 NFCCG when Harper caught that slant and ran it down the 1 in the 4th quarter,

I'm not sure what Troy handing off to Emmitt had much to do with Michael catching passes. Michael's TD numbers are so low because once we got in the red zone or inside the 5-10 yard line the ball was going to Emmitt or Novacek most of the time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
CD looks like a diferent WR right now, the fact that everytime the ball goes his way its "MY BALL" is all i need to see to say he is becomming a real #88.. its great to see another playmaker comming alive.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Alvin but give me a break with this, Alvin has over 800 yards in a season once in his career and never caught more than 36 passes in season. Novacek as good as he was, was not a wide receiver or a deep threat. Michael was the primary focus in the passing game. If anything Harper and Novacek benefitted from Irvin the best example of the play in 92 NFCCG when Harper caught that slant and ran it down the 1 in the 4th quarter,

I'm not sure what Troy handing off to Emmitt had much to do with Michael catching passes. Michael's TD numbers are so low because once we got in the red zone or inside the 5-10 yard line the ball was going to Emmitt or Novacek most of the time.
Harper was a great #2, period. Nowhere near the receiver Irvin was.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yep. The record books should state the number of games played in that season.
Lamb is averaging more yards per game at this point. May not hold, but at this point the number of games doesn’t really matter