Lamb vs Ridley

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
True

Julio had 157 targets this past season and 170 in 2018. Nevermind the fact, he is probably a top-10 receiver of all-time...

Folks in here are underrating Ridley. He is better than Gallup...
No, kiddos who loved Ridley coming out can't admit reality now even tho it has proven out as experts suggested.

Gallup last year had only 3 more receptions but he was FARRRRR more explosive.
Gallup had 5 plays of 40+ yards, Ridley had zero. Yes, 0.
1107 yards to 886... It wasn't close as to whom was better last year.

The knock on Ridley coming out even amongst people who loved him was his ceiling was a WR2.
He's a really good possession WR. He moves the ball. But he is not a big play guy.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No, kiddos who loved Ridley coming out can't admit reality now even tho it has proven out as experts suggested.

The knock on Ridley coming out even amongst people who loved him was his ceiling was a WR2.
He's a really good possession WR. He moves the ball. But he is not a big play guy.
How can you say that when Ridley had 3 less catches on 20 less targets and more TDs in less games. He also had only 3 drops compared to Gallup’s 11.

How can you honestly say it wasnt close smh

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Mike drop....

:clap:

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I don't know yet. Ridley shows flashes when given targets, but he has Julio , so he won't shine for a while. He's 26 and Lamb is 22. He was the same age as Marvin Harrison when he got drafted. Marvin emerged as an elite receiver when he was 27. Maybe the same will happen for Ridley. I think Lambs hands will allow him to have a bigger impact earlier. Dak 's accuracy isn't the greatest and his hands will make him the go to guy on 3rd down.
I'd need to know two things. Is dak going to be our qb long term and how hard will lamb work to get better?

Ridley:
6’1
189 lbs
31 5/8 arms
9 1/8 hand size

4.43 40 yd dash
15 bench press reps
31” vertical
110” broad jump
6.88 3 cone
4.41 20 yd shuttle

Lamb:
6’2
198 lbs
32 1/4 arm length
9 1/4 hand size

4.5 40 yd dash
11 bench press reps
34.5” vertical
124” broad jump
NA 3-cone
NA 20 yd shuttle

I know this is a Cowboys fan board, but no bias, who do you guys think will be a better pro?

Both were arguably the best receiver in their class, and while Ridley has had a nice career thus far, I would hope Lamb would put up better numbers.

I dont see Ridley as a #1 receiver in the league. I hope Lamb can and will be that guy once we move on from Cooper

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ridley:
6’1
189 lbs
31 5/8 arms
9 1/8 hand size

4.43 40 yd dash
15 bench press reps
31” vertical
110” broad jump
6.88 3 cone
4.41 20 yd shuttle

Lamb:
6’2
198 lbs
32 1/4 arm length
9 1/4 hand size

4.5 40 yd dash
11 bench press reps
34.5” vertical
124” broad jump
NA 3-cone
NA 20 yd shuttle

I know this is a Cowboys fan board, but no bias, who do you guys think will be a better pro?

Both were arguably the best receiver in their class, and while Ridley has had a nice career thus far, I would hope Lamb would put up better numbers.

I dont see Ridley as a #1 receiver in the league. I hope Lamb can and will be that guy once we move on from Cooper

Ridley's WR Class was considered very weak, where this year had tremendous depth. I wonder if Ridley would be rated in the same group as this year's top 3. Ridley was more of a high-end #2 WR, where Lamb is considered a future #1.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ridley's WR Class was considered very weak, where this year had tremendous depth. I wonder if Ridley would be rated in the same group as this year's top 3. Ridley was more of a high-end #2 WR, where Lamb is considered a future #1.
Ridley’s class was considered weak, but it has produced some pretty good WRs.

DJ Chark made the pro bowl and had over 1k yds
Courtland Sutton made the pro bowl and had over 1100 yds
Dj Moore had almost 90 receptions and 1200 yds
Gallup also had over 1100 yds

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Good point. Do you think he would be rated as high as Juedy/Lamb?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Ridley is good. Nothing special. I think hes same tier as Gallup. We'll see about Lamb. I cant tell what he'll be tbh. I just hope day 1 he can be a real punt returner

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ridley is good. Nothing special. I think hes same tier as Gallup. We'll see about Lamb. I cant tell what he'll be tbh. I just hope day 1 he can be a real punt returner
Man with all this hype, I need Lamb to be our #1. This receiving core needs that alpha

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Someone's in for a surprise this year..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Agreed.

It may have been considered weak by internet scouts but the receivers drafted in the early rounds have proven to be quality players.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Man with all this hype, I need Lamb to be our #1. This receiving core needs that alpha

lamb is an alpha, and you are right that is what this team needs. Cooper is a good player, but his problem is he lacks the alpha trait, so Lamb will bring that and also gives you someone who can go up and get it guy. This wr has the potential to be very very good.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ridley:
6’1
189 lbs
31 5/8 arms
9 1/8 hand size

4.43 40 yd dash
15 bench press reps
31” vertical
110” broad jump
6.88 3 cone
4.41 20 yd shuttle

Lamb:
6’2
198 lbs
32 1/4 arm length
9 1/4 hand size

4.5 40 yd dash
11 bench press reps
34.5” vertical
124” broad jump
NA 3-cone
NA 20 yd shuttle

Lamb by a mile. I liked Ridley as a prospect but his ceiling is a high end 2 and a quality possession WR.

Lamb has legit, alpha #1 traits and has potential to grow into a top 5/7 ish WR.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lamb is an alpha, and you are right that is what this team needs. Cooper is a good player, but his problem is he lacks the alpha trait, so Lamb will bring that and also gives you someone who can go up and get it guy. This wr has the potential to be very very good.
Cooper is a 1A in spread type offense to me. For a team that can spread defenses out, and has a WR near his caliber he can be very effective.

He is not like Dez or Owens where you could put Williams or Crayton opposite them and still be effective

btcutter

Reaction score
Ridley:
6’1
189 lbs
31 5/8 arms
9 1/8 hand size

4.43 40 yd dash
15 bench press reps
31” vertical
110” broad jump
6.88 3 cone
4.41 20 yd shuttle

Lamb:
6’2
198 lbs
32 1/4 arm length
9 1/4 hand size

4.5 40 yd dash
11 bench press reps
34.5” vertical
124” broad jump
NA 3-cone
NA 20 yd shuttle

I’m more interested in Lamb vs Jeudy.

Been combing through evaluations. Seem like Jeudy maybe slightly better due to his ability to run routes which translates to better separation.

Lamb is great but he did play in Big 12 with no D. He’s got some Dez in him.

btcutter

Reaction score
Lamb all day.

Lamb’s YAC ability is elite.

Also worth noting Lamb’s 1.46 10-yard split compared to Ridley’s 1.55.

I do like Ridley though.

Lamb should be better than Ridley.

But I would take that YAC with grain of salt as Big 12 isn’t exactly know for D.