Lamb vs Ridley

PUSHfold

Reaction score
lamb is an alpha, and you are right that is what this team needs. Cooper is a good player, but his problem is he lacks the alpha trait, so Lamb will bring that and also gives you someone who can go up and get it guy. This wr has the potential to be very very good.
What? Cooper lacks the alpha trait? How TF do you know that? How do you know how he acts in the locker room? Just cause he's not a whiny cry baby loud mouthed diva doesn't mean he's not an alpha. Dude plays in the fricking NFL with grown all men stiff arming dudes onto their *** how can you even say crap like this?

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Commanders: Dunbar & Norman

Dunbar graded out as a very good CB last year, and Norman is a guy who gets in your head although he wasn’t great he is still an agitator.

Amari Cooper 4 catches 44 yards 1 td

Saints: Marshon Lattimore

One of the best young man coverage defenders in the league.

Amari Cooper 5 catches 48 yards.

Jets: Nobody knows who their CB’s are.

Amari Cooper 1 catch 3 yards

Lions: Darius Slay

Has been one of the best CB’s the last few years in the NFL.

Amari Cooper 3 catches 38 yards.

Patriots: Stephon Gilmore

The best CB in the league.

Amari Cooper 0 catches.

Rams: Jalen Ramsey

Another top CB who is an agitator.

1 catch 19 yards

Eagles: Another team you didn’t know who their CB’s were by the end of the year.

4 catches 24 yards

We just gave a guy $100 million dollar contract who had less than 50 yards in 7 games. You call that an alpha?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ridley:
6’1
189 lbs
31 5/8 arms
9 1/8 hand size

4.43 40 yd dash
15 bench press reps
31” vertical
110” broad jump
6.88 3 cone
4.41 20 yd shuttle

Lamb:
6’2
198 lbs
32 1/4 arm length
9 1/4 hand size

4.5 40 yd dash
11 bench press reps
34.5” vertical
124” broad jump
NA 3-cone
NA 20 yd shuttle

I know this is a Cowboys fan board, but no bias, who do you guys think will be a better pro?

Both were arguably the best receiver in their class, and while Ridley has had a nice career thus far, I would hope Lamb would put up better numbers.

I dont see Ridley as a #1 receiver in the league. I hope Lamb can and will be that guy once we move on from Cooper

Ridley Was so overrated coming out.

I don’t think these 2 compare at all.

Ridley was a high floor low ceiling player. Heck I think we got a better WR with Gallup who still has room to grow.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ridley’s class was considered weak, but it has produced some pretty good WRs.

DJ Chark made the pro bowl and had over 1k yds
Courtland Sutton made the pro bowl and had over 1100 yds
Dj Moore had almost 90 receptions and 1200 yds
Gallup also had over 1100 yds

I was a Chark and Sutton fan that year.. A lot of people didn’t like them.

I was not a fan of Ridley or DJ Moore because I didn’t see them as good 1st round value.

DJ Moore is better then what I thought he would be but I still think I’d rather have one of the 2nd or 3rd round receivers over him and take another position in round 1.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ridley’s class was considered weak, but it has produced some pretty good WRs.

DJ Chark made the pro bowl and had over 1k yds
Courtland Sutton made the pro bowl and had over 1100 yds
Dj Moore had almost 90 receptions and 1200 yds
Gallup also had over 1100 yds

I don't think it was considered a weak class. I think it was considered to be not strong at the top, but very strong depthwise.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Dunbar graded out as a very good CB last year, and Norman is a guy who gets in your head although he wasn’t great he is still an agitator.

Amari Cooper 0 catches.

1 catch 19 yards

Eagles: Another team you didn’t know who their CB’s were by the end of the year.

4 catches 24 yards

We just gave a guy $100 million dollar contract who had less than 50 yards in 7 games. You call that an alpha?

I like Cooper but this is a very telling post. Yikes.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

Amari Cooper 0 catches.

1 catch 19 yards

4 catches 24 yards

Cooper was overpaid. He is no Dez, Owens, or MI. He disappears in road games and takes himself out of games. He is way too mild mannered IMHO. Cooper can make you big plays but is not "THE GUY" to depend on when you absolutely have to have it. He kinda reminds me of Tony Hill back in the day. I hope Lamb becomes "that guy" so Cooper an be a great complimentary WR who can gash you on big plays at times.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Amari Cooper 0 catches.

1 catch 19 yards

4 catches 24 yards

Thats why they have an out in 2 years. With Cooper you were kind of between a rock and a hard place. Do you let him walk, and possibly have an under talented WR corps? Thats dangerous. Do you give him big long term money for erratic results. Thats equally as dangerous. Thats why I was a big proponent of getting a WR in the first couple rounds. Reagor and Pittman being guys I wanted in round.

I think with the additon of Lamb, it worked out perfectly

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was a Chark and Sutton fan that year.. A lot of people didn’t like them.

I was not a fan of Ridley or DJ Moore because I didn’t see them as good 1st round value.

DJ Moore is better then what I thought he would be but I still think I’d rather have one of the 2nd or 3rd round receivers over him and take another position in round 1.
Suttons lack of seperation was way over scrutinized. He should have been the 1st WR off the board

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Cooper was overpaid. He is no Dez, Owens, or MI. He disappears in road games and takes himself out of games. He is way too mild mannered IMHO. Cooper can make you big plays but is not "THE GUY" to depend on when you absolutely have to have it. He kinda reminds me of Tony Hill back in the day. I hope Lamb becomes "that guy" so Cooper an be a great complimentary WR who can gash you on big plays at times.

That's why I was against giving him that big money and wanted to dump that money into the defense because I felt like you could go into the draft and bolster your WR. All-in-all the post below sums it up perfectly, and I think the execution of the off-season has almost perfect. The only thing I would have changed is I would have released Crawford, and signed someone like Griffen or Clowney on a short term deal.

Thats why they have an out in 2 years. With Cooper you were kind of between a rock and a hard place. Do you let him walk, and possibly have an under talented WR corps? Thats dangerous. Do you give him big long term money for erratic results. Thats equally as dangerous. Thats why I was a big proponent of getting a WR in the first couple rounds. Reagor and Pittman being guys I wanted in round.

I think with the additon of Lamb, it worked out perfectly

I think you nailed it, because if you look like at the Cooper deal in an overview it's not ideal but when you break it down it becomes a team friendlier deal that is not going to hamstring the deal if he becomes Miles Austin 2.0.

Getting Lamb, and him not having to be the #1 guy out of the gate will allow him to grow his game and confidence and those 3 will be amazing over the next 2 years. I think we knocked the draft process out of the park, and think that FA has been very good to us from the value of players we got especially when you factor in price, and length. I think Jarwin is going to take a huge step forward with Witten and Garrett gone, and McCarthy will get the guy going. Offense should be booming, and addition by subtraction on the defense with Richard and Marinelli gone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ridley:
6’1
189 lbs
31 5/8 arms
9 1/8 hand size

4.43 40 yd dash
15 bench press reps
31” vertical
110” broad jump
6.88 3 cone
4.41 20 yd shuttle

Lamb:
6’2
198 lbs
32 1/4 arm length
9 1/4 hand size

4.5 40 yd dash
11 bench press reps
34.5” vertical
124” broad jump
NA 3-cone
NA 20 yd shuttle

I know this is a Cowboys fan board, but no bias, who do you guys think will be a better pro?

Both were arguably the best receiver in their class, and while Ridley has had a nice career thus far, I would hope Lamb would put up better numbers.

I dont see Ridley as a #1 receiver in the league. I hope Lamb can and will be that guy once we move on from Cooper
CD is not only bigger but he is the better athlete. If he stays healthy and with Dak as the QB he will have an outstanding career.

Croomraider

Reaction score
I wanted Ridley in that draft! I think he's been pretty good in ATL but the overall team has just not produced.
However, I would take CeeDee over Ridley.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think it’s CeeDee over Ridley, I like Ridley a lot too. I think he’d be killer here in the slot. That said, he will already be turning 26 this season. Lamb will be just turning 24 by the time he hits his third season.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Amari Cooper 0 catches.

1 catch 19 yards

4 catches 24 yards

:hammer:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Different type of WR's really. Ridley is a good route runner, and has some elusive and speed but he is only ever going to be a secondary option. He was also 24 when he came out

Lamb is more of a WCO guy. Right now he is an outside WR. As his routes develop, he will be capable of playing any WR position. Maybe even as soon as this year. Lamb is definitely an alpha WR. He will probably play at around 210 lbs in his prime

There really isnt a comparison with these two players

It's got to be hard to be considered a #1 on your team when the guy playing across from you is Julio Jones, nobody is going to unseat Julio at the moment, Lamb has a better chance of moving past Cooper (not this season but next year moving forward) who has all the talent in the world but in my opinion is a little soft in the toughness department