Lamb will practice today, might play

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he does not pass the protocol I don't want him to play, if he does Lamb has played outstanding . He has had drops but 50 catches on 77 targets ranks around the top in the league. add 6 TD reception and it is big getting him back in the lineup especially with Cooper out.
What wrong with Cooper. He was working through a injury but don’t remember him not finishing his last game..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
As much as I want to see Lamb play tomorrow, let me borrow a line from the Cowboys and look at the big picture.

They have four NFC East games coming up over the last six weeks. Those are the games I am focusing on winning the most. The doctors have to clear Lamb anyway, but I would rather lose him for one game instead of three, four, or more.

rambo2

Reaction score
I wonder if the league will try to do something to keep Lamb from playing. It will be interesting to see after they let Daniel Jones play after the concussion that he had.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This game, like the Chiefs game, needs to be a Zeke/Pollard game. Lamb playing will be great for us regardless.

I know Kellen Moore wants Dak to get his numbers, but he needs to be smart. We need to be a run first team.

I don't know if we need to go all the way to being a run first team but we sure as hell need to not be a "only run 6-7 times a half" team. The KC game plan was absolute garbage. And the fact that they never adapted to the circumstances (inability to pass block) still bothers the hell outta me. We played an entire game in panic mode .. we never stepped up and punched back after they punched us in the mouth.. Well the defense eventually did but the offense was a no show in the cojones department.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah and I liked going after him too.....would've been a mistake.

I was never on board with Watkins.. great player but absolutely made of glass. Always broken.. Injuries that Amari plays through shelve Watkins for three games..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't want him to "retire". I'm just wondering how the NFL can claim to be serious about players health but allow someone to play 4 days after getting concussed....

And don't be naive. Don' think that the NFL's neuro doctors are there to protect the players from themselves. Ask Junior Seau how those doctors did him? Oh..you can't. I'm not suggesting he doesn't play because I know people want their football and want Lamb out there. I'm not speaking on whether he should play or not. I'm speaking on the NFL's approach to concussions in general.

Not all concussions are created equal is the bottom line. I don't claim to know how serious Lamb's was but it really didn't look like that big a deal when I saw it live. There's a reason why there's all that padding inside the helmet. It also helped that it was a skidding blow more than a direct fall on the head. All of which factors in as to the severity of the injury. I strongly suspect Lamb could have come back into the game after halftime and been fine. Not that I have a problem with them being overly cautious with "brain trauma" but if guys had to leave the game every time they got knocked in the head you'd need a 200 man roster on both sides because it literally is happening to two or three guys on every play..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I wonder if the league will try to do something to keep Lamb from playing. It will be interesting to see after they let Daniel Jones play after the concussion that he had.

Yeah the Jones one was a LOT worse.. Didn't he get up and start walking and then started to fall like he had been punched by George Foreman hit Joe Frazier? I doubt he even remembers the flight home from that game..

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This game, like the Chiefs game, needs to be a Zeke/Pollard game. Lamb playing will be great for us regardless.

I know Kellen Moore wants Dak to get his numbers, but he needs to be smart. We need to be a run first team.
We need to be a team that plays smart. In general, run when the defense is playing pass and pass when the defense is playing run. Let Dak make that decision at the LOS.

Mannix

Reaction score
------Very close...would be a massive lift in our chances for success

Exactly why NY's Goon Squad won't let it happen!!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Lamb being cleared by doctors at the Star:

giphy.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
Didn’t think about the goodell factor..

Mannix

Reaction score
105.3 The Fan said Cooper and Lamb out about 20 minutes ago....of course it was a national ticker news....not sure if legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.