Lambs 5th year option picked up

Adreme

Reaction score
And he deserves it..he's gonna be a top 3 wr for the next 5 years
Um are some combination of Chase, AJ Brown, CK, Jefferson, Adams, and Hill retiring soon (and those were just the obvious ones)? Lamb is great but lets not overrate our own players.

Kwyn

Reaction score
How so, are you saying that actually trading Diggs is inconceivable, can not be done?
Having “leverage” has nothing to do with something being “inconceivable” or impossible.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So we have huge contract decisions after this season Cee Dee, Diggs and Dak.

StarLord

Reaction score
Our 80 year old owner/gm sees us as a player or so away from the Super Bowl, I don't see him trading a pro bowl starter for draft capital when "this could be the year."

John813

Reaction score
Now's the time to get the extension done when you got 2 years already on the books.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think Diggs is going to get a 16-18M a year contract. Or be traded. What they don't want to do is let him play out his last year.

Lamb will get his extension before the season starts. I predict around 23-25M a year.

This is just my opinion. I let Lamb play his 5 years and release him. Sign Diggs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good, dont even care about the numbers, CD has already proven to be an WR1 in this league and for this team.
More interested in the term from my perspective.
ironic that not what was being said even 4 games into last season LOL most said without Coop lamb is 32 at best and needs protection from a 1 to succeed says he drops too many passes which BTW compared to many other greats he does not , some other young wrs drop as many or more ie chase and Jefferson or an olde TO drops too many all the way to the HOF and what still top 3 All-time. Narratives always make me laugh when mist are unfounded and busted all the time... wow has the tide has turned for another great 88.

Flamma

Reaction score
If he plays on that 5th yr option his agent should be fired
Anyone that has their 5th year option picked up plays on their 5th year option. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you? Even if Lamb gets an extension, he still plays on his 5th year option. It doesn't get negated.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anyone that has their 5th year option picked up plays on their 5th year option. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you? Even if Lamb gets an extension, he still plays on his 5th year option. It doesn't get negated.
right the new money wouldnt kick in until the 6th year , typically, thats the way i understand it..i could be wrong..

Flamma

Reaction score
right the new money wouldnt kick in until the 6th year , typically, thats the way i understand it..i could be wrong..
You're not wrong. Any extension doesn't start until the 6th year. So he plays out his 4th year and 5th year option. But they can restructure those two years. So if he got a 4 year deal starting his 6th year, they can spread that out over 6 years. That's why you don't wait to extend a player you know you want to keep. And why 5th year options are favorable.