Lambs 5th year option picked up

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
This right here is why you make a move now / draft time.

200.gif

These business decisions and the route jumping gambles he takes (burn marks), totally hurts his game and should keep that Brinks truck from backing up to his front door.

If either Forbes and Banks falls to 26, that's his replacement.
Use the overnite to work out a trade for the 2nd day.

I am wanting a 2nd this year and a 1st next year at least.

Jerry....this is the way....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m sure this is devastating news for the fans that don’t want to pay our best players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lose Diggs your back to back probowler, Gilmore is a 1 year rental. Lewis about to be a free agent. That would gut our CB room. Doesn’t make sense to me
It’s amazing to me how many fans want to move on from Diggs. I’m arguing with one fan that wants to trade him for a first round pick then turn around and use that pick on another corner. :huh: You mentioned Gilmore, he’s not likely to be here very long. If it was up to some fans we would have nothing at corner in the next couple years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
ironic that not what was being said even 4 games into last season LOL most said without Coop lamb is 32 at best and needs protection from a 1 to succeed says he drops too many passes which BTW compared to many other greats he does not , some other young wrs drop as many or more ie chase and Jefferson or an olde TO drops too many all the way to the HOF and what still top 3 All-time. Narratives always make me laugh when mist are unfounded and busted all the time... wow has the tide has turned for another great 88.
We are just trying to keep up with the Jones, while everyone else should be.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s amazing to me how many fans want to move on from Diggs. I’m arguing with one fan that wants to trade him for a first round pick then turn around and use that pick on another corner. :huh: You mentioned Gilmore, he’s not likely to be here very long. If it was up to some fans we would have nothing at corner in the next couple years.
Why would you want to get rid of Diggs.....
For the right price its a serious piece of barter worth consideration if the proper deal is offered.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why would you want to get rid of Diggs.....
For the right price its a serious piece of barter worth consideration if the proper deal is offered.
What do you consider the right price? I’m arguing with a fan that would take a first round pick for him, but he wants to turn around and use that pick on another corner. There’s no assurances the corner you replace him with is going to be as good. If you trade Diggs your best corner will be a 33 year-old corner who may not be here very long. It’s better to hang onto the player you have and use your first round pick on another player. It makes no sense to move on from a talented corner who’s had 15 INT’s the past two seasons and hasn’t even reached his full potential. There’s fans that would move on from Parsons for the right deal. If you want to build a championship team, you have to hang onto your best players and continue to build around them. If you trade one of your best players you end up having to use the pick you received in return to replace them. It’s stupid!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What do you consider the right price? I’m arguing with a fan that would take a first round pick for him, but he wants to turn around and use that pick on another corner. There’s no assurances the corner you replace him with is going to be as good. It makes no sense to move on from a talented corner who’s had 15 INT’s the past two seasons and hasn’t even reached his full potential. There’s fans that would move on from Parsons for the right deal. If you want to build a championship team, you have to hang onto your best players and continue to build around them. If you trade one of your best players you end up having to use the pick you received in return to replace them. It’s stupid!
Has to obviously be a bit better than that offer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Has to obviously be a bit better than that offer.
You’re not going to get better than the first round pick for him. Even if you get a couple of good picks for him you’re leaving yourself a hole at the position. Pairing Diggs with Gilmore has given us one of the best corner tandems we’ve had in years and fans already want to break it up. No way am I trading away a talented player that hasn’t even reached his full potential yet for a couple of rolls of the dice in the draft.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
What do you consider the right price? I’m arguing with a fan that would take a first round pick for him, but he wants to turn around and use that pick on another corner. There’s no assurances the corner you replace him with is going to be as good. If you trade Diggs your best corner will be a 33 year-old corner who may not be here very long. It’s better to hang onto the player you have and use your first round pick on another player. It makes no sense to move on from a talented corner who’s had 15 INT’s the past two seasons and hasn’t even reached his full potential. There’s fans that would move on from Parsons for the right deal. If you want to build a championship team, you have to hang onto your best players and continue to build around them. If you trade one of your best players you end up having to use the pick you received in return to replace them. It’s stupid!

You can not pay everybody top dollar. Diggs has holes in his game and this draft has quality at CB.
Lets see:
Dak.......more money
Lamb....more money
Steele...more money - pending / tag
and our best player is still coming up ....The Parsonator.... because you know "he'll be back".

Use our 1st this year on Digg's replacement if possible. Maybe Banks or Forbes falls to our pick.
Diggs value/cost: a 2nd round pick this year + 1st next year which equals the same as 2 - 2nd's this year.
We gain an additional 2nd this year and some 1st round ammo for next year.

Why would another team do this trade?
Maybe they don't have several big contracts on the horizon and they are getting a probowl CB.

It would be nice to have 2-1st next year just in case Dak falters for whatever reason....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can not pay everybody top dollar. Diggs has holes in his game and this draft has quality at CB.
Lets see:
Dak.......more money
Lamb....more money
Steele...more money - pending / tag
and our best player is still coming up ....The Parsonator.... because you know "he'll be back".

Use our 1st this year on Digg's replacement if possible. Maybe Banks or Forbes falls to our pick.
Diggs value/cost: a 2nd round pick this year + 1st next year which equals the same as 2 - 2nd's this year.
We gain an additional 2nd this year and some 1st round ammo for next year.

Why would another team do this trade?
Maybe they don't have several big contracts on the horizon and they are getting a probowl CB.

It would be nice to have 2-1st next year just in case Dak falters for whatever reason....
Just about every player has some holes in their game. Some of you are just looking for holes to avoid having to play players. You certainly can’t pay everyone top dollar but you have to find a way to keep your cornerstone players and Diggs is one of our cornerstones. None of you are going to be looking to get rid of him if he has a great 2023 season. If he had put up another double digit INT season we wouldn’t be having these discussions about him.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Just about every player has some holes in their game. Some of you are just looking for holes to avoid having to play players. You certainly can’t pay everyone top dollar but you have to find a way to keep your cornerstone players and Diggs is one of our cornerstones. None of you are going to be looking to get rid of him if he has a great 2023 season. If he had put up another double digit INT season we wouldn’t be having these discussions about him.
I understand he is a good corner, not great. Another double digit ints just cost more.
A top heavy team will affect the quality of the rest of the roster.
Too many chiefs and not enough braves.

Tough choices are a necessity and this draft has quality @ CB.

Jerry needs to learn when to left go while there is value to still be had, Diggs is an asset.

A good corner in the 1st to groom and an additional second round pick to play w/ this year. Good quality players to be had in the second round this year.
Plus a future 1st pick for next year.

Twiddle Dee and Twiddle dumb needs to let the roster work for them sometimes. Use that asset.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I understand he is a good corner, not great. Another double digit ints just cost more.
A top heavy team will affect the quality of the rest of the roster.
Too many chiefs and not enough braves.

Tough choices are a necessity and this draft has quality @ CB.

Jerry needs to learn when to left go while there is value to still be had, Diggs is an asset.

A good corner in the 1st to groom and an additional second round pick to play w/ this year. Good quality players to be had in the second round this year.
Plus a future 1st pick for next year.

Twiddle Dee and Twiddle dumb needs to let the roster work for them sometimes. Use that asset.
Naturally if he has another big INT season like he did in 2021 he’s going cost more. I’m certainly not going to pull for him to have a down year so we can get him cheaper. There’s no guarantees you’re going to end up with a good corner to groom with a first round pick. An additional second round pick doesn’t guarantee anything, go look at our track record in the second round the past decade or so. The Rams had to let go of a few players and went from winning the Super Bowl to the basement in the NFC West. If you let quality players go you’re going to regress. You have to find a way to keep your best players and granted it won’t be easy with the big contracts the Cowboys have coming up in the next couple of years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Why? If you don’t pay your guys what’s the point? Pray and hope your draft picks hit?
You always have to draft well and will forever have to always pay, just make sure who you are paying franchise money to is worthy of it.
Thats the end all cap killer, and why many disapprove of the bad money spent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You always have to draft well and will forever have to always pay, just make sure who you are paying franchise money to is worthy of it.
Thats the end all cap killer, and why many disapprove of the bad money spent.
But does anyone really kill your cap? It just seems like when guys suck they just get released and teams take the cap hit no issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Happens every year throughout the league, less to the teams that have a solid FO.
How do you feel about the Cowboys in that regard? Has anyone killed our cap to where we couldn’t sign anyone or make moves? I always felt their lack of moves was their own doing.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How do you feel about the Cowboys in that regard? Has anyone killed our cap to where we couldn’t sign anyone or make moves? I always felt their lack of moves was their own doing.
Extremely conservative, they don't want to get burned in FA, they invest heavily in McClay evaluation and hope for the best.