Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

NotForLong

Reaction score
By the way, we saw up close what not having at least one really good WR looks like when the Jones’ went cheap a few years ago. They then had to force a trade for Cooper.

You have an elite WR in Lamb. Letting him walk is kinda foolish.
We have seen what has happened without having an Elite WR. . . struggled. We also seen what happened without Dak . . . wins

Bing

Reaction score
I actually hope Jerry holds out and does not give CeeDee an extension. Make him play on what his contract is for this year (17-18 million). Then JJ can franchise him next year and either get two number 1's for CeeDee or then sign him to a new deal if he works into JJ's future plans.
JJ is up to something with everyone on a one year deal so something is happening at the end of this season, good or bad. If he is going to blow up the team then he doesn't need to be paying CeeDee that huge contract. I mean come on a number of the Dak homers on this page has already said that if Dak leaves this team wont have a winning record for the next 5-10 years. Well if that's your thinking then there is no need to be paying CeeDee top one or two level pay grade money just to lose games. JJ has wasted enough talent on this team over the years. If a total rebuild is in the works I'd rather see CeeDee on another team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I actually hope Jerry holds out and does not give CeeDee an extension. Make him play on what his contract is for this year (17-18 million). Then JJ can franchise him next year and either get two number 1's for CeeDee or then sign him to a new deal if he works into JJ's future plans.
JJ is up to something with everyone on a one year deal so something is happening at the end of this season, good or bad. If he is going to blow up the team then he doesn't need to be paying CeeDee that huge contract. I mean come on a number of the Dak homers on this page has already said that if Dak leaves this team wont have a winning record for the next 5-10 years. Well if that's your thinking then there is no need to be paying CeeDee top one or two level pay grade money just to lose games. JJ has wasted enough talent on this team over the years. If a total rebuild is in the works I'd rather see CeeDee on another team.
What is happening is GM Jerhro is losing his mental capacity. For better or for worse it is time for Stephen to take over.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
WTh are you talking about? Do you know exactly what Lamb is asking for? Here, Ill give you a scenario.

Lamb wants 34 million per season. He also wants a no trade clause and a no franchise tag clause added to his contract.
Is that enough of a reason to have NOT signed him already?
Until you know what has been offered and demanded by Lamb, your comments are foolish... EVERYONES comments are foolish without having that info.
Do you know that is what is being demanded?

Clearly you don’t. I seriously doubt a no trade clause is included. They are exceedingly rare outside of the QB position. A no tag clause? Yeah, maybe, but it would be completely asinine to lose a stud like Lamb because the front office wants to pretend they’re deal makers.

The willingness to defend this front office after they repeatedly get hosed and taken to the woodshed by these agents time after time again is pretty weird.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Do you know that is what is being demanded?

Clearly you don’t. I seriously doubt a no trade clause is included. They are exceedingly rare outside of the QB position. A no tag clause? Yeah, maybe, but it would be completely asinine to lose a stud like Lamb because the front office wants to pretend they’re deal makers.

The willingness to defend this front office after they repeatedly get hosed and taken to the woodshed by these agents time after time again is pretty weird.
Because I'm not foolish enough to presume I know what's happening.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Isn't it the most valuable in the world?
Do you go out and celebrate this when other fans point out their recent championship and SB wins?

Why would this be something you think is important enough to use it as an excuse for nearly 30 years of football failure?

Do you get any dividend from Jerry?

rambo2

Reaction score
Do you go out and celebrate this when other fans point out their recent championship and SB wins?

Why would this be something you think is important enough to use it as an excuse for nearly 30 years of football failure?

Do you get any dividend from Jerry?
The fans of the 30 teams that have a worse record than the Cowboys over the last 3 years? Poor Cowboy fans, and those poor fans have another good team this year.