Twitter: Lamb's response to Jerry's "No Urgency" comments

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

john-travolta-reface-moonwalk-9m23ez06iekc85ib.gif

What Nick Harris Said Jerry Said: Jerry Jones on the CeeDee Lamb talks: He also says there isn’t a sense of urgency to get a deal done before the end of training camp.

What Jerry Actually Said: Question was phrased, “Is there a sense of urgency as the preseason begins to get something done?” Jerry Jones: “No.”

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I can't believe we still spew this stuff. No offense. The salary cap can be manipulated to fit so many different scenarios. This team is just very bad at doing it. With that same 235 mil Eagles have their QB, 2 WRs and RB and multiple OL all making their market value at the time of signing. Not even, including the defense. By no means am I suing them as the gold standard but just using them as an example. The Rams were in "cap hell" for one season and they still made the playoffs and are back in contention now. The Salary cap is nothing that has to hold you back from signing players with the repercussions lasting for years and years. Stop leaving these contracts to the last minute, sign them as early as possible and stop dragging the players and image of the franchise through the mud.
Well they should trade them, or sign them early. Cowboys are too slow to make up their mind and act.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Does everyone realize that his Dallas Cowboys holdings probably don't even comprise half of that 14 billion figure? Not even part of the discussion..
no they dont lol, some are still not aware of the salary cap!! lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Our owner thinks he can play everything out in the media to try and influence public perception. And he comes off like a babbling buffoon.
it doesnt matter, people are talking about cowboys, and thats what he thinks is the way to win lol.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

What Nick Harris Said Jerry Said: Jerry Jones on the CeeDee Lamb talks: He also says there isn’t a sense of urgency to get a deal done before the end of training camp.

What Jerry Actually Said: Question was phrased, “Is there a sense of urgency as the preseason begins to get something done?” Jerry Jones: “No.”
If he had quit there, he would have been all right, but he continued and made his comment essentially using the phrasing of the question.

“I don’t have a sense of urgency about getting it done. Give any reason you want.”

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean sure in a perfect world but the precedent has largely been set. Guys at this stage of their rookie deals get new contracts.

Lamb’s position on getting a new deal now is not some bizarre stance. Many teams get the extensions done by now to avoid this drama.

But Jerry just breeds drama.
All true.

However, overpaying a WR is the fastest way to 8-8. KC knows it. SF knows it. I like Lamb, I just don't like him for 7% of the salary cap.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny, how all Cowboys players are greedy but other players are celebrated and extolled.

Sydla

Reaction score
All true.

However, overpaying a WR is the fastest way to 8-8. KC knows it. SF knows it. I like Lamb, I just don't like him for 7% of the salary cap.
Philly made a SB paying Brown a lot. TB won a SB paying Mike Evans. Shoot KC made Hill the 2nd highest paid WR in football in 2019 and then won a SB that year.

So teams have played and won SBs doing it both ways - paying and not paying WRs.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Funny, how all Cowboys players are greedy but other players are celebrated and extolled.
I don't blame players, it's the greedy billionaire owners that should have it stuck to them, as they do nothing except iron their money every night. These guys put their health on the line every day they are on the field, and this can be taken from them by one slip on the field. Look how long it took Daniel Snyder to have his team taken from him, yet he came out roses in the end....

Sydla

Reaction score
All true.

By the way, we saw up close what not having at least one really good WR looks like when the Jones’ went cheap a few years ago. They then had to force a trade for Cooper.

You have an elite WR in Lamb. Letting him walk is kinda foolish.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Why does it always have to be all about Jerry???

Hadenough

Reaction score
If I'm Jerry I'm not paying everyone. It's either pay CeeDee and Micah OR pay Dak.
JMO but I'm paying the guys that are top 3 at their positions. Lamb and Micah
In all professional sports it reaches a time to make this type of choice. It's nothing personal well yeah for me it is. I hate Dak and want him gone. Dak is more a product of the team than the team being a product of Dak. As we saw, this team won games with Rush beating two teams that were in the SB the year before in the Rams and Bengals. I'm handing CeeDee and Micah blank checks.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If I'm Jerry I'm not paying everyone. It's either pay CeeDee and Micah OR pay Dak.
JMO but I'm paying the guys that are top 3 at their positions. Lamb and Micah
In all professional sports it reaches a time to make this type of choice. It's nothing personal well yeah for me it is. I hate Dak and want him gone. Dak is more a product of the team than the team being a product of Dak. As we saw, this team won games with Rush beating two teams that were in the SB the year before in the Rams and Bengals. I'm handing CeeDee and Micah blank checks.
CD without Dak is not too 3. Sorry.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I simply do not understand why this front office will not just sign Lamb already. There is quite literally ZERO reason not to.

He has basically been a model citizen since being in Dallas and has been an All-Pro on the field. He's young and hasn't even entered his prime playing years yet, just get it done Jones Boys.

The fact that this is the type of contract they drag their feet on while jumping out of their seats to extend the likes of Jaylon Smith and Zeke Elliot early is absolutely maddening.
WTh are you talking about? Do you know exactly what Lamb is asking for? Here, Ill give you a scenario.

Lamb wants 34 million per season. He also wants a no trade clause and a no franchise tag clause added to his contract.
Is that enough of a reason to have NOT signed him already?
Until you know what has been offered and demanded by Lamb, your comments are foolish... EVERYONES comments are foolish without having that info.