News: Lamb's Torrid Career Start Has NFL's Head Spinning

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not even Darrell Green would’ve caught Bo Jackson on this play. The defenders had a similar angle to what Darrell Green had on Dorsett but Jackson just flew by them. Some NFL fastest man rankings have Bo Jackson ahead of Darrell Green. The second video shows Bo Jackson getting chased down. He clearly ran out of gas on that play.

FYI.. here is the kickoff return where you misremembered Green "chasing down" Ron Brown..

Take notice of that Brown actually had to run BY Green to get into the clear.. So not only did Green not chase him down.. he actually lost ground from the time Brown broke past the first wave of tacklers.. When Brown crosses the 50 Green is almost at his own 45. Brown destroys Green's angle on the play and scores..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you want him to cry about Lamb being #1 WR the way you cry about Zeke being the #1 back? Good stuff. Give us more..

LOL.........actually you stumbled onto something even if its just dumb luck.

Lamb gets paid what? And what does the 22 million dollar Cooper get? Which one is the better value?

What does Zeke get paid 15 million? And for only 500k we can get better numbers from Pollard.

I think you are starting to learn. Even an old DOG like you can learn new tricks. AINT DAT DA TROOF? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a fact of human physiology that if you run full speed you WILL run out of gas at some point. I don't care much about NFL fastest man rankings. There has never been an NFL player faster than Bob Hayes.. And the defenders on the play you reference weren't Darryl Green.

It didn’t take a Darrell Green on the Bo Jackson play he ran out of gas. He went one way on the play then turned and went back the other. He then had to hurtle a player. Even the announcers could see he was gassed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
FYI.. here is the kickoff return where you misremembered Green "chasing down" Ron Brown..

Take notice of that Brown actually had to run BY Green to get into the clear.. So not only did Green not chase him down.. he actually lost ground from the time Brown broke past the first wave of tacklers.. When Brown crosses the 50 Green is almost at his own 45. Brown destroys Green's angle on the play and scores..

I haven’t seen that play in many years I thought Green caught him. He almost did and got his hands on him. I don’t see where Brown destroyed Greens angle on that play. Bo Jackson is the one who destroyed the angle the defenders had on him against Seattle. Green was able to close the gap some and tripped Brown up as he crossed the goal line. Had Brown had to travel another 5-7 yards he wouldn’t have made it.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I haven’t seen that play in many years I thought Green caught him. He almost did and got his hands on him. I don’t see were Brown destroyed Greens angle on that play. Bo Jackson is the one who destroyed the angle the defenders had on him against Seattle. Green was able to close the gap some and tripped Brown up as he crossed the goal line.

Let me help you then..

At this point Green is almost 5 yards ahead of Brown and running at an angle. By the time Green gets a hand on him at the 5 yard line Brown had run another 45 yards and Green has run another 40. That's the epitome of destroying the angle. Essentially Brown ran 45 yards in the same amount of time it took Green to run 40.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let me help you then..

At this point Green is almost 5 yards ahead of Brown and running at an angle. By the time Green gets a hand on him at the 5 yard line Brown had run another 45 yards and Green has run another 40. That's the epitome of destroying the angle. Essentially Brown ran 45 yards in the same amount of time it took Green to run 40.

Green was taking on blockers and probably had to travel at least another 5 yards just to get to that point and he was still 5 yards away from Brown. He made up a lot of ground to catch up to him and actually tripped Brown up as he was crossing the goal line. You actually want to spend another day arguing about Darrell Green? I’m not wasting much more time on this.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I'm still ecstatic to have CeeDee Lamb on our team. He was who I wanted in the 2020 draft and I didn't think we had a chance in hell at getting him.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Except that Cooper had more catches and yards last season. Which are apparently your criteria for #1, based on your other post.
And of course, Lamb only has 3 more catches this year than Cooper, despite Cooper being gimpy for several games along the way.
Why it's important that one of them be "#1" and the other not is beyond me.

Mostly due to the evolution of the game. People aren't fully seeing that 2's and 3's can be just as big. Much like TE's on certain teams can be 1's in a certain perspective.

I had a chat today with a younger man who says the game of basketball is all about thr 3pt shot now. I didn't disagree with him. I just offered some perspective. Once 7 foot tall guys started being able to drop 3's, it made the entire game change. Small guys could get to the lane easier. Upping assist numbers, and so forth. Games evolve. The NFL has evolved. In so many aspects. Look at Micah. A guy that size should not be that fast, and nimble.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is nothing to disagree about. Its a fact. You can either watch the Cowboys play or look at stats. Either way, the results are the same. Lamb is the #1. It was obvious from his talent. Some are having trouble accepting reality. Not sure why.
Watching the Cowboys play this year, and looking at the stats this year, yes its reasonable to view Lamb as the #1 this year. That was never a point of dispute.

The disagreement was on last year, and neither stats or usage support the notion that Lamb was the #1 last year, not to mention the fact the Cowboys didn't give Cooper a $100 million contract with the idea that he would be the #2, or that he would cede the #1 role to the rookie immediately upon Lamb being drafted.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you want him to cry about Lamb being #1 WR the way you cry about Zeke being the #1 back? Good stuff. Give us more..
It was a stupid comment anyway because I didn't indicate that I have any problem at all with Lamb being the #1. That was just him trying to make points with a silly, and entirely illogical insult rather than with facts.

Hell, I didn't even disagree with him on the idea that Lamb is the current #1. I think, and have said, that is a reasonable belief at this point.

I merely said that wasn't the case from the moment Lamb was drafted, as he said was the case, and realistically there isn't any evidence at all that suggests Lamb was the #1 the moment he was drafted. Roy can't argue that point based on facts, so the silly, illogical insult provided him with something to say.