Lame duck McCarthy

Stak78

Reaction score
The worst part of retaining McCarthy is this. He will be a lame duck head coach going into the last year of his contract. The media and fans will be waiting for the Cowboys to stumble. Which they most certainly will against better coached teams. Mike probably doesn’t even make it through the whole season without being fired. Then we get to start the coaching search next year. Mike McCarthy is a dead man walking.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This whole situation with MM is so dumb. I mean, if Jerry can't let him go now, what would it take...not making the playoffs at all?

Waiting a year to see "if things work out better" isn't a strategy. Just move on because getting outcoached in the playoffs, again, isn't something I need to wait a year for.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The worst part of retaining McCarthy is this. He will be a lame duck head coach going into the last year of his contract. The media and fans will be waiting for the Cowboys to stumble. Which they most certainly will against better coached teams. Mike probably doesn’t even make it through the whole season without being fired. Then we get to start the coaching search next year. Mike McCarthy is a dead man walking.
Tells you how confident or lack thereof is Jerry with MM.. He knows he should have fired his arse, but did not have the cajones or the will to look for another one right now.. too freaking lazy. If MM was weak and the players didn't pay much attention to him this year, it is only worst being a lame duck. I don't care media or fans, the players view of MM is what's important but Jerry probably didn't think of that part. Impending train derailment coming in 12 months.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry is doing the same thing to Mike that he did to Garrett. He doesn't want to be the bad guy and "fire" the HC. He just will let their contracts expire. He doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by firing them. LOL

bewp7

Reaction score
good

hope they strugle and every one hear all the noise and it is a big dis tracton and mccarthy get fired mid season and they go 0-17

cowboys need some thing like that to put some sense into jerry and stephen

blueblood70

Reaction score
There's some of you just don't get it who cares if he is you have one year left the last time that happened to Jason Garrett they went to the playoffs I believe in 2018 to the second round I don't remember when it was but he ended up getting a new deal it doesn't matter that they're lame duck this is the thing that fans of media put on a guy he's still the coach that's coached just a twelve wins three straight years two division wins in three years end to the playoffs three straight years you think that somehow he's gonna forget how to coach this year because he's lame duck and worried about his job sometimes you might coach better under pressure the players are not gonna quit on a guy that's put up this many wins just because he doesn't have a new deal a lot of players play under the franchise tag and I heard that players on contract years with one year left they typically play their best why is it different with a coach?

. You all just finding things to cry about and whine about I get it would have been nice to have a full coaching purge but we still have a caoch that's managed to win more games and be more successful than any other coach since the mid 90s we just need to get over the hump but he keeps being targeted I mean it's been said last year we might win 9 games they had no confidence in him when he got hired and after 2020 again teams are picking this team to go 500 until they get it right this is like playing all the numbers and colors spread out with your $1.00 bills all over the craps table and feel like winner when you hiy, in Vegas you guys just keep waiting for this to fail even though it's been some of the best most consistent winning we've had in a very long time...​
Hey tease their own but I think you guys are just ridiculous... People in here actually admitting they want us to fail miserably so things change that's just stupid sorry​

Aven8

Reaction score
That’s why he’s not a lame duck. Jerry wasn’t going to fire him and still pay him to sit at home when he has 1 season left. Just like he did with Garrett, he’ll let him finish out the season.

The real issue is how they are going to handle Dak’s contract. If they plan to get a new HC after next year, are they going to risk installing a completely new offense in for Dak after extending him?

This offense was dumbed down for him even more with McCarthy,
It’s very funny how the narrative is that Jerry doesn’t like to pay coaches not coaching, but is fine paying for players that aren’t even on the team anymore…..

CCBoy

Reaction score
Duck Season in the State of Texas:

Duck​

Duck season dates
SeasonZoneDates
RegularHigh Plains Mallard Management UnitOct. 28-29, 2023 & Nov. 3, 2023 - Jan. 28, 2024
NorthNov. 11-26, 2023 & Dec. 2, 2023 - Jan. 28, 2024
SouthNov. 4-26, 2023 & Dec. 9, 2023 - Jan. 28, 2024
Youth/VeteransHigh Plains Mallard Management UnitOct. 21-22, 2023
NorthNov. 4-5, 2023
SouthOct. 28-29, 2023

Snipe​

Common season dates
SeasonZoneDates
RegularStatewideNov. 4, 2023 - Feb. 18, 2024

MC8828

Reaction score
And Ive been made into a lame duck fan. This organization truly has become so poorly run and just a joke. Its shameful and embarrassing. I wont be repping any gear anytime soon.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It’s very funny how the narrative is that Jerry doesn’t like to pay coaches not coaching, but is fine paying for players that aren’t even on the team anymore…..
Does the salary cap provide a quality roster that produces high levels? Top 3 in the NFL on production for the buck spent.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
nope because when he goes on a stupid 5-0 streak, he will get a NEW contract

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This whole situation with MM is so dumb. I mean, if Jerry can't let him go now, what would it take...not making the playoffs at all?

Waiting a year to see "if things work out better" isn't a strategy. Just move on because getting outcoached in the playoffs, again, isn't something I need to wait a year for.
No because as long as we finished with a WINNING record, he's ok with that!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
And Ive been made into a lame duck fan. This organization truly has become so poorly run and just a joke. Its shameful and embarrassing. I wont be repping any gear anytime soon.
First, sport itself is not shameful or embarrassing. That is a personal attachment.

No one asked you to buy a single thing, Run around the block with a rope and empty tin cans if that floats one boat.

No, that part is one's own doing. Know what snipe hunting is?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Right it's so safe embarrassing that we go to the playoffs three straight years when did division two out of the last three years win 36 games over the last three years you know that's just straight up embarrassing I mean we should put paper bags on our ******* heads I mean seriously let's just hide I mean it sucks so bad the stadium is empty I mean we're not relative we're not on prime time games I mean we're just literally one of the bottom 10 teams in the league according to fans around here how about this you don't need to be a fan at all nobody's forcing you!!!

The actual extremes around here where everybody either sucks they're a bust or they have to be all pro or pro bowler same with the coaches they either have to win get us into a championship game or they suck it's so embarrassing I mean there's no middle ground here no what's embarrassing is the fan base who talk like we're A 5 win team!!

What's truly embarrassing is a fan base that's hoping we lose that can't wait till we collapse on ourselves so they could say they're right even though they keep saying it every year and hopes that they're finally right... You can keep running your gums everybody in here can keep ripping on it the one thing this franchise is not is not embarrassing embarrassing teams are not get put on prime time and have viewership like it does in ratings big games constantly in the playoffs I mean I don't know what you think is embarrassing and bad but we lost the game in the playoffs it sucks that we played poorly but we are not an embarrassing team or an embarrassing Rand franchise you know our owner has a gold jacket it's a whole of Famer Our coach last time I checked he is a Super Bowl winning coach his record stands up against most of the coaches that people around here been talking about all week replacing him with except for Bill Belichick..

Of course I'd like things to change I'd like to get to that next level but right now posts like these in my opinion is making yourself look bad you're embarrassing you're embarrassing yourself you might want to use some different descriptive words the last game was embarrassing there are times throughout the year we're very disappointed it's shocking but is far from shameful and embarrassing if that's the way you feel you can move on really fast and you don't have to tell us you could just go away quietly delete your accounts everywhere and never talk about the Cowboys ever again and I've heard the goodwill or Salvation Army would love your jerseys, hats and garb...

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread the biggest thing that disturbs me is when McCarthy doesn’t get an extension after this year the available talent of potential head coaches will be less than it is right now (Harbaugh, Belechick, Vrabel, ect.)

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Jerry is oddly cheap sometimes. He doesn’t want to pay McCarthy to sit at home.

tomokawan

Reaction score

That is why I have 0 hope for next year. Dak is who is, and MC is who he is. Expect dumb penalties, unprepared in big games, poor game management, special teams stupidity, not using the challenge flag, defense chocking in big games, no halftime adjustments, Dak taking dumb Saks, Dak panicking and throwing killer Ints. Did I miss anything???

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They already quit on him BEFORE he was a lame duck coach. 2024 is lined up to be a midseason firing like 2010 with Wade, the year following the playoff beatdown to Minny.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He's officially a MUD DUCK, with a TOAD HUNTER for a QB.