Twitter: Lance Dunbar activated from PUP and returns to practice

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
That kid is a quick healer. Geez. Amazing.

When healthy, he's a heckuva weapon if he hasn't lost any speed.
I don't know how, but there some claims that he is faster.

Zordon

Reaction score
That kid is a quick healer. Geez. Amazing.

When healthy, he's a heckuva weapon if he hasn't lost any speed.
From what I've read, he's been rehabbing like a mad man. He was on his way to a Dion Lewis type of season before he got hurt.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's crazy he made it back.

I'm torn on Dubar this season. I really like what he brings to the offense, but the RB spots are limited, Zeke reportedly can run the WR routes, too, and it's really hard to trust that he'll make it back from that devastating injury and be able to stay in the lineup. I"m fine letting McFadden walk, but go back and forth between wanting a Jackson to develop and wanting a spot for Dunbar knowing Lance will be gone in a year if he's any good at all.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I am glad he made it back. I don't think there is a spot on this team for him but he has skills and can play in this league so I am glad he has recovered. I look for him to be traded if possible or just released. I don't see them keeping him unless they think that Jackson will make it to the PS this year. I can see a back field of Zeke, Morris and Dunbar with Jackson the PS. The question becomes, do you think Jackson can make it to the PS? I don't think he can and if he does, I suspect not for long before a team needs a RB and plucks him. I wouldn't risk it personally. I would rather develop Jackson over the next few years than keep Dunbar for one.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I am glad he made it back. I don't think there is a spot on this team for him but he has skills and can play in this league so I am glad he has recovered. I look for him to be traded if possible or just released. I don't see them keeping him unless they think that Jackson will make it to the PS this year. I can see a back field of Zeke, Morris and Dunbar with Jackson the PS. The question becomes, do you think Jackson can make it to the PS? I don't think he can and if he does, I suspect not for long before a team needs a RB and plucks him. I wouldn't risk it personally. I would rather develop Jackson over the next few years than keep Dunbar for one.

I think that's exactly what it will be. Coaches love Dunbar, he's talented and is a hard worker. This is the same player Linehan reworked the playbook for last year and he produced.

As for if Jackson makes the PS, I say, who cares? He's a bruising back, I'm sure he'd play decently in a small role, but there are plenty of guys like him in this league. Can't say he did anything that has wowed me.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I think teams will be watching us closely to see who we release. If Dunbar is healthy, then he does have a role on this team. I think people think that as soon as EE is ready to go that he is the starter, but I believe that Morris will start the first snap. Sprinkle Dunbar and EE in there until EE has paid a few dues and is fully up to speed and the coaching staff can fully trust him.

McFadden is the conundrum. I am all for cutting him and going with Darius as the youth movement continues. I like what McFadden did last year and I like what he brings to the team. But injuries, whether they are on or off the field, make me want to hang on to Darius. I don't think Darius, (who hasn't shown a lot but I think it's by design) makes it to the PS, there are already teams needing running backs. They are already paying a lot at the RB spot so Darius makes sense.

The Cowboys have always been keen on loyalty and veteran leadership but Mcfadden being injured gives them an out and I hope they take it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Pretty impressive.

I hope he's actually at 100% and not just well-enough to be back on the field.

FaSho

Reaction score
Am I the only one that kinda forgot about him?

I don't mean that in a bad way. We're just stacked at RB. I'm excited to have him back though, he's an exciting player!

Gaede

Reaction score
Dunbar definitely makes the team. Is a legit playmaker. Jackson is a nice prospect, but he won't offer us anything this year. And if we lose him, draft another rb next year

Proximo

Reaction score
I'm thinking more and more than Darren will be the odd man out at RB.

Right or wrong, it's clear that the coaching staff like Dunbar quite a bit.

I tend to think we'll see EE as starter, Morris as his backup/relief, and Dunbar as the change of pace. Jackson maybe on the PS? I can't imagine they'll keep 4 on the roster, but who knows?