Lance Dunbar tore his Patellar Tendon too?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Why do you take every remark about the FO personally is the question.

They don't have the guts to draft EE at 4.

cause maybe others feel it's not about GUTS but about intelligence. for you to say the FO doesn't have the guts also encompasses everyone who also disagrees with the pick.

never understood this "ATTACK" mentality people have to have then get mad if their attacks are ... attacked.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wish the team would just stop wasting time on a player who simply can't stand up to the physical demands of the NFL. I don't want to seem cold or unfeeling because I can sympathize with the guy's plight. But, while I can feel bad for his personal situation, I also understand that this is a business and the team needs players that it can count on. Lance Dunbar is not one of those players.

And we've seen far too many cases of this team signing, drafting, or relying on physically unreliable players and getting burned in the process. It's time for them to stop that pattern and it should start here.

2012 no injuries played all 12 games after brought up
2013 missed 3 games out of 12 playing in 9 games until season ending left knee injury
2014 no injuries played 16 games
2015 played 4 games until season ending left knee injury

He averaged over 10 YPC and 13 YPA before his injury last year. Those are big numbers albeit only 4 games. That's the first time he's been used that way.

So he's suspect but two left knee injuries doesn't disqualify a player automatically. I get the point about concern he can stay on the field. But tearing your knee up twice does not make you injury prone. It means you've been injured significantly twice. His patellar injury is a concern just as Escobar's achilles. All players don't make it back from those.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2012 no injuries played all 12 games after brought up

21 carries with 6 receptions. Are you calling that a contribution or an accomplishment?

2013 missed 3 games out of 12 playing in 9 games until season ending left knee injury

Done for the season after 9 games, with 30 carries and 7 receptions. Not helping any 'case' here.

2014 no injuries played 16 games

To the tune of 29 carries for 99 yards with 18 receptions in 16 games. Again, this is supposed to Be an accomplishment?

2015 played 4 games until season ending left knee injury

And does 4 games hurt or help your case here?

He averaged over 10 YPC and 13 YPA before his injury last year. Those are big numbers albeit only 4 games. That's the first time he's been used that way.

And the most he's been used, and the soonest he's been injured. Again, the pattern is crystal clear. Use him, break him.

So he's suspect but two left knee injuries doesn't disqualify a player automatically. I get the point about concern he can stay on the field. But tearing your knee up twice does not make you injury prone. It means you've been injured significantly twice. His patellar injury is a concern just as Escobar's achilles. All players don't make it back from those.

He's not "suspect", he's proven unreliable. There's no grey area here, only a proven track record of repeated injuries whenever the player is called upon.

http://www.nfl.com/player/lancedunbar/2535708/profile

Folks can see the facts for themselves. Whenever he's put on the field in any considerable way, he's hurt.

And now, you're talking about a guy who by all indications will be starting the season on PUP after missing all of your offseason work. If it's up to me, I'm moving on. And this team should too. Foolish to compound prior mistakes by relying on unreliable players.

manster4ever

Reaction score
To think he wouldn't have torn anything if he just downs the ball at the back of the end zone like he should have.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm confused. In addition to his acl and mcl, he also tore his patellar. Why did the cowboys give this guy nearly 2 mill this year when is pretty unlikely to play? Can anybody can confirm that he only counts against our cap if he is actually on the active roster or something?

He must be really good for us to keep him even though he is injured . . .