Landry tribute

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
This is the 4th game where Dallas has knelt down to end the game. Four out of 7 total games.

or, 4 out of the last 5 games they have gotten the chance to do the Landry shift! Twice at home against the Saints and Giants, and twice on the road at the Rams and Seahawks.

That is awesome.

In the GIF above, look how synchronized Martin and Frederick are. It looks like their helments are glued together they are so perfect with it.

They failed to do it during the Rams game. I was disappointed because I wanted to collect all the gifs for each and every victory. This is becoming very symbolic of this season...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/01/6167080/landry-shift-was-bill-callahans.html

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Sometimes it's the little things which galvanize a team.
You see this in the joy they have playing together.

The OL runs to congratulate the player who scored.

Dez celebrating Murray getting the score.

Even Escobar's second TD showed his emotion for perhaps the first time I've seen it.

They rally around each other. They have a commonality of purpose exhibited in the special things like The Hitch. The country club atmosphere seems to have go away and these guys appreciate each other.

Reminds me of the 92...aw Hell, you remember them playing together and having fun.

Winning has a lot to do with galvanizing.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
It is such a cool thing to do.

LOL, you know there are a lot of Giants fans that remember it too.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They failed to do it during the Rams game. I was disappointed because I wanted to collect all the gifs for each and every victory. This is becoming very symbolic of this season...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/01/6167080/landry-shift-was-bill-callahans.html

Ah, I was just going off the fact that they knelt down to end the game against the Rams.

Still, kneeling down 4 out of the last 5 games, with 2 on the road is impressive. They might have gone all of last year and not had that chance at all (although I didn't check it).

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Would be really cool if this took off in the media whereby fox and others would note to keep a camera on the last play of the game for this. the fans could get involved in a chant at the waning moments. Like holding up a lighter yelling for more asking for the band to encore their performance.

Wood

Reaction score
@6:25 you can see how this formation looked under Tom Landry. Its timely video from 1979 against Commanders.