RELEASED Larry Allen Jr Released

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Sorry but if the guy wasn't one of the better players he doesn't need to be on the team. Just because his dad was a beast doesn't mean he is. I want the best 53 players on the team that will help us win a championship. Not keep guys on the team because of their dad.

I wanted him to make the team just so you know. But he had to earn it just like everybody else. Perhaps he can develop on the practice squad.

What do sarcasm mean?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Poor kid. Living in Larry Allen's shadow can't be easy at all. It's like Uncle Phil and Carlton.

At least he has that Ivy League education.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I have no clue why they waste their time on players they know aren't going to make the team. I understand having an extra arm in camp and kicking competition but some of these other guys...Like Larry Allen Jr., Jordan Chunn and Jameill Showers, C.J. Goodwin and Reggie Davis. They are really and truly a waste of time. How can we get better if we keep bringing in the garbage pail kids.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I have no clue why they waste their time on players they know aren't going to make the team. I understand having an extra arm in camp and kicking competition but some of these other guys...Like Larry Allen Jr., Jordan Chunn and Jameill Showers, C.J. Goodwin and Reggie Davis. They are really and truly a waste of time. How can we get better if we keep bringing in the garbage pail kids.
Moronic post if I've ever seen one.

Chunn knows the system and has paid his dues on th practice squad and has earned a spot to compete in camp, Goodwin is quality special teams depth, and Reggie Davis is a former second round pick with blazing speed and has already shown flashes in camp...

Altestic

Reaction score
Bioengineering degree to boot. Not a bad fall back plan.
Still the starting salary even with that job is pretty terrible, it's not even practice squad salary and they only work 4-5 months of the year

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Moronic post if I've ever seen one.

Chunn knows the system and has paid his dues on th practice squad and has earned a spot to compete in camp, Goodwin is quality special teams depth, and Reggie Davis is a former second round pick with blazing speed and has already shown flashes in camp...
Zero potential starters in that group. Zero role players in that group. Zero roster spots will be held by that group. Even if there are injuries they'll bring someone else in before they play those guys.

FYI. Reggie Davis went undrafted in 2017. Devin Smith is the guy you were thinking about.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We get 90 spots in camp. Our of which 53 make the team and 10 can make the practice squad. You bringing 90 starting caliber players into camp. A good portion of the players you bring in have little chance of making the roster. Thats just how it is with every team

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Still the starting salary even with that job is pretty terrible, it's not even practice squad salary and they only work 4-5 months of the year
He can be a bioengineer his whole life and it wont be long until he is well over six figures

Personally I think we are better off having more bioengineers with Ivy league education than we are with having more NFL practice squad level athletic talent in the world

Altestic

Reaction score
He can be a bioengineer his whole life and it wont be long until he is well over six figures
But what about seven figures? Low six figures is nothing, in this economy you have to be >= 125k/year just to scrape middle middle class, and even then it will take at least 5 long years of living a scant and boring, cheap life to have enough cash to buy a decent house in even a middle class neighborhood... forget a nice 3k sqft house on a parcel of land away from the neighbors, that went out the window once you downgraded from 53rd man on the roster (still makes >450k/year plus incentives) to a nobody working a crappy 9-5 job...

Whole life? Nobody wants to work their whole life... if they want to realistically retire in their late 30s like an NFL player, they will have to start making six figures by 25 and save up and invest in passive income opportunities.. probably living cheaply throughout their 20s and not even considering having children until about 32.

rags747

Reaction score
Bioengineering degree to boot. Not a bad fall back plan.
Definitely beats a bs degree and having to fall back on burgers and fries with a coke mam? Jr should do pretty well for himself, I want to say that his mom was a lawyer or doctor but it’s been awhile so I could be totally off base with that.

Altestic

Reaction score
Definitely beats a bs degree and having to fall back on burgers and fries with a coke mam? Jr should do pretty well for himself, I want to say that his mom was a lawyer or doctor but it’s been awhile so I could be totally off base with that.
If nothing else he has his dad's money, though we all know the salaries in the 90s were a small fraction of what they are now

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
We get 90 spots in camp. Our of which 53 make the team and 10 can make the practice squad. You bringing 90 starting caliber players into camp. A good portion of the players you bring in have little chance of making the roster. Thats just how it is with every team
I know. But we all have our favorites whom the Cowboys didnt even go after, after the draft.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
per the mothership
Was he hurt? Lack the necessary strength or quickness? Or just not good enough?
Brugler had Larry Allen Jr. ranked as the 65th OG.

Cowboys UDFA Brandon Knight was ranked as the 21st OG (priority free agent ranking).

Note: Connor McGovern was ranked in Bruglers's OC group (3rd round ranking).

1 . Chris Lindstrom
2 . Dalton Risner
3 . Dru Samia
4 . Nate Davis
5 . Michael Jordan
6 . Michael Deiter
7 . Tyler Jones
8 . Hjalte Froholdt
9 . Phil Haynes
10 . Drew Forbes
11 . Trevon Tate
12 . Beau Benzschawel
13 . Ben Powers
14 . Joshua Miles
15 . Marquez Tucker
16 . Deion Calhoun
17 . Nate Herbig
18 . B.J. Autry
19 . Calvin Anderson
20 . Fred Johnson
21 . Brandon Knight
22 . Alex Bars
23 . Iosua Opeta
24 . Ethan Greenidge
25 . Keaton Sutherland
26 . Javon Patterson
27 . Bunchy Stallings
28 . Zack Bailey
29 . Wyatt Miller
30 . Juwann Bushell-Beatty
31 . Ross Reynolds
32 . Lester Cotton Sr.
33 . Garrett Brumfield
34 . O'shea Dugas
35 . Nick Allegretti
36 . Damian Prince
37 . Terronne Prescod
38 . Gavin Wiggins
39 . Wes Martin
40 . Martez Ivey
41 . Venzell Boulware
42 . Kendall Baker
43 . Brandon Fanaika
44 . Patrick Vahe
45 . Joe Anderson
46 . Nick Natour
47 . Colin Conner
48 . Garrett Bowery
49 . Justice Powers
50 . Odell Miller
51 . Connor Lanfear
52 . Blake Blackmar
53 . David Beedle
54 . Tyler Bowling
55 . Lanard Bonner
56 . John Leglue
57 . Malcolm Pridgeon
58 . Caleb Adams
59 . Kevin Pendleton
60 . Cj Toogood
61 . Chandler Brewer
62 . Johnny Gibson Jr.
63 . Andrew Marshall
64 . Jerald Foster
65 . Larry Allen Jr.
66 . Chad Pursley
67 . Jordan Agasiva
68 . Luke Bacon
69 . Kyle Chung
70 . Tanner Farmer
71 . Braxton Pfaff
72 . Tyler Jordan
73 . Sam Schmal
74 . Tommy Doles
75 . Kavaris Harkless
76 . Reggie Bain
77 . Demetrius Knox
78 . Chris Brown
79 . Kyle Trout
80 . Jordan Sims

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t think he was good enough to make the team... but I thought he’d last longer than this.
He got his weight up to 307 for his Pro Day; however, I've heard that his college playing weight was about 280.

His agility times were the worst I can remember seeing:

Larry Allen Jr.
307 pounds
3-cone: 8.50
SS: 5.46

OG Trenton Brown might be the heaviest OLineman of active players.

Trenton Brown
355 pounds
3-cone: 8.23
SS: 4.78

Also, at Harvard he missed the entire 2017 season and all classes for unknown reasons.