RELEASED Larry Allen Jr Released

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I didn’t think he was good enough to make the team... but I thought he’d last longer than this.

Actually, I think they're doing just what you said and doing him a favor (lol). Coz he's Larry's boy, they're not misleading him into thinking he has a chance at 53. Be honest, cut his azz and let him see if he can catch on with another team.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Personally I think we are better off having more bioengineers with Ivy league education than we are with having more NFL practice squad level athletic talent in the world

Exactly. The Harvard-trained Bioengineers can clone good football players and bingo! You have all the Practice Squad players you need.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Whole life? Nobody wants to work their whole life... if they want to realistically retire in their late 30s like an NFL player,.

For all the college football players, the odds they play in the NFL until their late 30s are probably one in 10,000. And if they do, the odds are that they will barely be able to walk in their late 40s.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no clue why they waste their time on players they know aren't going to make the team. I understand having an extra arm in camp and kicking competition but some of these other guys...Like Larry Allen Jr., Jordan Chunn and Jameill Showers, C.J. Goodwin and Reggie Davis. They are really and truly a waste of time. How can we get better if we keep bringing in the garbage pail kids.

Signing Larry Allen, Jr. was probably a nod to his Dad, but as for others, every team has a 90 man training camp roster to fill, and as such, every team has players that aren't realistically going to make the team. That's true of all 32 teams.

Whether they really need that many in training camp, I don't know, but they are looking for diamonds in the rough and they have a practice team to fill, so I can see taking a look at a number of players to increase the odds of finding those guys.

Altestic

Reaction score
Signing Larry Allen, Jr. was probably a nod to his Dad, but as for others, every team has a 90 man training camp roster to fill, and as such, every team has players that aren't realistically going to make the team. That's true of all 32 teams.

Whether they really need that many in training camp, I don't know, but they are looking for diamonds in the rough and they have a practice team to fill, so I can see taking a look at a number of players to increase the odds of finding those guys.
Why wasn't Larry Allen Jr good enough like his dad? Did he procreate with a petite Asian lady or something?

That's part of why I'm not a big fan of LVE and his petite Asian girlfriend. We won't have a legacy stud, like all the Clay Matthews generations

erod

Reaction score
Bioengineering degree from Harvard.

Why was he wasting his time with mostly Neanderthals who couldn't pass a 5th grade math test?

InTheZone

Reaction score
But he was the spawn of the best to ever play? Never mind. He was merely a spawn.

Now go be a rocket scientist young man!
in two years time you'll see the power go out in the stadium and it'll look like a scene from spider-man with Dr. Octopus plotting his revenge for casting him aside.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Yes!!!! Larry Allen Jr. will show up on the practice squad as the Cowboys are loaded at OL and Cowboys are doing the right thing in letting him try to make a roster on another team.

Justin Phillips is a personal choice of mine to see if he can get a shot. He went to high school with my children (Pearland Oilers) and is a friend of the family. He will hit and will play special teams. I was shocked they let him go so early (made no sense). I know Justin Phillips is a camp body at LB now. However, I think they need to realize that Sean Lee is unavailable so Lee does not have the best ability...

...availability.