FEATURED Larry Allen passed away

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Sad to lose a player that brought us great joy on the field and for many off the field as well. My heart goes out to his wife and children. Rest in peace LA - Cowboy legend!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Allen was great no matter when he showed up, but he was even better because he started to shine just as it was becoming apparent that Erik Williams was not going to turn into the HOFer we all first thought he would.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Some sites are reporting it was a stroke smh
That'll happen under ""died suddenly" symptoms.

I remember, a couple years ago, Allen had shared some general info on sleep apnea. That is very hard on the heart. It may have played a role in his death.

He’s a year younger than me. Sad to hear. It is especially traumatizing to his family, being on vacation when it happened.

TD-40

Reaction score
Goodbyes are so difficult for me. Larry Allen was largely responsible for the team's success and for Emmitt's success because he was such a dominant figure on the field. Everyone says he was a great player but also a great friend and human being.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I hate to say this, but we see it a lot. These big old lineman passing away in their 50s after retirement. Reason being they keep all that extra bodyweight on. They get severe sleep apnea and develop high blood pressure and heart problems. Because they’re not out practicing and being physical like they were when they were younger playing football yet they keep all that mass on. The smart former retired NFL lineman drop that weight as soon as they get out of football. The ones that don’t? They all die in their 40s or 50s. Sad but true.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Mkr1ajl.jpg
I hate this piece of ****. He is the curse too. Cowboys last championship 1995, Rowdy born 1996.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Otherwise healthy 52 year old man dies suddenly.
And unexpectedly.
tragic!

A story that has become shockingly familiar lately.
just awful