Twitter: Larry Allen/Reggie White throwback

shabazz

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this classic video. I wish it was Allen pancaking White instead though!

2 NFL heavyweights

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
That has to be Thanksgiving 1994 because Garrett is the QB. The Big E was in a car crash that sidelined him is why Allen is in there. Read an article once from one of White's team mates. Said Reggie barely talked after playing against Erik Williams , said Erik beat him up , beat him to a pulp.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I believe Allen got him later in the game. And I also believe Allen was playing with a hurt right ankle or knee that game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That was Allen’s rookie season. White tossed him aside like a ragdoll repeatedly with a hump move. Plus Allen was using poor technique. It wasn’t just one play it was several. It was painful to watch! If you told me then that Larry Allen would end up being a first ballot Hall of Fame player I would’ve laughed.

CowboysJames69

Reaction score
If I remember opposing defensive linemen would get sick or have phantom injuries as going against him was so physically and emotionally draining. He was just so dominant!

CWR

Reaction score
Wasn't he one of the ones who would literally fake sick not to face Allen?

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
There’s a Larry Allen video I’ve been searching for and I haven’t been able to locate it. It was a MNF in 1999 against the Vikings and Emmitt had over 140 yards in the first half. If memory serves me correctly, Smith broke a Walter Payton record. Unfortunately, Emmitt got hurt and left the game in the second quarter. On one play, Larry Allen pushed 5 guys like he was pushing a sliding door open, and it gave Emmitt the largest hole I’ve ever seen to run through.

Does anyone recall that play?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Remember this as plain as yesterday.......it was the first AND last play any player would embarrass Larry Allen.

I still remember Erik Williams destroying Reggie White

And this actually looked worse than it was. Larrys momentum did most of the work for Reggie there