Last 3-0 start was 2008. Didnt Make Playoffs However

Flamma

Reaction score
Enjoy the win fellas, its been a long time since we started 3-0, it was 2008 to be exact.

Unfortunately, we didnt make the playoffs so lets hope history does not repeat itself.

I remember a statistic given after week 4 of the 1986 season. That no team that scored 30 or more points the first 4 games of the season ever went to the Super Bowl. I don't know if that still holds true today.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The year before in 07 we started 3-0...got a first round bye. Why is it that anything involving the Cowboys you can only go back to the year that supports a negative agenda?

LOL......see my post above...……….this is a perfect example of what I mean...…..my "negative agenda"

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Enjoy the win fellas, its been a long time since we started 3-0, it was 2008 to be exact.

Unfortunately, we didnt make the playoffs so lets hope history does not repeat itself.

We no longer have Romo. Besides 2009 and 2014, was god awful in December and caused so many late season collapses. Dak so far is the opposite.

EGTuna

Reaction score
2008 was such a crazy season. You could do a doc on it. Between the hot start that had Dallas atop everyone's power rankings after week3 (thanks to TB12's being out all year), TO's inexplicable intent on dividing the locker room, PacMan Jones's nonsense, Romo's injury (leading to the ineptitude of Brad Johnson, and yes - BROOKS BOLLINGER!), and the famed December Collapse, it was a weird, wild season that ended in tremendous disappointment. Romo didn't help things by being human and honest exclaiming that if 44-6 was the worst thing to happen to him in life, he'd be ok. Remember how fans reacted to that? Imagine Dak doing that in 2019 with social media and the Hot Take TV Landscape (which was just in its adolescence in 2008). Yikes.

Aside from 3-0, I don't see many similarities between 2008 and 2019. If there was ever a WR that was the anti-TO, it's Amari Cooper. Dude plays chess, runs his businesses, chills out and then balls on Sundays sans drama. The leadership is better inside the locker room. Zeke and Pollard >>>> Barber and Felix. The OL is better. The DL is probably the same (that 2008 DL/OLB had Ware, Spears, Ratliff, Hatcher, & Ellis). The secondary is better. The LBs are maybe the same (different schemes, so...). That 2008 teams handled adversity as well as a 3 year old being told he can't have a bag of fruit snacks. Based on 2018, this team handles adversity much, much, much better.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
LOL......see my post above...……….this is a perfect example of what I mean...…..my "negative agenda"

It's not all your fault but you fed right into there ( media ) agenda. It's what they always do with this team. Haters/Media will only go back to the year that supports a negative outlook on us. They will happily chat with you about the last 22 years. The minute, no, no...the second you ask to back 23 years they ( haters/media/trolls ) get offended and angry and say you live in the past. So why can we go back 11 years ago to a team with only 1 player still on the team and act like we are gonna do the same thing and act like it will make a difference in this team? It's just a dumb stat that people are throwing out there to try and discredit our 3-0 start. I forgive you for eating the cake.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I honestly had no idea how many times we have started 3-0. I saw on TV that the last time was 11 years ago in 2008, but we failed to make the playoffs. I did not know this and I though it might be interesting to share this with others, so I posted the same info and I said I hope it works out better this time around.

That was it. I made no prediction, I didnt say that there was any correlation, I had no hidden agenda, I had no intent on trying to damper this season, or anything else that you guys have accused me of in this thread.

I am a little shocked that this many posters in this thread would automatically accuse me of everything from being a troll to secretly hating the team, to name calling, and so forth, just because I mentioned we didnt make the playoffs last time we started 3-0, which I didnt even know myself till I saw it. But to automatically think and assume the worst about a person, even if that person says its not true, but to say "we really know what you meant" was shocking to me.

I though with a long history, 25K posts, that posters know me enough to know I dont blatantly lie or try to be a troll or anything like that. And even after I stated this and said I was just passing along interesting info that I saw, I still got multiple posts of "we all know what you really think and mean" and "its sad you cant admit to yourself what you really are" and so forth. That honestly shocked me and I must admit that I might need to reevaluate how much time I spend on this site in the future.

Anyways, despite none of yall believing me, I meant no ill will toward the team or toward any poster and if I offended anybody I am truly sorry and I offer my apologizes.
You poked a hornet's nest but I have a question far-and-away more important than all that melodrama.

Why in the HECK did you change back to the evil default Rowdy avatar???????????????????????????