Last 3 drafts-1st rd pick wasn't a 30 visitor, which players could they be hiding?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Mazi is not as powerful as I expected.

I counted 1 win for Mazi vs Steve Avila. He got pushed around by Avila in 1-on-1 blocks. He was not a Jonathan Hankins type anchor vs double teams.

On the plus side he is quicker than I expected.

I really don't know where to rank him. Definitely not a 1st rounder from what I've seen.
I don’t think Smith is a 1st rounder, but there are traits there that make him intriguing. 330 lb guys just don’t move like that. I think there’s a lot of upside there, but I wouldn’t gamble on him in the 1st round. Round 2 is a different story.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Mazi is not as powerful as I expected.

I counted 1 win for Mazi vs Steve Avila. He got pushed around by Avila in 1-on-1 blocks. He was not a Jonathan Hankins type anchor vs double teams.

On the plus side he is quicker than I expected.

I really don't know where to rank him. Definitely not a 1st rounder from what I've seen.
Think we all agree, Benton is the one to target as he does have some rush abilities, along with being able to stop the run. Our DL coach went up there for Wisconsin's pro day.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Think we all agree, Benton is the one to target as he does have some rush abilities, along with being able to stop the run. Our DL coach went up there for Wisconsin's pro day.
Benton gives you more pass rushing ability, but Smith is the better run defender. He’s also the more athletic player. There’s a reason most scouts think he might sneak into the 1st round.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Benton gives you more pass rushing ability, but Smith is the better run defender. He’s also the more athletic player. There’s a reason most scouts think he might sneak into the 1st round.
Just look at what they paid Hankins, they aren't going to use a high pick on a player that plays 30% of the downs. Must have some pass rush abilities to be considered.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Just look at what they paid Hankins, they aren't going to use a high pick on a player that plays 30% of the downs. Must have some pass rush abilities to be considered.
They won’t take either player. Guarantee it. But Smith does have more upside that’s why he’s generally regarded as the better prospect.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They won’t take either player. Guarantee it. But Smith does have more upside that’s why he’s generally regarded as the better prospect.
I disagree, he has like half a sack for his entire career, he will come off the field against the pass. What did Davis do last yr with the Eagles? He was real athletic too, but offers nothing as a pass rusher

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I disagree, he has like half a sack for his entire career, he will come off the field against the pass. What did Davis do last yr with the Eagles? He was real athletic too, but offers nothing as a pass rusher
Go watch Mazi Smith and Davis. Davis ran a ridiculous 40, but he doesn’t move nearly as well as Smith. And I wouldn‘t be so quick to bury Davis. The DT’s take time to develop. He may eventually look worthy of his draft selection. Smith may not live up to his potential, but he’s got a high ceiling. That’s why most evaluators have him in their top 50

stilltheguru

Reaction score
How did you grade Daron Payne coming out? Including to his college production

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Go watch Mazi Smith and Davis. Davis ran a ridiculous 40, but he doesn’t move nearly as well as Smith. And I wouldn‘t be so quick to bury Davis. The DT’s take time to develop. He may eventually look worthy of his draft selection. Smith may not live up to his potential, but he’s got a high ceiling. That’s why most evaluators have him in their top 50
My favorite NT’s were McNeil and Travis Jones the last two drafts, both were 3rd rounders who offered some rush abilities. They didn’t even consider them, forget about them taking Smith.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
My favorite NT’s were McNeil and Travis Jones the last two drafts, both were 3rd rounders who offered some rush abilities. They didn’t even consider them, forget about them taking Smith.
They won’t take either of them. Lucky if we take someone in round 4.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Hasn’t been able to workout, but heard no issues long term with his back
I’m no doctor but the way he twists and turns and lounges it’s no surprise to me he has back problems. He’s great but I see problems of him

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He offered some rush abilities with the upside to get better
I think mazi is basically Payne that's 15 lbs heavier and somebody will pay him a big bag his second contract same as Payne. You're not much of a fan. All good

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I’m no doctor but the way he twists and turns and lounges it’s no surprise to me he has back problems. He’s great but I see problems of him
Have you watch Mustgrave? He looks like Joel Embiid falling to the ground, looks like he can get hurt every play

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think mazi is basically Payne that's 15 lbs heavier and somebody will pay him a big bag his second contract same as Payne. You're not much of a fan. All good
I would consider a player like him more late day 2, then in the 1st rd