Last 3 drafts-1st rd pick wasn't a 30 visitor, which players could they be hiding?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Mazi. Stop putting your playoff hopes on 32 year old jag Hankins, Jerry.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Think MM's first two drafts, it was more bpa with their 1st rd pick, but last year they clearly zeroed in on Tyler Smith. All three weren't apart of their 30 day national visitors. Are there any prospects that they are high on that didn't come in for a visit, where they may want to hide their interest?

-Bijian Robinson is the no brainer, but what others could be out there? Mayer, Kincaid, Mustgrave, Torrence, Schmitz, Addison?
Was McDonald an official visit

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let's wait until we get a little closer to the draft but if Jerry isn't talking and giving hints, you may wanna start worrying. He may be planning something ........like a trade-up (lol).

817Gill

Reaction score
The new OL coach seems to prefer power over movement skills by some of the OG prospects he looked at, wonder what's his preference.

Adding to the list: Darnell Wright, Dawand Jones and Derick Hall.
May work out for the best, thanks for that note I’ll look out for that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Mazi more than most. Guys with that kind of size, power and movement skills are rare. That’s why you see all this talk about him possibly being a 1st rounder.
Mazi is not as powerful as I expected.

I counted 1 win for Mazi vs Steve Avila. He got pushed around by Avila in 1-on-1 blocks. He was not a Jonathan Hankins type anchor vs double teams.

On the plus side he is quicker than I expected.

I really don't know where to rank him. Definitely not a 1st rounder from what I've seen.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Think MM's first two drafts, it was more bpa with their 1st rd pick, but last year they clearly zeroed in on Tyler Smith. All three weren't apart of their 30 day national visitors. Are there any prospects that they are high on that didn't come in for a visit, where they may want to hide their interest?

-Bijian Robinson is the no brainer, but what others could be out there? Mayer, Kincaid, Mustgrave, Torrence, Schmitz, Addison?
You can argue we may see something no one expected. For example, who would anticipate them drafting Gibbs? Sure his strength leans more as a pass receiver but imagine how creative MM can use this kid ( slot receiver, RB, ). Hell, imagine being a DC and having to worry about him and Pollard on the field together. Not to mention, he can replace Tony next year.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You can argue we may see something no one expected. For example, who would anticipate them drafting Gibbs? Sure his strength leans more as a pass receiver but imagine how creative MM can use this kid ( slot receiver, RB, ). Hell, imagine being a DC and having to worry about him and Pollard on the field together. Not to mention, he can replace Tony next year.
Gibbs is an electric player, who I worry both him and Pollard being real poor in protection. There will be times where they are going to need to stay in and help the QB.

Carson

Reaction score
Last edited: