Last Night Was The Tale Of Two Organizations With Completely Different Mindsets

nobody

Reaction score
I may be the biggest pessimist on this forum but even though they lost last night, I am more optimistic today than I was last week. My reaction to the game is if they had their starting QB, they would have won that game.

All those fans jumping on the Rush over Dak bandwagon were wrong, and now they know it. Dak is not perfect but he is way better than Rush.

All the blame being thrown around when the reason for the loss was obvious. The Cowboys threw 3 INTs and the Eagles had none. The Cowboys had 10 penalties for 72 yards, the Eagles had 10 yards in penalties. In a game like this one, you can not give up 3 possessions and expect to win.

Given the state of the NFC, the Cowboys have an excellent chance to make the playoffs. This team has shown surprising resiliency. They will not go 0-3 vs the Eagles this season.

Dak is a better QB. That's not in dispute. Rush is a serviceable backup. Moore was the real problem though.

plymkr

Reaction score
Last night was the difference between a fully healthy team at home vs a team without their starting quarterback. You can say all you want about the Cowboys front office but the game was 20-17 early in the 4th quarter after the complete second quarter meltdown. The Cowboys are alright.
I agree. The Cowboys are alright. We'll get healthier. Every team has injury issues during the season. Ours just hit at the beginning of the season. I'm not panicking. If we played the Eagles and the Eagles were without their starting QB, LT, and TE. And not just any LT but one of the best in the league. Do the Eagles win? Or more important question do they win 4 out of 5 games without their QB, LT, one WR, on and off again TE all being hurt for 5 weeks.

We're good. We played well enough to remain in the playoff AND DIVISION race with 11 games left to go. A lot of football left. Personally I'm happy with the 4-2 record considering how dire the season looked after week 1. The Eagles will have some bad luck or stumble. I'm not conceding the super to them or even the division. If this was December and we lost to them then yeah they got the division. But no one wins the division in October. We're good. We're a good team. We'll be in the race at the end. It's just one loss.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The Eagles spent the offseason signing and trading to get better coming off a playoff berth in 2021. Sometimes that strategy works and sometimes it doesn't, but they are sitting at 6-0 right now, so we can only assume that their plan is paying off. The Eagles have had success doing this in the past and have a Super Bowl in 2017 to show for it.

The Cowboys hardly ever do any major signings or trades during the offseason and instead chose to try and fill needs in the draft, with cheap free agents, or plug and play guys that have been on the roster as backups in the past. We went 12-5 last year and instead of trying to build on that success by adding talent, we get rid of talent and deplete the roster and don't replace it with better or equal talent.

The game last night looked like a team that tried to get better and made it a priority going up against a team that didn't make the effort required to improve. Cooper Rush can be blamed until you're blue in the face, and yes he was horrible, but Cooper Rush even playing is just another example of the Cowboys organization not trying to improve a position of need and sticking with a guy their familiar with instead.

Totally agree. We have 28 million in cap space and we decided to not to spend it on anyone. I was wishing we signed Von Miller and Julio Jones. Then use our first 3 draft picks fixing the trenches.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Jerry and Company have built a very good team and are on their way to another double digit win season. No matter how much you complain.

This isn't about double digit wins during the regular season but the fan frustration over an organization that has failed to build a team that makes a deep playoff run.

Jipper

Reaction score
Totally agree. We have 28 million in cap space and we decided to not to spend it on anyone. I was wishing we signed Von Miller and Julio Jones. Then use our first 3 draft picks fixing the trenches.

While I would have liked to have seen them spend it this year, I also see that they are preparing for contracts for many core guys and that will help in the coming years with the rollover.

Try not to just think of it as missing free agents this year but rather as setting up to keep the core group together in future years.

rambo2

Reaction score
This isn't about double digit wins during the regular season but the fan frustration over an organization that has failed to build a team that makes a deep playoff run.
Lol, you are hilarious. Is this team good or not? Do you enjoy the games? Can they make a playoff run this season? Are they in contention to win the NFC?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
While I would have liked to have seen them spend it this year, I also see that they are preparing for contracts for many core guys and that will help in the coming years with the rollover.

Try not to just think of it as missing free agents this year but rather as setting up to keep the core group together in future years.

All I can say is when your close to the big dance, you don't scale back. The Eagles are doing it before they have to pay Hurts close to 300 million.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The Eagles spent the offseason signing and trading to get better coming off a playoff berth in 2021. Sometimes that strategy works and sometimes it doesn't, but they are sitting at 6-0 right now, so we can only assume that their plan is paying off. The Eagles have had success doing this in the past and have a Super Bowl in 2017 to show for it.

The Cowboys hardly ever do any major signings or trades during the offseason and instead chose to try and fill needs in the draft, with cheap free agents, or plug and play guys that have been on the roster as backups in the past. We went 12-5 last year and instead of trying to build on that success by adding talent, we get rid of talent and deplete the roster and don't replace it with better or equal talent.

The game last night looked like a team that tried to get better and made it a priority going up against a team that didn't make the effort required to improve. Cooper Rush can be blamed until you're blue in the face, and yes he was horrible, but Cooper Rush even playing is just another example of the Cowboys organization not trying to improve a position of need and sticking with a guy their familiar with instead.
Wait till game 2 and repost

Pass2Run

Reaction score

The Eagles added players with equal or lessor talent and the Cowboys did not, he says.

Derp.

Yeah, because our offensive line was this good last year with Randy Gregory.

Some of you don't appreciate Dorance Armstrong, Dante Fowler or Sam Williams, but I do.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You have that right. We can be the #1 seed and I still wouldn't trust this team in the playoffs. I've seen those teams crumble too.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Ummm last night was the difference between a subpar career backup. The last 2 Eagles wins vs Dallas has been at home against DiNucci and Rush. Both games that were pretty close.

Did the Eagles get better? I guess so. Still a very long season. Their QB is a liability when forced to be an actual QB and not a hybrid. RPO can work for awhile but eventually, the defenses figure it out like they did with RG3 and Kap.

But their coaching staff is better than ours on offense by far. They went right after and neutralized our best defensive player in Parsons. Parsons only became effective once Lane Johnson went out. Our scheme on offense is pathetic.

I know y'all hate Dak but he gives you a 100x better chance to beat these teams than Rush. I know y'all bought into Rush and honestly thought he is better than Dak and we are better off than him so this loss where he was exposed was a surprise and knew his run was done with. And you make it bigger than it was.

Eagles were at home and beat a backup QB. Big deal. They got the win and are now in great position to win the division but they are hardly way better than us.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Hard to argue this...

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Us beating them or not in game 2 means nothing in terms of what I said.

They are ran differently than us.

What if they're like 13-0 by game 2 and we're 4-9?

If we beat them that makes the way we run things better?
No. but if you ever read a couple of my previous post about the Eagles you would know that is not the case. I absolutely think Howie Roseman has his pulse on the team as well as the players needed to run said team Jeffery Lurie will get credit here right now for staying out of his way. It changes nothing on how this team is ran even if we beat them come game 2 as you stated. But it would feel great if we do no matter our records.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lol, you are hilarious. Is this team good or not? Do you enjoy the games? Can they make a playoff run this season? Are they in contention to win the NFC?

Given 6 of 17 games has been played how do you answer those questions? Think about it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Given 6 of 17 games has been played how do you answer those questions? Think about it.
The team is obviously good and they are a contender in the NFC. Anybody that knows football can see that. Think about it.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
And the OP is loving this, he will be out in force this week, as usual. His Eagles won.

This could very well be him after Rush threw that game ending INT. Lol
HoarseWeeBarasingha-max-1mb.gif

There's no doubt that our Cowboys are not his favorite team. Him and his more popular brother here both live somewhere in Pennsylvania so it's obvious that Eagles are their favorite team.