Twitter: Lastest update from Fish/BTB

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t understand the holdup, even with Garrett, why hasn’t he said anything to Richard, Rod or O’Quinn or something? Are people just aimlessly walking around The Star trying to figure out if they have jobs or not? This is stupid. All for show too by Jerry :facepalm:.

Here's my guess.......ALL of the coaches have been put on notice.......you can look for another job now or wait and see if what happens with the next coach but we're making no promises.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
So basically we don't know and possibly won't for a good while. Everyone better relax this is going to get really weird I bet, the Garrett as GM thing kinda makes me scared.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t understand the holdup, even with Garrett, why hasn’t he said anything to Richard, Rod or O’Quinn or something? Are people just aimlessly walking around The Star trying to figure out if they have jobs or not? This is stupid. All for show too by Jerry :facepalm:.
It's Jerrah's world we as fans are just money given idiots to the cause.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So he chooses the second best game all season against the second worst team in the NFL to flex his muscles..............what a man
I gotta say this again. They arent actually watching video. The picture of the tweet is Messi watching Messi. Its a joke.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
This is actually quite common in the Fortune 500 company world when it comes to terminations/layoffs. Sit tight, more information will come soon. Keep working even though your livelihood might be ending any second... or maybe not.

My guess is that certain positional/assistant coaches will not be retained, certain ones will remain under the pretense that the future HC may/may not keep them. JG stays on in some sort of FO/administrative position.

I think this is the most likely scenario. One way or the other it looks like Jason is staying around in some capacity. I just hope it's not in a way that affects the way the coach manages the team and what they do on game day. He has done a pretty good job strategically managing the talent acquisition. I'd be ok with him in that capacity.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If they have a contract, they have a job. What's Jerry supposed to do? Richard is out interviewing, and anyone else can too, presumably.

If he just fired them all before the new HC was in, we'd be complaining about that instead.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is actually quite common in the Fortune 500 company world when it comes to terminations/layoffs. Sit tight, more information will come soon. Keep working even though your livelihood might be ending any second... or maybe not.

My guess is that certain positional/assistant coaches will not be retained, certain ones will remain under the pretense that the future HC may/may not keep them. JG stays on in some sort of FO/administrative position.

+1 ........How hard to say you're fired, get your stuff and leave (LOL). You could very be right .....moving him upstairs is in the works. Who knows, maybe that's been the plan all along. Jason sure as hell didn't seem worried as you might expect from someone the last month or so.

starfan1

Reaction score
It's Jerrah's world we as fans are just money given idiots to the cause.
Ya probably so the cowboys are like crack to many fans. We say we’re gonna stop but they give us a high every once in awhile and we go right back

keeping Garrett in a coaching capacity in Dallas May just test my loyalty

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If they have a contract, they have a job. What's Jerry supposed to do? Richard is out interviewing, and anyone else can too, presumably.

If he just fired them all before the new HC was in, we'd be complaining about that instead.

Nope because I and a lot of others celebrated yesterday when the tweet of everyone being fired was released. No one would be complaining if this staff was fired I assure you (besides the people that for some reason still have faith in anyone on this coaching staff besides maybe Kitna and Colombo?)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ya probably so the cowboys are like crack to many fans. We say we’re gonna stop but they give us a high every once in awhile and we go right back

keeping Garrett in a coaching capacity in Dallas May just test my loyalty

Even being groomed as Jerry's replacement? (lol)

Sydla

Reaction score
The longer this drags on, the more Jerry looks like an idiot.

Yep.

You really wonder if he just can't quit Garrett. I have little doubt in his head he can justify bringing Garrett back. Slap some new assistants into place and Jerry can try to tell us things will get better.

Or maybe he thinks the offense was great, so leave JG in place, Moore as the OC and hire a whole new defensive staff and it will all fix itself.

LOL.

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s not coming back. He already knows hence the embrace on the field with his wife.

Jerry however is the same guy that waited 6 months to let go of Dez and went to the Bahamas at the start of FA.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's like they're operating as usual; just a casual Tuesday morning watching previous week's game film. This is just strange

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Garrett's probably becoming upper management
If Garrett takes a management job for the Cowboys, that tells me he's scared to be a HC for someone other than Jerry. Jerry is his safety net.