Video: Late hit on Romo on the final drive

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
A guy got fined for taunting today. None for that idiot on the Giants. You can't make this stuff up.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
They really never fined Moore. Hard to believe but I guess not really. Someone owes him one. Leary needs to take him out. Legally.

DE's can be awfully exposed out there. I'd line Witten up over Moore, then have him split outside pre-snap. Run a pitch play to Witten's side and have him ear-hole Moore as he tries to get to the RB.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
DE's can be awfully exposed out there. I'd line Witten up over Moore, then have him split outside pre-snap. Run a pitch play to Witten's side and have him ear-hole Moore as he tries to get to the RB.

There has to be some retribution. In years past they may have let it slide. I don't think this team will.

JDSmith

Reaction score
The best retribution is winning.

Sorry, but no it's not. If we win the next game and that guy takes out our QB with another cheap shot is that a victory? Because we'll win the game and lose the war. Season over. The best retribution is making sure that guy doesn't get another chance to injure Romo. His block in the back was illegal, his late hit was illegal - both of them were shots at our QB, the one guy we absolutely can't afford to lose. If one of our guys holds him up and another 'falls' into his knee and ends his season I'll smile. And you can check my posting history, I'm not one who wants other players to get injured and never condone cheap shots. But this guy is an exception, because he's going outside the rules to attack our QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The thing is that you can add that hit ( by the very same guy)to the mister crack back de-clearer on Romo after the Street fumble/pink

DFWJC

Reaction score
Moore has been fined a few times already for this stuff, and it was for much less obvious crimes

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wow
That was WAY after he'd thrown it.
I assume the ref wasn't watching? I mean...in today's NFL that's drawing flags from all the refs.
Send it in.

If that's Demontre Moore; he's the same guy who blindside de-cleated Romo after the Street fumble/int.

at what point in the game did this happen ?? not the one on street fumble but this other one.
I looked at last 2 drives by dallas and saw no hits on tony.
The op twitter pic , that only works if you a member of twitter, which I am not.

JDSmith

Reaction score
at what point in the game did this happen ?? not the one on street fumble but this other one.
The op twitter pic , that only works if you a member of twitter, which I am not.

First pass of the last drive, dump off to Dunbar. The camera starts to follow Dunbar, but you watch Tony the whole time you'll just about see where the guy hits him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
First pass of the last drive, dump off to Dunbar. The camera starts to follow Dunbar, but you watch Tony the whole time you'll just about see where the guy hits him.

That right. Most people watching TV didn't see it well. The really great footage of it was taken by a camera following Romo.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Didn't read thru the entire thread so forgive if I'm repeating. Once the QB's arm begins to go forward the play is considered a pass. The Referee is responsible for protection of the QB. In his judgment if a player with an unobstructed path to the passer hits the passer once the arm begins to go forward he has to judge whether the player could stop or not.

Not much doubt in this instance.

And this does seem repetitive to me. Jerry and Stephan need to address this. As does Garrett pregame.

joseephuss

Reaction score

When this thread first started the video would not play for me. Today it does and I am not a member of twitter.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

ok thanks I saw it, that was a cheap shot and should have been a penalty.