Video: Late hit on Romo on the final drive

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
did this impact the play of the game? i dont remember what could of been or what happened on that drive.

We marched down the field without clocking the ball to win. I think if we had stopped for a penalty it could have gave the Giants time to rest or sub, possibly throw off our rhythm. This was on the final drive. First pads to Dunbar.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Everything worked out (assuming Romo didn't tweak his back there).

I still hope they submit this to the league office along with the crack-back block by the same player, also on Romo. The two combined may say more than either alone.
If anything it's worth noting.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Everything worked out (assuming Romo didn't tweak his back there).

I still hope they submit this to the league office along with the crack-back block by the same player, also on Romo. The two combined may say more than either alone.
If anything it's worth noting.

If you're talking about the block after the interception, I don't think there is any chance of that causing action. Romo has to know better than to run out there.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
On that game winning drive there was a cheap shot on Romo by that punk arse Damontre Moore after the pass was thrown a he purposely hit him right in the back and no flag and he got up holding his back. Did anyone else seen that cheap shot?

I read from some joker in California that the reason that he got up holding his back was because of the torque on his back of throwing the ball 40 something times.

I'll tell you...Romo is one tough son-of-a-B...he has been beat to hell and back yet he never complains, he gets back up, broken collar bone, tries to come back in...punctured lung, broken rib, and still wins that game...but, if his team cannot win some cock-a-mammie "elimination game" or "spot light" game...he is a choker.

Eli...farts on the field like he usually does and his team bails his goofy butt out and he wins a SB...he is elite. Well, we saw the "elite" Eli fart again Sunday...but this time, his team was not there to give him his baby bottle to suck on on the plane ride home.

Last edited:

Doomsay

Reaction score
This is a designed play for the Giants. They double Free to knock him out of the pocket and the mismatched/unblocked defender spears Romo. Happened in 2013 in an end of half situation as well. I can find the broadcast view of the 2013 version tomorrow (or grab it from gamepass in lower quality now), but I still have the replay.

This one in 2015 is also leading with the helmet, but isn't as much of a direct shot. It is, however, 0.62 seconds after the pass, not .23 seconds like the 2013 spear.

Combined the two plays into a single gfy: http://gfycat.com/UntriedKnobbyBrontosaurus

Spear in 2013:
Oyza4AI.png

Those plays are designed for one purpose only. To late hit Tony - no way an inside block out of an OT is a legit pressure move. $&@& Coughlin

ringmaster

Reaction score
I read from some joker in California that the reason that he got up holding his back was because of the torque on his back of throwing the ball 40 something times.

I'll tell you...Romo is one tough son-of-a-B...he has been beat to hell and back yet he never complains, he gets back up, broken collar bone, tries to come back in...punctured lung, broken rib, and still wins that game...but, if his team cannot win some cock-a-mammie "elimination game" or "spot light" game...he is a choker.

Eli...farts on the field like he usually does and his team bails his goofy butt out and he wins a SB...he is elite. Well, we saw the "elite" Eli fart again Sunday...but this time, his team was not there to give him his baby bottle to suck on on the plane ride home.
I agree and as for that doofus Eli even though he won two SBs he's nowhere near the QB that Tony is and yes he is one tough hombre.

rags747

Reaction score
I hope someone from the Cowboys org sends the tape into the league and get this **'er fined big time. That seriously could have really screwed up Romo's back...he and we are so lucky that shot did not put him out for awhile.

Zordon

Reaction score
If Jerry is constantly going to play the "good cop" role when dealing with the league, then Stephen needs to step up and be the "bad cop". I'm tired of them taking the high road anytime the league screws us. I'd love for one of them to defend Romo the way Kraft has defended his lying/cheating QB the last 8 months. Jerry had no problem disrespectfully announcing to the public that he expected Romo to work like Peyton Manning, how about you stand up for your QB for once against the media onslaught and the league/players having it out for him. I'm seriously sick of this ****.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
On the Witten TD, I thought we lost Romo after that pass.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Pretty sure that after every game we send a list of plays to the league for review. I am sure this will be one of them.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I didn't have it in me to watch Free. It's too depressing.

I've noticed (others have, too) teams run this play where they have someone railroad Free while he's not looking so as to free up the rusher that he's supposed to be blocking. Martin's always out of position to pick the guy up. That was the case here.

It's legal, but still feels like dirty pool.