Video: Late hit on Romo on the final drive

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What bothers me most is the intentional targeting of his lower back. Our players all the time talk about not wanting to "hurt" anyone. Meanwhile they are driving into our qb's legs and back, tackling our star rookie DE into the ground long after the play has gone past, etc. etc. For that reason alone I actually cheered when Wilcox crushed OBJ. For once someone on our team laid some hurt on the other team. Maybe he WILL set the tone for the rest of the team. I am so tired of us (fans and team) being the rest of the league's punching bag just because of petty jealousy.

it isnt just dallas, it happens to every team. The owners evidently dont care, or they would make rule changes, lay heavy fines or suspend
players, and then ban them from the nfl if they keep doing it.
Take suh, he gets little fines, and is still in the league after stomping players repeatedly , stepping on rodgers leg, and his latest of kicking a Commander
in the head and it took his helmet off. He keeps doing it and only gets a slap on the wrist.
They should do all they can to eliminate cheap shots, even like the one on lee, so players can play with less injuries.

We cant do anything and goodell cant, and players union sides with player no matter what they do aside from murder, so it is up to the owners.

And the owners made the new rule where if a QB is doing this or that he can be hit.
So it is what it is.

now this play is a mean play, one guy ties up free then the other hits him from another angle allowing the first to then come free.
the cowboys need to find a way to look for this, and have a guy hit the guy who is going to hit free, lay him out.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
no fine this time either. Tells you all you need to know about the league office. Any other QB who is considered at all good gets protection except Tony Romo.

I't not just the media, bro.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
it isnt just dallas, it happens to every team.

even like the one on lee, so players can play with less injuries.

So you're saying a flag doesn't get thrown if that hit is on Rodgers, Brady, or Manning??? I cry bullcrap!

As for Lee - His hit wasn't even a hit... It blew b4 he even got hit .... by his own teamate.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It really is hard to believe he wasn't fined. That was 3 steps after the release. Maybe 4.

I would love the "there is no bias" crowd to argue that about the late hits on Romo.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Micky said Romo mentioned the spear to the back when talking to the media. I really find it absurd the NFL hasn't responded.

It's odd at best.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
Say what you want about hockey, but if a scrub put a dirty hit on a star player on an NHL team the scrub would be spitting out some teeth immediately. In this case you are trying to win the game so immediate retribution isn't feasible, but next time Dallas plays the Giants somebody needs to take care of this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of people would probably be extremely bored (and league rules may not even allow it) but I wish the Referee would be interviewed after games. The guy stands behind the quarterback and spies him on every play. Perhaps someone could ask his thoughts on particular fouls or non-fouls called on the quarterback's behalf during games. Of course I wonder if local media would even know what type of questions to pose if those opportunities were available after Cowboy games, lol. Seriously though, the Referee should be asked why flags aren't thrown on these obvious fouls on quarterbacks--and especially on Romo.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you're saying a flag doesn't get thrown if that hit is on Rodgers, Brady, or Manning??? I cry bullcrap!

As for Lee - His hit wasn't even a hit... It blew b4 he even got hit .... by his own teamate.

I dont think refs are going to favor some qb's over others.
We watch 16 games with tony , do you watch 16 games each year with those other qb's??
The other thing is if tony and JG, and jerry would complain, and make a issue on no calls, then the word might go out to refs, and it might have the
effect of less no calls.
But if you dont complain, then it will continue.
Bellichek is one who complains, so is brady, I dont know about rodgers.
Romo and JG tend to not complain and let it go.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
they never fined Clay Matthews for his late hits in the divisional game, what makes you think they're gonna fine a marginal player in the 1st game of the season?

despicable..

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Did the ignorant Dallas media ask JG about this? My guess is not, and if they did I concede the response would be muted. However they should still ask the question regardless.
Someone from the organization needs to defend their QB before he gets knocked out for awhile.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We watch 16 games with tony , do you watch 16 games each year with those other qb's??
The other thing is if tony and JG, and jerry would complain, and make a issue on no calls, then the word might go out to refs, and it might have the
effect of less no calls.

No but I watch them play 16 other qb's. At least 32 other complete games and all the highlights. I don't see anyone who gets hit so late often and not called. I mean these are very obvious calls. --Mathews and that Giants hit. I'd like to see anyone point out such obvious calls against any other qb not getting called. I mean that last game it was 3 steps. Maybe 4.
Mathews went for his knees. These are literally ALWAYS called. Always.

There was also a list, last year or the year before,of qb's who got the least amount of penalties for late hits. Romo was at or near the bottom.

I do agree they need to complain more and that is a factor.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
effect of less no calls.

Actually I do watch a lot of games with those other players. I'm a Cowboy fan thru and thru but I'm a fan of football, overall, as well. So no i don't see 16 games but I do watch a lot and I'm telling you that flag gets thrown 9 times out of 10. Having said that, Peyton got hammered last night and no flags were thown but then again I didn't see any blatant attempts to hurt him either. They were throwing the hankie whenever someone got near Alex Smith tho.. weird.

JDSmith

Reaction score
They really never fined Moore. Hard to believe but I guess not really. Someone owes him one. Leary needs to take him out. Legally.

As a rule I generally never wish injury on a player, but if the Cowboys take that guys knees out and put him out for the rest of the year I'm fine with it - legally or not. That scumbag doesn't get to cheap shot our QB. He's trying to ruin our season, so **** him.