Latest CBS Mock

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am OK with either move. My fear is we reach for a guy at 10.
Stop being scared. Would you consider Diggs as a reach if we drafted him at 17? That is what the Cowboys thought of him if CeeDee was not there. The Cowboys draft department is good and the Joneses appear to be listening to them after that Taco fiasco. Ryan Wilson is a big Steeler fan so I would take this pick with a grain of salt.

J-man

Reaction score
It would be very tough to pass on Parsons and Surtain, but for a later first, a second and a next year's 1, I think I'd do it. Not sure who I'd take between Horn, Barmore or one of those LB's but I'd be pretty happy non the less.

Of course it would come down to how the board had them rated, if one is obviously much higher rank than the rest than that's who you take.
But if it's close, it would come down to how deep I have the board at the positions.
i.e If Horn's one of the last CB's I think has a legit chance to come in and play/start, but LB and DT have good players I think I get in rds 2 or 3 than I take him. But if it's the other way, if I feel CB's are deep and quality DT's or LB's are thin, I'd take the best one of them there and wait on the CB.
IMHO, I think CB is probably the best position to grab there, but it could very well be a LB instead.

Sydla

Reaction score
Stop being scared. Would you consider Diggs as a reach if we drafted him at 17? That is what the Cowboys thought of him if CeeDee was not there. The Cowboys draft department is good and the Joneses appear to be listening to them after that Taco fiasco. Ryan Wilson is a big Steeler fan so I would take this pick with a grain of salt.

The Cowboys were likely taking Chaisson there, not Diggs.

And frankly, the trade is a bit lopsided in our favor, so whether Wilson is a Steelers fan or not, we'd likely be making out well in this trade scenario.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys were likely taking Chaisson there, not Diggs.

And frankly, the trade is a bit lopsided in our favor, so whether Wilson is a Steelers fan or not, we'd likely be making out well in this trade scenario.
Nobody knows except the the Joneses who the Cowboys were going to pick. There were rumors they were going to take Diggs just like the rumors for Chaison. Jeff and Broaddus both said recently it was Diggs not Chaison that would have been the pick.

Lopsided? I am glad you are not a general manager. You gonna drop down to 24 from 10 and away from blue chip players without next year’s one and let the Steelers draft a possible franchise quarterback? Get outa here.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

taco Charlton says hi...

I’m jp, I have faith in our scouting but I feel this draft lacks star players but I think it’s stacked with great core players. With that being said I would love a trade down to get more picks in day 2 and love the 2 1st years which gives us ammo to move around next year if there’s a can’t miss type of difference maker.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
taco Charlton says hi...

I’m jp, I have faith in our scouting but I feel this draft lacks star players but I think it’s stacked with great core players. With that being said I would love a trade down to get more picks in day 2 and love the 2 1st years which gives us ammo to move around next year if there’s a can’t miss type of difference maker.
Byron, Frederick, Martin, Tyron, Zeke, CeeDee say hi back. A failure at 27 like Taco would tell me not to trade back so late. I would do it for the extra first. I like the Ravens and Browns better then the Steelers for next season and maybe they won’t make the playoffs.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Byron, Frederick, Martin, Tyron, Zeke, CeeDee say hi back. A failure at 27 would tell me not to trade back so late. I would do it for the extra first. I like the Ravens and Browns better then the Steelers for next season and maybe they won’t make the playoffs.

I was joking, the Cowboys have drafted better than probably anyone if you equaled out the value based on where players were picked.

I think the Steelers could be drafting in the top 10 next year. I foresee a huge drop off from them.
In this draft the type of player you would get at say 12-15 range if people were thinking a slight trade back is going to be very similar to what you are going to get from 25-35 range.
Add another second round pick this year as well could be huge for building your core up, and you would have 2 1st next year so technically if you needed to make a big splash you have the ammo to do so.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Blue chip based on what? Was TJ Watt a blue chip player?

Edit:you said without getting a 1 next year.
Nobody knows except the the Joneses who the Cowboys were going to pick. There were rumors they were going to take Diggs just like the rumors for Chaison. Jeff and Broaddus both said recently it was Diggs not Chaison that would have been the pick.

Lopsided? I am glad you are not a general manager. You gonna drop down to 24 from 10 and away from blue chip players without next year’s one and let the Steelers draft a possible franchise quarterback? Get outa here.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I was joking, the Cowboys have drafted better than probably if you equaled out the value based on where players were picked.

I think the Steelers could be drafting in the top 10 next year. I foresee a huge drop off from them.
In this draft the type of player you would get at say 12-15 range if people were thinking a slight trade back is going to be very similar to what you are going to get from 25-35 range.
Add another second round pick this year as well could be huge for building your core up, and you would have 2 1st next year so technically if you needed to make a big splash you have the ammo to do so.
I think we can get a walk in starter at 10. You have to give me a ransom if you want to get a quarterback at our spot. Rumors are circulating that Houston can get 3 first round picks + for Watson and they finished 4-12 last season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Blue chip based on what? Was TJ Watt a blue chip player?

Edit:you said without getting a 1 next year.
I think Parsons, Slater, Collins, Surtain, Leatherwood and Farley are blue chippers. Walk in starters is my definition.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
If Farley is off the board, im down for trading back.

But if we bail and Farley is on the board, im going to lose it

I could see Quinn liking Horn’s teammate, Israel Mukamaku(?), even better. Better ball production and MUCH BETTER tackler.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I could see Quinn liking Horn’s teammate, Israel Mukamaku(?), even better. Better ball production and MUCH BETTER tackler.

Tyson Campbell seems like a Quinn guy to me.

Any LB's who run a 4.5 or better that's another person we should keep our eye on.

Too bad there's no combine.

Sydla

Reaction score

Huh? Trading the 10th pick for the 24th pick, another 2nd rounder and next year's #1 pick would favor the team trading the 10th pick.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

I’m with you, I’d probably stay at 10 before trading back that far.

However, Chaisson was going to be the pick had Lamb not fell. Jerry said that was their guy:

“We were sitting there in that draft and boy there our end, our defensive end, fell to us from LSU. And we were so giddy, but there sat CeeDee Lamb. And I’ll never forget, my grandson Shy reached over and punched me. I was sitting on the couch and he said, ‘Production, Papa. Production. Look at his production! Look at his production!’”

“Now my other grandson had told me when they played LSU at Arkansas, everything they did they had to game plan around that pass rush. So you say well what is this, listening to grandsons? Well and I looked up there just reminded me that that last name was Lamb.”

“We had had it all for the right reasons. He’s just a unique, unique football player. Unique talent. And boy it all fell together and, it just really was almost like an omen. He was certainly one of the best friends I’ve ever had. He lived vicariously every breath that I’ve got to be involved as a Cowboy. And Jerry Lamb was an outstanding, great player and great leader.”

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/jerry-jones-cee-dee-lamb-one-player-cowboys-drafted

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Huh? Trading the 10th pick for the 24th pick, another 2nd rounder and next year's #1 pick would favor the team trading the 10th pick.
You only make that trade If you get a haul. I want more. I would take that trade though. What do you think Steelers would offer?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m with you, I’d probably stay at 10 before trading back that far.

However, Chaisson was going to be the pick had Lamb not fell. Jerry said that was their guy:

“We were sitting there in that draft and boy there our end, our defensive end, fell to us from LSU. And we were so giddy, but there sat CeeDee Lamb. And I’ll never forget, my grandson Shy reached over and punched me. I was sitting on the couch and he said, ‘Production, Papa. Production. Look at his production! Look at his production!’”

“Now my other grandson had told me when they played LSU at Arkansas, everything they did they had to game plan around that pass rush. So you say well what is this, listening to grandsons? Well and I looked up there just reminded me that that last name was Lamb.”

“We had had it all for the right reasons. He’s just a unique, unique football player. Unique talent. And boy it all fell together and, it just really was almost like an omen. He was certainly one of the best friends I’ve ever had. He lived vicariously every breath that I’ve got to be involved as a Cowboy. And Jerry Lamb was an outstanding, great player and great leader.”

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/jerry-jones-cee-dee-lamb-one-player-cowboys-drafted
Jerrah said it but Jeff and Broaddus said it would have been Diggs. If it was any other owner I would believe Jeff and Broaddus but with PT Barnum. You are probably right. Thank goodness we will never know for sure.

Sydla

Reaction score
You only make that trade If you get a haul. I want more. I would take that trade though. What do you think Steelers would offer?

I have no idea. I am only operating on the premise/trade in the article I linked. In the article, he traded the 10th pick for the 24th, 55th and next year's first. With Farley off the board, I think that would be a really nice trade for us if it were to actually happen.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have no idea. I am only operating on the premise/trade in the article I linked. In the article, he traded the 10th pick for the 24th, 55th and next year's first. With Farley off the board, I think that would be a really nice trade for us if it were to actually happen.
The issue with all these mocks you never know who will be on the board at 10 or 24. I bet some teams will like Horne above Farley and/or Surtain. I think those three are on the same level and a tier above the rest. We all know the speed concerns with Surtain. The injury history and the lack of cornerback experience with Farley. Horne actually appears to be the cleanest of the three.