Twitter: Latest Depth Chart

DuncanIso

Reaction score
this looks like the 4-3 base D, which we rarely use anymore.

We ran a lot of 4-2-5 the last 2-3 seasons.

In that case, Parsons is on the bench???

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think TE McKeon is getting close to becoming a lock for the roster as the 3rd TE.

Bohanna at 4th string right now. He needs to make a move soon to make the roster. Hill staying on PUP would help him. Interesting they have Watkins at starting DT.

Way early and these are probably pretty meaningless right now.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Jaylon would be my first LB to go. I’d also not be shocked if we take out a DT and use parsons as another rusher on passing downs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Goodwin is a ST superstar, of course he is on the roster.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Watkins with the 1s

I actually expect him with the ones in the nickel. He's a more-known quantity as a DT pass rusher than any of the other guys we have. He and Gallimore have the leg up, although Hill would possibly be penciled in ahead of him since he was a starter last year until getting hurt. Don't know if Hill or Odighizuwa will overtake him.

It's interesting that this is a 4-3 lineup that they're basing this on. I don't know if this means we've decided to do more straight-up 4-3 instead of the hybrid 3-4 or they just didn't want to put the hybrid 3-4

gimmesix

Reaction score
It's weird to me that we list Mukuamu as a backup strong safety and Tyler Coyle as a backup free safety. I would think those would be the opposite.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Not bad for a guy some were already cutting.

Based on careers so far, he's a better player than Hill. The difference is that Hill was a project who still has room to grow while Watkins is pretty much what he's going to be, a solid rotational player.

gimmesix

Reaction score

I don't think so because we want to use Parsons as a pass rusher. I think we'll mix and match some, but I believe the two linebackers we'll have out there mainly in the nickel are Parsons and Neal. However, we could use three linebackers more often than we might think that we would, especially if some of them prove strong in coverage.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Jaylon would be my first LB to go. I’d also not be shocked if we take out a DT and use parsons as another rusher on passing downs.

I don't think we'll take out a DT, but use him more as an extra rusher, maybe bringing him up and dropping a lineman. I think we want the offense to always think he's coming but not know when he actually is.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's weird to me that we list Mukuamu as a backup strong safety and Tyler Coyle as a backup free safety. I would think those would be the opposite.
It's not weird if you take into account that the meda from dc.com likely put it together rather than actual coaches. They also list Hill as a 1T and Hamilton as a 3T among others.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Parsons is playing.

It's not just 4-2-5, where is the 3-4 depth chart?

Showing a 4-3 depth chart, which is likely used less than either 4-2-5 and 3-4, likely really distorts the reality of who we're keeping and who we're playing.

Worst depth chart to show.
Not bad for a guy some were already cutting.

4-3 depth chart doesn't mean much for a 4-2-5/3-4 team.

Watkins only makes the 53 if Hill is on PUP.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It's not weird if you take into account that the meda from dc.com likely put it together rather than actual coaches. They also list Hill as a 1T and Hamilton as a 3T among others.

True, and makes sense since they list three linebackers and a nickel corner, which is a 12-man defense ... and I believe that's still illegal.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bohanna at 4th string right now. He needs to make a move soon to make the roster. Hill staying on PUP would help him. Interesting they have Watkins at starting DT.

Bohanna could be the 4th string RDT and still the 1st string 3-4 NT. It's the latter that matters for Bohanna sticking.