Twitter: Latest Depth Chart

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Bohanna could be the 4th string RDT and still the 1st string 3-4 NT. It's the latter that matters for Bohanna sticking.

Very true. The only real competition he has there is Bohanna unless we're going to use one of the 3-techs at NT when we use those fronts. I hope not because I'd like to see us have a true space-eater out there, but if neither is good enough, it's hard to play an inferior player even if they fit the type needed.

Majic

Reaction score
Totally meaningless. We don't run a 4-3 base and with 12 players listed we are already committing a penalty before the first game!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on careers so far, he's a better player than Hill. The difference is that Hill was a project who still has room to grow while Watkins is pretty much what he's going to be, a solid rotational player.

How long does Hill get to show something?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Showing a 4-3 depth chart, which is likely used less than either 4-2-5 and 3-4, likely really distorts the reality of who we're keeping and who we're playing.

Worst depth chart to show.

4-3 depth chart doesn't mean much for a 4-2-5/3-4 team.

Watkins only makes the 53 if Hill is on PUP.

Was it you that was had Watkins being cut?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We need to look at a starting quality backup QB and I think Geno Atkins should be looked at also.

Put our current roster up against Tampa Bay's and tell me where we are superior in anyway? It is clearly the other way around.

I used Tampa Bay as the measuring stick because they are the champs, play in our conference and play us on week 1.

conner01

Reaction score
I think TE McKeon is getting close to becoming a lock for the roster as the 3rd TE.

Bohanna at 4th string right now. He needs to make a move soon to make the roster. Hill staying on PUP would help him. Interesting they have Watkins at starting DT.

Way early and these are probably pretty meaningless right now.
I agree on McKeon
I think the really like the upside they see in him and a solid camp will seal the deal for him

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's weird to me that we list Mukuamu as a backup strong safety and Tyler Coyle as a backup free safety. I would think those would be the opposite.
Once again you are wrong. Make note my friend, it's not the first time. ;)

gimmesix

Reaction score
Once again you are wrong. Make note my friend, it's not the first time. ;)

If I was keeping count of how many times I've been wrong, I'd need more than my 10 fingers and 12 toes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If I was keeping count of how many times I've been wrong, I'd need more than my 10 fingers and 12 toes.
12 toes? You have a future in the fetish industry, or maybe you already know this. ;)

gimmesix

Reaction score
How long does Hill get to show something?

I think PUP could give him a reprieve. Based on what we briefly saw of him last year, I don't think he's better than any of the DTs we have with NFL experience (Gallimore, Urban and Watkins). I also don't know if his potential would lead us to keep him over the potential of Odighizuwa and Bohanna. In fact, I'd say just based on last year's play, Hamilton was more consistent than Hill was, even though Hill had some flashes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
this looks like the 4-3 base D, which we rarely use anymore.

We ran a lot of 4-2-5 the last 2-3 seasons.

In that case, Parsons is on the bench???
Huh? :huh:

If this roster depth looks more like a 4-3 D, how does that mean Parsons is out of the starting lineup?

Isn't Parsons going to be our starting Middle LB with LVE and Jaylon manning the Outside LB positions? That's 3...count them 1, 2, 3...LBs all together on the field, so the 4-3 base D makes total sense.