News: Latest on Dak’s Injury

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So every player who has a major surgery is never the same again? How about a player who torn his ACL and MCL in Oct. of one season and the very next season he rushes for more than 2000 yards, Adrian Peterson. Or how about another player who torn his ACL and the very next season he was come back player of the year. The only reason you're pushing what you're saying is you hope it's true and Prescott is then gone from the Cowboys.

First of all you have no freaking idea what I want, so keep the speculation to your bad self. ACL and MCL are not compound fractures, those are tissue issues.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
First of all you have no freaking idea what I want, so keep the speculation to your bad self. ACL and MCL are not compound fractures, those are tissue issues.

So when you get a MD degree from some place other than a box of Cracker Jacks then I'll give you medical opinions some considerations, but until then I'll go with actual real doctors and what they say.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So when you get a MD degree from some place other than a box of Cracker Jacks then I'll give you medical opinions some considerations, but until then I'll go with actual real doctors and what they say.

You do that, and in the mean time, go to the store and buy you some Cracker Jacks since that is your answer to all other posters with an opinion.
Grab a soda to wash them down, too!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Again this is word for word from the article, how are y’all reading those words and coming away concerned? This is getting kinda sad at this point

Do a little research on your own before you believe everything you hear from ‘sources.’ Do you know who the ‘sources’ are and what is their agenda? When their is $175M on the line, ‘sources’ will say anything. Check out surgery for deltoid ligaments on the internet. It is a strong ligament and surgery is a last resort for that ligament after all conservative therapies have failed. Surgery for that ligament is usually for the highest level of injury. This is what I read. I am not a doctor but these are medical sites written by doctors and general advice.

Never hurts to verify before trusting. Especially when it deals with football player injuries and specifically the Cowboys. How many times have we heard week to week be months?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
First off what you find on the internet is generalized info not based on an individual case and a decision made by the surgeon who was actually doing the procedure. Next the wait was to make sure that no infection started like what happened with Alex Smith. Next the repair of the deltoid ligament was notice during the original surgery as an old injury not part of the injury that caused the first surgery so they went in and fixed that and cleaned up some other things to make his ankle stronger. You might be a good engineer but leave the medical stuff to real doctors.

Do you actually have an MD or are you just regurgitating the ‘sources’ pumping sunshine? Did you do some independent research on deltoid ligament surgery? I read the article and had some concerns. I did a little research on the internet and have more concerns. I was hoping the poster here who was a doctor would reply back.

I get leery when I see unnamed ‘sources’ an take it with a grain of salt. Strange in this day of social media overload that we have seen no video of Dak rehabbing. Saw plenty of Jaylon Smith 5 years ago.

817Gill

Reaction score
Do a little research on your own before you believe everything you hear from ‘sources.’ Do you know who the ‘sources’ are and what is their agenda? When their is $175M on the line, ‘sources’ will say anything. Check out surgery for deltoid ligaments on the internet. It is a strong ligament and surgery is a last resort for that ligament after all conservative therapies have failed. Surgery for that ligament is usually for the highest level of injury. This is what I read. I am not a doctor but these are medical sites written by doctors and general advice.

Never hurts to verify before trusting. Especially when it deals with football player injuries and specifically the Cowboys. How many times have we heard week to week be months?
You’re a webmd guy aren’t you? Sad

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You’re a webmd guy aren’t you? Sad

What is sad about researching something on the web? You haven’t heard one doctor weigh in on the information yet but you have faith in unnamed ‘sources’ since they are pumping sunshine.

I do search medical information on the web. Weird that you find that sad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is sad about researching something on the web? You haven’t heard one doctor weigh in on the information yet but you have faith in unnamed ‘sources’ since they are pumping sunshine.

I do search medical information on the web. Weird that you find that sad.
I think its sad you are choosing to be a doctor over listening to what sources say...but if those sources told you the opposite you'd believe it of course lol.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think its sad you are choosing to be a doctor over listening to what sources say...but if those sources told you the opposite you'd believe it of course lol.

Who cares what you think. Go shoot a hole through a penny and then we can talk.

This is a source. If I told you I was handsome, would you believe me?

You still homeless, big dog?

csirl

Reaction score
Part of what you said is just BS and part of it might be right if you actually had a real MD degree and not the one you got in a box of Cracker Jacks. First a player's agent has ZERO to do with if a player starts from the beginning of the season. If Prescott doesn't sign a long term deal before free agency, he'll get tagged again in which both cases France has ZERO say in whether Prescott starts. The doctors and trainers who have actually been the ones working with Prescott who didn't get their degrees from Cracker Jacks have said that Prescott6 is a head of schedule on his rehab and will be ready long before the season starts.

It's more than obvious that you're trying to make things look as bleak as possible because of your agenda of not wanting Prescott to play and not on the Cowboys, but you have less than zero real evidence to support your fairy tale.

You"re very green. Happens in all pro sports - players not rushing back from injury if it doesnt suit them. If Dak says his ankle doesnt feel right what can the team do? Soft tissue injury etc.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

a) I am not choosing to be a doctor. I am just asking common sense questions.
b) Yes, I question unnamed 'sources' as everyone should. We don't even know if those 'sources' are in the medical field.
c) No, I would verify first before trusting.

Sydla

Reaction score
As a physician, none of this is concerning at all

Talked to my brother that is a doctor and he said the same thing but he did say it's a bit peculiar the Cowboys wouldn't mention that when it happened. If it was an unrelated "cleanup" after they were confident they could go back in there without risk of infection, why not just say that? Now it looks shady because that stuff always eventually comes out anyway.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Implant Dak's ankle in Jaylon's knee and Jaylon's knee is Dak's ankle.......

And while their at it, Jaylon can keep Dak informed on how to get that cash! lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who cares what you think. Go shoot a hole through a penny and then we can talk.

This is a source. If I told you I was handsome, would you believe me?

You still homeless, big dog?

No longer homeless...staying rent free in your head.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well, good for you, but that is nothing compared to a compound, I'll say it again, compound fracture. Take a look at your ankle. Move it sideways, around and around, up and down, jump up and down and do 30 jumping jacks, sprint 25 yards...then go find a big fat bastid and let him fall on your ankle a few time in three hours. No...once broke, it's broke.

Now, to you and I it might not be a big deal like if we got into a car crash and had a compound fracture and it got fixed most likely we would be fine, but then again we are not getting the crap beat out of us during a game, and that is what he is going to face, whether you or anyone else want to believe it or not, he will, and it will forever be in the back of his mind.
We don’t agree much but coming from a torn ACL and MCL playing soccer. I played at a very high level. I used to be able to do 100s or keep ups. Now I can barely string together 4. Mind you. I had good medical care but nothing to the degree these guys have. His biggest issue won’t be his ankle. It’s going to be his mind. And trusting his legs. It took me a long time to even get back on a pitch

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
We don’t agree much but coming from a torn ACL and MCL playing soccer. I played at a very high level. I used to be able to do 100s or keep ups. Now I can barely string together 4. Mind you. I had good medical care but nothing to the degree these guys have. His biggest issue won’t be his ankle. It’s going to be his mind. And trusting his legs. It took me a long time to even get back on a pitch

You got brother! His mind coming back into a fight is going to be weird for him...we all know it. Hopefully he recovers and does his thing, that is the main thing, a pain thing.