News: Latest on Dak’s Injury

phildadon86

Reaction score
You got brother! His mind coming back into a fight is going to be weird for him...we all know it. Hopefully he recovers and does his thing, that is the main thing, a pain thing.
My record in professional competition in martial arts is 32-4. The 4 happened after the first loss. I mentally just couldn’t get that confidence back. It’s hard to explain to someone who hasn’t been there. Dak may be physically fine coming back. But it’s going to take him awhile to trust himself again. Just being 100 percent honest. But Dak has been thru a lot in his life and has the mental toughness to do it. So I have faith.

p.s my first loss was to a woman. Didn’t take her serious. Now you know I’m not lying because no man admits that willingly lol

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'll go with what the orthopedic surgeons that actually did the surgery and what they've seen since the surgeries and not what people sitting on their couches think. If you think about it that would make no sense to do that giving Prescott and his agent additional ammo in negotiating where as if it was as you think it would be a bigger bargaining tool for the Cowboys in negotiating a contract because according to you Prescott is not as far along as what they say he is. Also what was once a really serious thing 20 years ago is now not as serious because of the advancement in medical procedures. I'm not say Prescott's injury wasn't serious, but not serious in the sense that it couldn't and wasn't corrected by the advancement in medical procedures.

I hope you're right. I'm hoping for the best outcome.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You do that, and in the mean time, go to the store and buy you some Cracker Jacks since that is your answer to all other posters with an opinion.
Grab a soda to wash them down, too!

I can do that but I'll tell you that if a MD degree is in the box I won't try to use it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Do you actually have an MD or are you just regurgitating the ‘sources’ pumping sunshine? Did you do some independent research on deltoid ligament surgery? I read the article and had some concerns. I did a little research on the internet and have more concerns. I was hoping the poster here who was a doctor would reply back.

I get leery when I see unnamed ‘sources’ an take it with a grain of salt. Strange in this day of social media overload that we have seen no video of Dak rehabbing. Saw plenty of Jaylon Smith 5 years ago.

Here's what I do know. In the past I've read articles with direct quotes from doctors who have said that there is a wealth of medical information on the internet that explain symptoms, procedures and treatments but are written in generalizations and warns people from making any medical decisions based on what they find on the internet and to instead be seen by an actual doctor about any concerns they have from what they learned from the internet because the treatment and procedure can be and often are different than the generalizations found on the internet. In other words what you learned about deltoid ligament surgery on the internet written in generalizations may not be what applied in an individual case.

I too am leery of stories that use "sources" but this time when something as specific as deltoid ligament surgery was used I'm leaning to believe someone with direct info may have given the info. That's to specific of a procedure to just pull that out of thin air.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You"re very green. Happens in all pro sports - players not rushing back from injury if it doesnt suit them. If Dak says his ankle doesnt feel right what can the team do? Soft tissue injury etc.

But that's not what you originally said. You tried, repeat tried to infer that Prescott's agent can recommend that Prescott not play for what would be medical reasons that very could be completely different than what actual doctors have told him. Also when you made that statement you said nothing about that Prescott had any reservations about his injury. Then talk about being green, 99% of the time players want to come back to soon and it's the medical staff that tells teams to hold off on that. Right now the actual doctors have said Prescott will be ready to go long before the season starts and in fact is a head of schedule in his rehab. He's now walking without any issues and doing weight-bearing exercises.

As I originally said it's obvious that you have an agenda for whatever reason that you either don't want Prescott to play or using this as a reason for the Cowboys to pass on resigning Prescott to either a long term contract or tagging him again. Your example is based solely on your speculation or agenda and not on any know facts right now.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You realize my first post about his ankle was sarcastic right? Forget about the cracker jacks, they seem like they’d be a choking hazard for you.

As I've said many times it is often very hard to tell intent of sarcasm or joke in the written unlike the spoken word with facial expressions, tone of voice, hand gesturing. I didn't realize you meant it as a joke and apologize for not seeing that.

csirl

Reaction score
But that's not what you originally said. You tried, repeat tried to infer that Prescott's agent can recommend that Prescott not play for what would be medical reasons that very could be completely different than what actual doctors have told him. Also when you made that statement you said nothing about that Prescott had any reservations about his injury. Then talk about being green, 99% of the time players want to come back to soon and it's the medical staff that tells teams to hold off on that. Right now the actual doctors have said Prescott will be ready to go long before the season starts and in fact is a head of schedule in his rehab. He's now walking without any issues and doing weight-bearing exercises.

As I originally said it's obvious that you have an agenda for whatever reason that you either don't want Prescott to play or using this as a reason for the Cowboys to pass on resigning Prescott to either a long term contract or tagging him again. Your example is based solely on your speculation or agenda and not on any know facts right now.

You're trying to put words in my mouth. My original post is very clear.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You're trying to put words in my mouth. My original post is very clear.

I'll quote you "Sounds like a strange question, but think about it from a agents or financial perspective. What will his agent recommend?" The rest of your rant or agenda is based solely on Prescott not being ready when the season starts, yet the actual doctor and trainers that are working with Prescott say he'll be good to go LONG before the season starts. The sentence I quote is an implication that Prescott's agent may weigh in on Prescott's ability to play when the season starts. He's not a doctor so whatever he recommends means nothing.

I'll say it again your entire comments are based on your agenda that is either Prescott not play or Prescott is no longer on the Cowboys and are based on ZERO FACTS only your own suppositions.

csirl

Reaction score
I'll quote you "Sounds like a strange question, but think about it from a agents or financial perspective. What will his agent recommend?" The rest of your rant or agenda is based solely on Prescott not being ready when the season starts, yet the actual doctor and trainers that are working with Prescott say he'll be good to go LONG before the season starts. The sentence I quote is an implication that Prescott's agent may weigh in on Prescott's ability to play when the season starts. He's not a doctor so whatever he recommends means nothing.

I'll say it again your entire comments are based on your agenda that is either Prescott not play or Prescott is no longer on the Cowboys and are based on ZERO FACTS only your own suppositions.

Seriously, you've never come across a scenario where it suits a pro athlete to sit out and collect a paycheck? Injuries arent normally black and white. There's a huge grey area. What do you think the team doctors do if Dak says "doesnt feel 100% yet .......still a little sore......etc"?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-sign-tag-dak-prescott-have-no-medical-concerns-ankle-surgeries

Sources say Prescott underwent a second -- and previously unreported -- procedure on the ankle about two months later to strengthen his deltoid ligament, clean out the ankle and make it more structurally sound. That procedure wasn't directly related to the October surgery; rather, doctors then spotted issues related to past injuries to the same ankle, and so once the risk of infection was eliminated, they went back in to clean up the rest.

After the second surgery in early December, Prescott had to take about a week off from rehab to let the wound heal, but it improved the stability and integrity of the ankle and should accelerate his overall recovery, per sources. He's now walking without issue, doing weight-bearing exercises and is expected to be ready for action long before the 2021 season begins.

That's one reason there are no medical concerns, sources say, for the Cowboys with regard to offering Prescott a nine-figure contract that would put him among the NFL's highest-paid players. If anything, Prescott is considered a little ahead of schedule in what was initially pegged as a four- to six-month recovery.

Show of hands for those of you hoping Dak gets in a car wreck?

csirl

Reaction score
P.S. my.previous posts.

A number of posters on CZ have mentioned Dak not signing the tag and sitting out the season to become a free agent. Why throw away $37m in free cash when you can sit on IR with a "soft tissue injury"?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Seriously, you've never come across a scenario where it suits a pro athlete to sit out and collect a paycheck? Injuries arent normally black and white. There's a huge grey area. What do you think the team doctors do if Dak says "doesnt feel 100% yet .......still a little sore......etc"?

I'm a bit confused about what you're getting at here.. You think Dak will want to sit out and collect paychecks rather than be on the field? What have you seen that indicates that is part of his makeup? Do you know something the rest of us don't? If so please share it cause the best example I can think of regarding his passion for the game is the image of him banging his dislocated foot against the turf trying to "pop it back in" so he could keep playing. Yet somehow over the last 4 months he has morphed into a guy who wants to chill and spend his money rather than play the game he has loved since before he could say he loved it? Come on man..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
P.S. my.previous posts.

A number of posters on CZ have mentioned Dak not signing the tag and sitting out the season to become a free agent. Why throw away $37m in free cash when you can sit on IR with a "soft tissue injury"?

A number of posters on CZ are blithering idiots.. Bes to try to avoid quoting them in any context.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I never said that didn't happen. What I've been saying is you're jumping to conclusions that are the complete opposite of what the doctor and trainers are saying who are actually the ones treating Prescott. What you said happens all the time where a player goes out for warm ups before a game and decides he can't go although the trainers are watching and they say something like that he's not going full strength so he's probably not ready yet to the coaches. Also there are players that have played their injury to not play and just collect a pay check but after a while when the medical staff tells the coaches that there is really no reason for it those players get known as having less than a good character. Like I said most players want to come back before the trainers think they're actually ready. I'll say it again all you're trying to do is fit you suppositions to fit your agenda.