Lavar Ball and Molly Qerim

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He aint wrong.
I've always been torn on Lavar.
He gets that entertainment pays the bills and is trying to be an advocate and money maker for his entire family. BUT... his antics are making it HARDER on his kids and the Big Baller Brand nonsense cost Lonzo A LOT of money and probably LaMelo a season at Kentucky or Duke.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There was a time when innocent flirtation was not a bad thing, necessarily. I mean, it's such a load of crap anymore. I wonder if people actually stop and thing about what things would be like if there really was no room in our culture for males and females to show any appearance of outward attraction? I wonder if people would actually really like that or not?

As it is today, it's a double standard because if somebody finds the person who is showing this type of behavior attractive, it's encouraged and nothing is done about it. It's even encouraged but if it's from somebody who is not found to be attractive, it's a big problem that can cost a pearson dearly. It's a real mess anymore. I am really glad I am happily married with those days behind me (crosses fingers). I would hate to be a young person growing up in todays world. Just sucks all the way around IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've always been torn on Lavar.
He gets that entertainment pays the bills and is trying to be an advocate and money maker for his entire family. BUT... his antics are making it HARDER on his kids and the Big Baller Brand nonsense cost Lonzo A LOT of money and probably LaMelo a season at Kentucky or Duke.

I don't have much respect for the guy. I mean, I understand what he is trying to do but he's way overboard on going about it IMO. His kids need professionals to handle their careers, not Lavar IMO.

Last edited:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
There was a time when innocent flirtation was not a bad thing, necessarily. I mean, it's such a load of crap anymore. I wonder if people actually stop and thing about what things would be like if there really was no room in our culture for males and females to show any appearance of outward attraction? I wonder if people would actually really like that or not?

As it is today, it's a double standard because if somebody finds the person who is showing this type of behavior attractive, it's encouraged and nothing is done about it. It's even encouraged but if it's from somebody who is not found to be attractive, it's a big problem that can cost a pearson dearly. It's a real mess anymore. I am really glad I am happily married with those days behind me (crosses fingers). I would hate to be a young person growing up in todays world. Just sucks all the way around IMO.
I don't know. Its tough. Younger people seem to want to communicate through texting and social media in their relationships nowadays. I wonder how Jalen Rose even holla'd at Molly considering they were co-workers. What made him confident that it would not turn into an uncomfortable, report it to HR kind of situation?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know. Its tough. Younger people seem to want to communicate through texting and social media in their relationships nowadays. I wonder how Jalen Rose even holla'd at Molly considering they were co-workers. What made him confident that it would not turn into an uncomfortable, report it to HR kind of situation?

You are right, they do, but what happens is that you see these young people rely to much on these devices and then, they lose the skills to actually communicate. It becomes more important to emoji and less important to actually learn how to read peoples moods or tones of voice of flex of pitch. All of those things tell you something about a person. You lose those skills and I just don't think that's a good thing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Not sure I buy ANY of this.
Plenty of flirting goes on now and social media if anything makes it FARRRR easier and more visible.
But actually getting handsy with people just happens to be frowned upon.
Lots of stuff we saw in our past was weird but we all let it go. Now with instant access to a large audience people are coming forward when that stuff happens.
40 year old tenured/experienced male coworker coming up behind a new hire 25 year old chick's chair to give her a neck massage mid day?? holy lord that's inappropriate as can be but dudes were full on confident to do it.
Just don't be a creep seems pretty easy to me.
20 mins on tinder and people are exchanging explicit photos and texts.
Intention isn't vague anymore people just have less tolerance for predatory creeps.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not sure I buy ANY of this.
Plenty of flirting goes on now and social media if anything makes it FARRRR easier and more visible.
But actually getting handsy with people just happens to be frowned upon.
Lots of stuff we saw in our past was weird but we all let it go. Now with instant access to a large audience people are coming forward when that stuff happens.
40 year old tenured/experienced male coworker coming up behind a new hire 25 year old chick's chair to give her a neck massage mid day?? holy lord that's inappropriate as can be but dudes were full on confident to do it.
Just don't be a creep seems pretty easy to me.
20 mins on tinder and people are exchanging explicit photos and texts.
Intention isn't vague anymore people just have less tolerance for predatory creeps.

Yeah, no. The point is, social media vs actually interacting with people, like on the job. It doesn't have to be physical. You can simply say something that is perceived as inappropriate and you can have serious problems. I've seen it happen way too many times.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I can't stand the dude, but give me a break that is a pretty innocent comment.

She is kind of a head case as well, so not too surprised she got triggered.

I saw comments from ESPN etc, saying she is paid to talk sports.

Yea right, give me a break, she is paid to look pretty while Stephen A and Max Kellerman pretend to be experts.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
Qerim

Wait... What happened to the "U" always follows a "Q" rule?