Twitter: Lawrence had a good game

mrmojo

Reaction score
Solid player....not a game changer....was overpaid.....but thats not his fault blame FO......needs help on the line

terra

Reaction score

Sure Quinn is going to hang Dlaw out to dry- NOT.
And I laugh at the idea of a coach actually trying to claim a hit or a subjective pressure is as good as a sack
My questions about Quinn are increasing

And if figures someone would drag the PFF garbage out

75boyz

Reaction score
And I laugh at the idea of a coach actually trying to claim a hit or a subjective pressure is as good as a sack

Fuzzee posted last years sack performances with all the different sack numbers from d linemen/edge rushers and it was like 30 guys or more ahead of his 6.5.

The usual apologists lament his pressures and run game crap.

And then the infamous either you dont know football or weak team related rationalization so as to support their opinion of his massive annual overpayments.

Gotta rationalize it somehow I guess.

jmo

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If Lawrence were on the trading block, there would be no shortage of teams willing to take on his contract.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
D Law
5 pressures, forced fumble, run game on lock

Causal fans
He didn't even have a sack. Overpaid, JAG.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Oh, really???

Its not about hating on DLAW,,,,its about his pay and his drop in performance or lack of...Once he got paid he went from a 10 sack season to 5 sack a year guy and people say he is better....now. He played a good game against TAMPA....lets see if he can keep it up..... Cowboys need the old DLAW to rise back up

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I seriously still can't believe that people continue to call Lawrence out. He is an ELITE run defender on the edge (not kidding literally top 3-5 every season by PFF) and for everyone who thinks sacks are the only measure of an edge defender, while they haven't been there in the numbers you would like to see he ranks top 10 in pass rush win rate every year which is a much better metric to go by than sacks. Overall he has posted an elite player grade on PFF for each season since 2017. While I agree that advanced metrics sometimes don't tell the whole story, I think that the eye test also supports Lawrence's case as a beast on the edge. He jumps off the screen and plays with great strength on the edge and is always drawing extra attention.

I think another thing you have to consider is that most guys who are hanging ridiculous sack numbers also play alongside significantly stronger defensive units. I don't think I need to remind anyone that we're not exactly getting a bunch of coverage sacks here right now. The complete lack of pass rush from the inside also will make it harder for Lawrence to put up big time sack numbers.

Quite frankly I have never had an issue with the Lawrence contract and think that he always comes to play. Any claim that he isn't the same player he once was is quite simply not true based on evaluations from multiple metrics of performance.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You think there is a chance that pretty much every method of NFL player evaluation knows a little better than you? ;) Give one piece of objective evidence that Lawrence is not a top edge defender. Pass rush/ run defense Win rates are also completely independent of PFF and are highly supportive of Dlaw's case as a premier player at his position. I also agree that PFF grades do not always tell the whole story, but the fact that essentially every advanced metric (along with executives league wide) rates Lawrence as top-10, the points people try to make against him just don't hold up.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Totally this. Times Forever.

Or what is the preferred response of so many others here now... ? Something like , "Man, don't be bringing facts and logic in here..."lol

jmo

The facts and logic actually support Lawrence's case as a top-10 defensive end. The knee-jerk reaction is to blast him as washed.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some dummies just don't get it. He is being highly paid, but he does not run the defensive scheme. Most Dallas players do what they are told. The great ones understand the scheme, but plays outside the box. He will always be good but not excellent.