Lawrence is on pace for 30 sacks

pansophy

Reaction score
Has he been matched up against a solid tackle yet? Giants have huge problems and I thought the cards for sure had injuries at tackle.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Maleik Collins would like a word with you.

Good thing he finally showed up last night. I hope it's not another 3 weeks before he makes an appearance. Don't get me wrong. I like Collins and was hoping he would have a breakout season this year and he still may. Yes he got 2 sacks last night and i was pumped when it happend but I'm not at all convinced that he's what we need yet.

Reactions: BAT

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Good thing he finally showed up last night. I hope it's not another 3 weeks before he makes an appearance. Don't get me wrong. I like Collins and was hoping he would have a breakout season this year and he still may. Yes he got 2 sacks last night and i was pumped when it happend but I'm not at all convinced that he's what we need yet.
Just looked on NFL.com stats. Maliek Collins is right with Michael Bennett, Brandon Graham, Ryan Kerrigan and Terrell Suggs in tackles, assist and sacks. He didn't compile all those stats just last night.

One of his tackles on the season, was him tackling a reciever 16 yards downfield in yesterday's ball game. This is a DT we're talking about.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Just looked on NFL.com stats. Maliek Collins is right with Michael Bennett, Brandon Graham, Ryan Kerrigan and Terrell Suggs in tackles, assist and sacks. He didn't compile all those stats just last night. One of those tackles was him tackling a reciever 16 yards downfield in yesterday's ball game. This is a DT we're talking about.

Good info. I appreciate the research. Maybe I'm harder on him than I should be. Again I like Collins and thought all off-season that he was going to be the key guy on if this defense takes a huge step forward. I do recall him making some plays in the first 2 games. I have high expectations and just expected more. Maybe unrealistically.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Here's the chart from the other thread. Can't be refuted, it's simple math.. And it's on the internet.

0a1esWh.jpg

I'll take the over

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Good info. I appreciate the research. Maybe I'm harder on him than I should be. Again I like Collins and thought all off-season that he was going to be the key guy on if this defense takes a huge step forward. I do recall him making some plays in the first 2 games. I have high expectations and just expected more. Maybe unrealistically.
Thanks, considering we got him in the 3rd round, and he is producing the way he currently is, I'm excited. Heard nothing but positives coming out of camp, and now he's showing up in in clutch time, in big games, which has me convinced he's a baller.

He reminds me of Russell Maryland. He's built almost identically to him, with very similar measurables. But I could be jumping the gun too. Lol

He will have to be that guy, to demand double teams as well, if Lawrence is to have a 20+ sack season. IMO

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Getting Irving back and having to double M. Collins should help him too though.

The defense desperately need Irvin to return and play well. Mayowa is mediocre, Charlton still needs a ton of work and Crawford while OK simply isn't good enough. If we can get Lawrence, Irvin and Collis all rolling together, we may have a legitimate pass rush.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'll contend 3sacks from his 3 tech position is as effective as d.laws ....heck in a 3 man front he is nose, even better yet

I agree if this was a typical 4-3 over scheme. But the 4-3 under was designed to make the 3Tech the War Daddy, not the strong side DE.