Lawrence is on pace for 30 sacks

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the chart from the other thread. Can't be refuted, it's simple math.. And it's on the internet.

0a1esWh.jpg
And those are the per-game numbers, not cumulative, so it comes out to around 33,000 or so.

Kind of amazing that with all those sacks, the opponents are still running that many offensive plays...I guess 5 yard sack, defensive holding penalty, 5 yard sack, defensive holding penalty, ad infinitum, would work.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think Lawrence will keep his high level of play, the issue is if he'll stay healthy. That's his problem, if a nagging injury hits him, it's over.

You could already see Lawrence impact yesterday, they started to focus on him a bit at the end of the game, and Collins and even Crawford started to find their way to Palmer. This is what a great DE does for a line.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
He'll be lucky to finish with 12 once other teams realize he's the only one that can hurt them and start game planning against him.
Guess you missed Maliek Collins and Crawford getting a sack or two as well. As soon as they start double teaming Lawrence that's when the jailbreak happens for the other guys on the D Line. Oh, bye the way, David Irving will be back in two weeks.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Guess you missed Maliek Collins and Crawford getting a sack or two as well. As soon as they start double teaming Lawrence that's when the jailbreak happens for the other guys on the D Line. Oh, bye the way, David Irving will be back in two weeks.

I didn't miss nothing bro. It only took 3 games for them to do anything. If you want to claim David Irving as Mr. consistency who is destined to be a force week in and week out then go ahead. But I'm not gonna be a fool and think that. He's got to show me first.

erod

Reaction score
The problem is that bad back.

That's the only reason I wouldn't sign him just yet.

Rob-G

Reaction score
Here's the chart from the other thread. Can't be refuted, it's simple math.. And it's on the internet.

0a1esWh.jpg
I miss those 4,000 sack games. They're not as common as they used to be :D

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I didn't miss nothing bro. It only took 3 games for them to do anything. If you want to claim David Irving as Mr. consistency who is destined to be a force week in and week out then go ahead. But I'm not gonna be a fool and think that. He's got to show me first.
Well my apologies, I percieved that you stated Lawrence is the only threat to get sacks, which is an exaggerated statement, based on what Collins has done so far this season. Now, throw Irving into that mix. I'm looking at Irving as the possible gravy on the biscuit. He has flashed in the past.

Last edited:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very seriously doubt it happens, but can easily see him getting around the 15 sack area give or take.
What say you?

Would be nice If he could beat chompers record though:laugh:

Just the fact that teams will have to account for him will make the whole line better. But I wouldn't be mad if he gets 23!

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
His job will get easier when D Irving gets back next week. If he stays healthy and Collins continues his play, I'm guessing Tank will set a career high of 16 sacks which is insane. He's playing with a confidence and ferocity we've never seen from him. Keep it up Tank!!

links18

Reaction score
He's made a big impact in all 3 games though.

He has and teams will start scheming for it. He needs some help. Maybe he will get it when Irving comes back. On the Fitz TD last night, Lawrence was off the field and his replacement, Moore, got run right out of the play giving Palmer a clean pocket and six points.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He has and teams will start scheming for it. He needs some help. Maybe he will get it when Irving comes back. On the Fitz TD last night, Lawrence was off the field and his replacement, Moore, got run right out of the play giving Palmer a clean pocket and six points.

Im really hoping that around November D. Ware gets picked up.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't ever remember seeing Lawrence this big since he was drafted, I mean good gosh, he's HUGE!

drawandstrike

Reaction score
He's made a big impact in all 3 games though.

Last night the Cards had a TD called back because DLaw so shredded the tackle the guy practically tackled him in front of the referee. The Cards then missed the FG after being moved back. DeMarcus Ware also had this impact for us in plenty of games, garnering holding calls that killed plenty of opponent's drives.

Also DLaw had a sack nullified by a penalty on the Cowboys. So he came close to recording 4 sacks in 1 game.

Last edited: