Lawrence next year

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Imo he has to be priority number one
What do you guys think we do? Franchise him again? Give him the big contract? Or let him walk?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What do you guys think we do? Franchise him again? Give him the big contract? Or let him walk?
Tough decision. He is a solid player, but not dominant enough, imo, to get paid top dollar. If they can find a body eating brawler to play inside, he will be better.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
My guess is he takes a team friendly deal, or they franchise him again. I like Tank a lot, but he's proven to be yet another defender who won't make the plays at the most important times in the most important games. If we can get him on a team friendly deal, take it. If not, rent him for one more year.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not paying him anymore. He didn't show up yesterday and was a non factor for most of December as well. We really need to re-think the whole DL after last night.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tough decision. He is a solid player, but not dominant enough, imo, to get paid top dollar. If they can find a body eating brawler to play inside, he will be better.

Thats not going to happen until Marinelli is gone. We need a space eating hog in the middle to keep the OL off the lbs in games like last night.

visionary

Reaction score

Signing the guy who disappears late in the season and in the playoffs should not be "priority #1" but we will pay him 20 mill/year to do exactly that

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Lou is the Rams OL and DLaw is the other guy..
giphy.gif

Section446

Reaction score
Problem is that he wasn't a top 10 DE this year. He peaked in September.
I understand where you're coming from, but what's option B? If we're not going to spend the money on him, where are we spending it? I think you give him a front-loaded contract for 5 years, cut him in 3.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have no problem franchising him again. I also have no problem signing him to a big contract. You guys ragging on Tank need to watch the film of the game. He gets double and triple teams a lot. The Rams were clearly not going to let him get to Goff, just like they were not going to let Zeke get past the line of scrimmage. Its called a game plan. Maybe you are not used to seeing it because the Cowboys don't look like they ever have one, most of the time.

Our DTs are Woods, Reid, Collins. Ross. Tyrone Crawford will move inside on passing downs. Woods, Reid and Ross were picked up off the street. Collins was drafted in the 3rd round. You are the offensive coordinator of the opposing team. Who in this bunch do you have to game plan for? Who scares you? Who is going to disrupt your game plan? If your guards take on two of these guys who does the center need to help out?

Then you look at our DEs. You see Lawrence, Gregory, Crawford and Taco Charlton. See the problem? None of these guys, except Lawrence are scary. If you are the opposing team you account for Lawrence and you tell your offensive line to beat the rest of these guys one on one. This is the problem the Cowboys must solve. You know why David Irving makes plays when he plays? He's better than the rest of these DTs by a lot. And when he is playing next to Lawrence it creates a huge problem for the offenses they face. They cannot double team both of them.

Irving is probably going to be out of football next year. So its safe to say that right now the Cowboys need a compliment for Lawrence somewhere on the DL. I would like to see a stud DT acquired in the offseason to pair with Collins/Woods and let's see of Charlton and or Gregory can develop into a player. But the Cowboys seem to prefer to go to Burger King to sign guys who are manning the fryer rather than spend money on a serious DT. That has to change. When it does, Lawrence will become more consistent pressuring the passer.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand where you're coming from, but what's option B? If we're not going to spend the money on him, where are we spending it? I think you give him a front-loaded contract for 5 years, cut him in 3.

A lot depends on whose available and what DLAW will accept. I think we sign him too.......if i had to make a bet. I think we should make a run at Gerald McCoy.

Praxit

Reaction score
...he ended the season on a down note. Basically, took a ferry to Catalina Island. If he asked for to much, scrap him. Draft some real meat in the middle and get a safety.