Lawrence Timmons - would you be upset if he came to us?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Zen;1436203 said:
How many linebackers do we need? Are we going to be the Detroit Lions of LB's picking one in the first or second every year.

we only have like 6 on a roster that uses a 3-4 defense

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future 585;1436285 said:
we only have like 6 on a roster that uses a 3-4 defense
People just can't quite grasp the idea of a 3-4 defense. They think linebacker and immediately think of a 4-3 linebacker's role. They never stop to realize (a) that there are more LBs required, and (b) that the OLB in the 3-4 isn't just a LB. He can be a DE. If a 4-3 team were to draft a DE in year 1, another DE in year 2, and a LB in year 3, you wouldn't hear anyone complaining. For a 3-4 team, that would be essentially what we'd be doing.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Zen;1436203 said:
How many linebackers do we need? Are we going to be the Detroit Lions of LB's picking one in the first or second every year.

I feel the same....not in the 1st or 2nd again this year.

Quincy Black would be perfect in the 3rd round though. :)

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
To be honest, I think that if we were to draft defense in the 1st, then we should give anthony spencer from Perdue a good look, certainly more than the other 3-4 ends we are looking at such as jarvis moss( He is much weaker than Spencer, I think his bench press was at least 100 lbs less, he would have a hard time disengaging from linemen just like Bobby Carpenter) or lawrence timmons...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1435890 said:
I think he's pretty good, but he's more of a 4-3 OLB...

At the same time, I have read that the Boys have shown some interest in him, have talked with him... so perhaps they feel he could make the transition to the 3-4 without too much problem...

he's probably best suited inside in a 3-4 so he can be protected by the front 3, his skills would be best utilized there as well, as he can cover, run sideline-to-sideline and can blitz some, you could move him around, so I would think Dallas is intrigued by the versatility Timmons would bring

and to answer the OP, no, I wouldn't mind it at all if we took Timmons

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1456150 said:
he's probably best suited inside in a 3-4 so he can be protected by the front 3, his skills would be best utilized there as well, as he can cover, run sideline-to-sideline and can blitz some, you could move him around, so I would think Dallas is intrigued by the versatility Timmons would bring

and to answer the OP, no, I wouldn't mind it at all if we took Timmons

Your Probably right Sacamano, but with the large contracts we have already given to Bradie James and Akin Ayodele ,( I think Ayodele is fine where he is, but Bradie James isn't worthy of the contract he was given.:mad: ) we should draft in the a pass-rushing end to compliment D-Ware.