LB Carpenter's 40-times at Pro Day were ..

Woods

Reaction score
NCAA | Carpenter Pro Day results
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:49:19 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State LB Bobby Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

Info for those of you with man-love for Carpenter . . . .

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Link 1

Link 2

Excellent job searching before posting. The first link was on the first page of this forum before you posted this.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Woods said:
Relax, it's Friday

It would be excusable if it were a Monday. On a friday is inexcusable.

By the way, I don't think using the "Man love" bit would be the way to go unless you're intentionally trying to start a flame thread.

Some people think highly of Bobby Carpenter (myself included). Just cuz you do not feel the same way doesn't mean you have to accuse people of having "Man love" for him. Try to be more mature then that.

Woods

Reaction score
Rack said:
It would be excusable if it were a Monday. On a friday is inexcusable.

By the way, I don't think using the "Man love" bit would be the way to go unless you're intentionally trying to start a flame thread.

Some people think highly of Bobby Carpenter (myself included). Just cuz you do not feel the same way doesn't mean you have to accuse people of having "Man love" for him. Try to be more mature then that.

Actually, he's my 2nd favorite LB after Lawson.

Not intended to be a flame thread . . . . if you've ever read my posts, you'd know I don't start those.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Woods said:
Actually, he's my 2nd favorite LB after Lawson.

Not intended to be a flame thread . . . . if you've ever read my posts, you'd know I don't start those.

I wasn't questioning your intent. Just letting you know that some will be more defensive of others if they think you're accusing them of having "man love" for someone.

Personally, I'm glad Carpenter isn't 100% and "only" ran a 4.7 (roughly). There's a slight chance he'll drop to us in the 2nd round now.

Woods

Reaction score
Rack said:
I wasn't questioning your intent. Just letting you know that some will be more defensive of others if they think you're accusing them of having "man love" for someone.

Personally, I'm glad Carpenter isn't 100% and "only" ran a 4.7 (roughly). There's a slight chance he'll drop to us in the 2nd round now.

Well, if we trade down in the 1st, I think he would be a great pick up.

But maybe the Pats are thinking the same thing . . . .

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Woods said:

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Ohio State LB Bobby Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68 during his Pro Day workout Thursday, March 9. Five NFL head coaches were present, Bill Cowher of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears, Rod Marinelli of the Detroit Lions, Romeo Crennel of the Cleveland Browns and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants. The players ran outdoors on a strip of extremely fast Astroturf.

Info for those of you with man-love for Carpenter . . . .

The guy broke his leg like 3-4 months ago, and is already running in the 4.65 range??

Wow, what a stiff... there's no reason to expect that with further rehab, he'll be able to knock another tenth of a second or more off of that time...

Even if he doesn't, what you have is a 255 pound linebacker who runs a 4.65 40... those are NFL numbers...

I guess you skimmed right over the part that said Carpenter's still only about 90 per cent...

Given all of that, the obvious question is why don't YOU have "man love" for Carpenter?? You got something against really good linebackers??

Woods

Reaction score
silverbear said:
The guy broke his leg like 3-4 months ago, and is already running in the 4.65 range??

Wow, what a stiff... there's no reason to expect that with further rehab, he'll be able to knock another tenth of a second or more off of that time...

Even if he doesn't, what you have is a 255 pound linebacker who runs a 4.65 40... those are NFL numbers...

I guess you skimmed right over the part that said Carpenter's still only about 90 per cent...

Given all of that, the obvious question is why don't YOU have "man love" for Carpenter?? You got something against really good linebackers??

Did you read the subsequent post where I said he was my 2nd favorite LB (behind Lawson)?

Clearly not . . . .

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Either AJ Hawk is a superhuman, or that pro day track is exceptionally fast...not impressed with Carpenter's time. I have no interest in the 2nd best LB on a college team, not in round 1....certainly not unless we drop down to the bottom of round 1.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Woods said:
Did you read the subsequent post where I said he was my 2nd favorite LB (behind Lawson)?

Clearly not . . . .

Told you people would misinterpret your original post.

;)

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Whitner ran a similar time to the one he did at the combine, but who knows when you are talking hand held vs electronic.

Woods

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Either AJ Hawk is a superhuman, or that pro day track is exceptionally fast...not impressed with Carpenter's time. I have no interest in the 2nd best LB on a college team, not in round 1....certainly not unless we drop down to the bottom of round 1.

According to various sources, it is supposed to be a fast track, but if it's faster than the new one at the Combine, I have no idea.

But I still think Carpenter is first round material, but probably in the mid to late 20s.

silverbear

Reaction score
Woods said:

Clearly not . . . .

YEah, I did-- after I posted what I did... in my defense, I'm not the only one who read a semi-belligerent tone in your initial post...

But I have no reason to doubt you when you say you like Carpenter, so I'll apologize for misjudging you...

silverbear

Reaction score
Woods said:
Yhea . . . . I'll have to be more "tactful" next time. :D

That cheesy grin smiley after the phrase "man love" in your initial post would have been all you needed, LOL...

I like that cheesy grin smiley...

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score

Unless the weather was significantly different 70 miles to the east of my location, it was extremely windy. Not to mention it rained off and on most of the day. I don't know how much if any impact it had, but I'd imagine it did have some effect on times??

ravidubey

Reaction score
Rack said:

If you're that sensitive, don't read. Woods, I think you hit a nerve.

ravidubey

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

I agree. There still aren't enough 3-4 teams that there shouldn't be plenty of very good 3-4 OLB prospects when Dallas drafts in the 2nd round.

I'd rather have Greenway if we're drafting LB in the first round. An OT like McNeill won't slip into the second round.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I like Carpenter a lot. He's a 6-3, 255 lb. athletic guy who can play 4 LB positions as well as DE. And he can cover. I have to say, I like Wimbley more and more, the more I learn about him.