LB Dallas has met with so far

Gambit

Reaction score
Formal visits per USA Today

Junior Colson, Michigan (scheduled for Wednesday)
Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
Ty’Ron Hopper, Missouri

Informal visits

Jaylan Ford, Texas
Curtis Jacobs, Penn State
Tyrice Knight, UTEP
Marist Liufau, Notre Dame
Darius Muasau, UCLA

JeffInDC

Reaction score
If they could put Muasau's instincts in either Cooper or Colson's body, you'd have the perfect LB. Muasau's size and athleticism are apparently the only things holding him back.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Formal visits per USA Today

Junior Colson, Michigan (scheduled for Wednesday)
Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
Ty’Ron Hopper, Missouri

Informal visits

Jaylan Ford, Texas
Curtis Jacobs, Penn State
Tyrice Knight, UTEP
Marist Liufau, Notre Dame
Darius Muasau, UCLA
Just give me the dudes with good eyes and instincts for once. If instincts are a negative in scouting report pass...

Colson: meh
Cooper: LFG
Trotter: Yes, go meet him
Ford: no
Liufau: no

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Just give me the dudes with good eyes and instincts for once. If instincts are a negative in scouting report pass...

Colson: meh
Cooper: LFG
Trotter: Yes, go meet him
Ford: no
Liufau: no
Best MLB instincts in the draft are probably Trotter and Muasau from UCLA.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Really like Colson, Hopper, and Knight from that list. Muasau late Day 3 or Priority UDFA too.

I'm not seeing the hype with Cooper. Plays hesitant to me.

Hopefully we meet with Payton Wilson and Trevin Wallace.
How about all the hype Colson is getting, don't get it, I see a linebacker with terrible instincts and run fits.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He guesses a lot, Jaylon Smith flashbacks.

Athletic and physical though.
I'm not a fan either. Between the missed gaps and the fly-by missed tackles when he does read it right, it really seems like he's playing out of control.

If you just want him to attack the line of scrimmage though, he's got Parsons type of juice.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Trotters comp is Nick Bolton. We probably won’t meet with him lol.
Don’t see that comp with him, but I get the feeling they will look more towards fa to address the kb need and might look more towards depth in the draft. Hearing good things about your Carolina Panther backer

cnuball21

Reaction score
Don’t see that comp with him, but I get the feeling they will look more towards fa to address the kb need and might look more towards depth in the draft. Hearing good things about your Carolina Panther backer
Oh I hope we do too…but I think we agree if we’re looking to draft a LBr early we want one with + instincts.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Oh I hope we do too…but I think we agree if we’re looking to draft a LBr early we want one with + instincts.
Problem is there is only a few quality prospects at the position. Cooper, Turner are clearly ahead of the others I watched

cnuball21

Reaction score
Problem is there is only a few quality prospects at the position. Cooper, Turner are clearly ahead of the others I watched
I think Trotter is a better prospect than anyone on our current roster was…just not sure if he’ll be that in year 1 or if it’ll take a little time.