LB Dallas has met with so far

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This is not a good LBer class.
I think Trotter is a better prospect than anyone on our current roster was…just not sure if he’ll be that in year 1 or if it’ll take a little time.
It’s going to take time. Bolton also had instincts but was much more of a physical presence. I’m all about taking a LB at some point but I hope they don’t reach for one of these guys when there are better players still available on our board.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is not a good LBer class.

It’s going to take time. Bolton also had instincts but was much more of a physical presence. I’m all about taking a LB at some point but I hope they don’t reach for one of these guys when there are better players still available on our board.
Not great…but we’re talking about improving a room that is abysmal.

LBr should be a top priority in FA IMO so we don’t have to worry about a rookie being the guy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Formal visits per USA Today

Junior Colson, Michigan (scheduled for Wednesday)
Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
Ty’Ron Hopper, Missouri

Informal visits

Jaylan Ford, Texas
Curtis Jacobs, Penn State
Tyrice Knight, UTEP
Marist Liufau, Notre Dame
Darius Muasau, UCLA
MLBs: Colston, Edge Cooper, Ford and Muasau. Cooper is my favorite, I just keep imagining him and Parsons at LB..those double A gap blitz would go crazy. Colston is big, athletic and is another excellent option.

WILLs: Liufau, Hopper, Jacobs and Knight. Liufau plays fast with controlled recklessness.

Overall, these LBs are good in coverage, make interceptions and deflect passes.

Gambit

Reaction score
MLBs: Colston, Edge Cooper, Ford and Muasau. Cooper is my favorite, I just keep imagining him and Parsons at LB..those double A gap blitz would go crazy. Colston is big, athletic and is another excellent option.

WILLs: Liufau, Hopper, Jacobs and Knight. Liufau plays fast with controlled recklessness.

Overall, these LBs are good in coverage, make interceptions and deflect passes.
Interested to see what Ford runs. Surely better than 4.76, right?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Interested to see what Ford runs. Surely better than 4.76, right?
Not going to lie, Ford looked slow. However, the guy knows how to play, and is always in passing lanes making plays. Ford is a good player, and I like his game, and if he can get a 40 around a 4.63 he's in business.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Just like Michigan i am hesitant to draft any player from T A&M.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
His lack of size bothers me.
Bobby Wagner - 6', 240
Eric Kendricks - 6', 232
Patrick Queen - 6', 230
Nick Bolton - 5'11", 235
Devin White - 6', 237
Dre Greenlaw - 5'11", 235
Quincy Williams - 5'11", 225

While prototype size is ALWAYS preferred, this list has 7 guys that have had really good to great success in the league.

cnuball21

Reaction score
His lack of size bothers me.
I think he’ll come in around the same size
as Bolton.

Maybe not someone that’ll be in the field all the time in nickel / dime but rock solid against the run.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think he’ll come in around the same size
as Bolton.

Maybe not someone that’ll be in the field all the time in nickel / dime but rock solid against the run.
Perfect world they sign a quality fa starter and add a day 2 linebacker. They are going to need numbers as Zimmer will not be playing a 3rd safety against the run like Quinn liked.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner - 6', 240
Eric Kendricks - 6', 232
Patrick Queen - 6', 230
Nick Bolton - 5'11", 235
Devin White - 6', 237
Dre Greenlaw - 5'11", 235
Quincy Williams - 5'11", 225

While prototype size is ALWAYS preferred, this list has 7 guys that have had really good to great success in the league.
Certainly smaller linebackers have had success in this league, just my preference at the position. When you look what the Cowboys have up front, they are going to need linebackers who can take on blocks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just give me the dudes with good eyes and instincts for once. If instincts are a negative in scouting report pass...

Colson: meh
Cooper: LFG
Trotter: Yes, go meet him
Ford: no
Liufau: no
Dont dislike Ford. But I view him in the context of a Hitchens caliber player. Not against that outside the top 100

Gambit

Reaction score
Dont dislike Ford. But I view him in the context of a Hitchens caliber player. Not against that outside the top 100
Consensus Big Board has Ford at 142 8th among LBers which where Id expect to see him go.

Dallas this year has to think a round ahead though

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Consensus Big Board has Ford at 142 8th among LBers which where Id expect to see him go.

Dallas this year has to think a round ahead though
If we do, he'll be out of range. They will have to either hope he falls or move up from the comp 5th