LB Damone Clark

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything I’ve seen and read shows me a highly athletic player whose mental processing caught up with his natural abilities in 2021.

In short, it ‘clicked’ for him last season. I think we’re getting a kid on the doorstep of greatness. As long as the injury doesn’t affect him long term, we may have stolen a first round player.

The only potential downside? We only have him for what is likely three years. Then it will cost big money.
No years accumulate while on NFI.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The role is completely different.

They don't have anybody else to play that role. Jabril Cox will play the Neal role.

Parsons can do it, but that would be a waste of his talent to play the stack & shed role.

Most LBs that can play that role are not as good in coverage as Vander Esch.

Parcells had Bradie James in that role and he was great vs the run; however, he was terrible in coverage.

Hitchens...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hitchens...
I don't think of Hitchens as that style of stack-and-shed run stopper.
- KC did play 3-4 when Hitchens first went there and 3-4 ILBs usually play that style to some extent.

When they were both with the Cowboys, Damien Wilson was more than style of player than Hitchens.

Both Wilson and Hitchens show that Marinelli was a clown.
- Marinelli needed upgrades at LB.
- Meanwhile, Hitchens and Wilson have been full time starters since leaving and won a Super Bowl.